Livingston - all the threads merged

Not to worry, you'll be getting Hamilton back on loan from us instead. Looks like Panayiotou is done at Livi, we're trying to get him out on loan till the end of the season then punt him. Hopefully to Falkirk.[emoji1787]

Aye looking forward to Hamilton’s return. Could see Harrison Clark being loaned out a division lower perhaps, Chris Hamilton has made the centre midfield position his own & Nicky Low is due back from injury soon soon so game time will be hard to come by.

4 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Panayiotou was supposed to be heading to us on loan, we had him in training & playing in bounce games but he was apparently unfit & so unimpressive that we have passed up on him. Disappointed as he had been linked for ages & was excited to see what he would bring.

Seems like we're wanting to punt him permanently now, just seems like one of those guys not willing to work hard to make it. Utterly baffling, seemed like a panic signing from us. Still can't believe we kept him and loaned out Nouble :D 

13 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Panayiotou was supposed to be heading to us on loan, we had him in training & playing in bounce games but he was apparently unfit & so unimpressive that we have passed up on him. Disappointed as he had been linked for ages & was excited to see what he would bring.

He was supposed to be Nouble's striking partner at a previous club and came highly recommended - very disappointing it this turns out to be correct.

Losing Imrie and potentially Marv in the same week is gonna make January a hard one.
Our already limited and inexperienced backroom staff is only now getting weaker.

Not many exciting coaches kicking around. Graham Murty really the only one I can think of but surely he'd get a bigger job elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Thoughts on Bartley as a prospective manager? Looks like he's following Imrie out the door. 

Probably a bit early for him but reckon he'll be a top manager in the future. Desperately will need patience, even if that means going down but will be 100% worth persisting with

4 hours ago, liviCANCUN said:

Iain Russell being lined up for a coaching role. Close to being agreed and looks to be an exciting one for the club. Announcement to follow shortly.

No, he's happy working as Brian Mwila's personal trainer.

On 20/12/2021 at 21:26, ayrunitedfw said:

Heard from a couple of different sources that Marvin Bartley is going to our man. No idea if people are just putting 2+2 together with the Mathie connection. 

He's been a good trainer and coach and is very good on matchday but I'm not sure he has enough experience on the other management aspects to suit a club like Ayr yet. If he has a mentor to lead him then its possible but, at the moment, I would suggest its far to early.

Then again as a player manager there might be some merit.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

He's been a good trainer and coach and is very good on matchday but I'm not sure he has enough experience on the other management aspects to suit a club like Ayr yet. If he has a mentor to lead him then its possible but, at the moment, I would suggest its far to early.

Just got flashbacks of Lambert and Miller there, cheers.

11 hours ago, Durnford said:

His main remit will be training, tactics and picking the team. He'll have his input on signings but we have our new managing director to oversee that. 

I'd be pretty happy if it was him although I believe we're still a wee bit off agreeing a deal with whoever the new guy is.