Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

Claim is probably a bit bold but his team being top of that league owes much to his performances, going by reports, 

It’s not bold at all. Looks like a man playing against children most weeks. Not one other player I’d swap him for and we will miss him a lot.

He has a lot to improve on especially his finishing, but the amount of times he takes us up the park single handedly is ridiculous. Occupies whole defences never mind individual players.

We will be able to adapt and go back to what we done second half of last season but with Nouble in the team we’ve genuinely looked like a Celtic or Rangers v other teams in a good few games this season. Piling on pressure and creating chance after chance because of how quickly we can get up the park with him.

Might not have the individual goal and assist stats on paper to back it up but he’s a big reason as to why were top scorers in the league. Top 5 who are miles ahead of the bottom 5 and we’ve scored 33, after us it’s 30, 27, 26 and 24. 

Jack Hamilton didn’t really do too much at all in comparison to Nouble. He’d be a pain in the arse and we got a lot of second balls off him high up the pitch but other than that he was just a penalty box striker more or less. Just seemed to pop up with goals which is of course a very good thing. Nouble been on a whole different level entirely though.

I don’t know how it’s going to go for him but I really hope he does well. I don’t see why he can’t go on to a really good level and even get a very good move from Livi. 

1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

Claim is probably a bit bold but his team being top of that league owes much to his performances, going by reports, 

Dunno, Everytime i read an Arbroath match thread, the opposition fans are saying Nouble is far too good to be playing in the Chanpionship, so isn't just Arbroath fans rating him very highly.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Sassy I See You GIF by Tennis TV

To be fair, they're meaning the Championship - and the comments below seem to affirm it. He's far too good for the Championship which is promising for us. 

Even Dykes wasn't blowing people away at that level, some QotS fans weren't convinced he'd do well at all with us. If we can get him working well with Anderson (who can finish most half chances) then we should kick on and be fine for the rest of the season in a comfortable fashion. Especially once we get Sibbald back regularly 

26 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair, they're meaning the Championship - and the comments below seem to affirm it. He's far too good for the Championship which is promising for us. 

Even Dykes wasn't blowing people away at that level, some QotS fans weren't convinced he'd do well at all with us. If we can get him working well with Anderson (who can finish most half chances) then we should kick on and be fine for the rest of the season in a comfortable fashion. Especially once we get Sibbald back regularly 

Dykes just seemed to fit that Livi team. Nouble is perfect for us because we’re nothing fancy and just get the ball forward quickly. Just depends on how he fits in with you as a team.

He’s also flying high on confidence with us cause he come in without and real expectations and has blown us away so he knows he can try anything he wants because we all love him.

Will be back under a bit of pressure when he goes back to you, will have to prove himself again. Livi lower down the league too so might not see as much as the ball and he will be up against better players and teams. 

Football and confidence and form etc matter so much so I really hope he gets off to a good start when he goes back 

59 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Dykes just seemed to fit that Livi team. Nouble is perfect for us because we’re nothing fancy and just get the ball forward quickly. Just depends on how he fits in with you as a team.

He’s also flying high on confidence with us cause he come in without and real expectations and has blown us away so he knows he can try anything he wants because we all love him.

Will be back under a bit of pressure when he goes back to you, will have to prove himself again. Livi lower down the league too so might not see as much as the ball and he will be up against better players and teams. 

Football and confidence and form etc matter so much so I really hope he gets off to a good start when he goes back 

That seems to be the exact thing we're going for, we just need him to bring the ball down/get us up the pitch and involve other players. That's coincidentally the job Dykes did for us. Seems like a lovely guy that always gets on the good side of fans which will buy him a lot of time

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You're no getting to keep him.🤣

On 01/01/2022 at 16:45, ATLIS said:

Part of me really wants the 352 back but that'd require us signing at least 1 CB. I'm not sure I fancy Parkes in a back 3 with Obileye and Fitzwater unless he can play the Lithgow 'keep it simple' role. We'd have Penrice for LWB, Devlin natural at RWB. We have a squad almost ready built for it, we just need a signing or two to amplify it 

Could be something in this then with Morgan Boyes signing, a left footed LCB/LB. Seems to have a good pedigree at only 20 with caps through the Welsh youth system too. Seems like one that could come in, do well and bag a better move (and hopefully some money for us)

Could be something in this then with Morgan Boyes signing, a left footed LCB/LB. Seems to have a good pedigree at only 20 with caps through the Welsh youth system too. Seems like one that could come in, do well and bag a better move (and hopefully some money for us)
The problem with shifting to a 352 is the fact that it completely eliminates Forrest and Bailey from the lineup. Arguably our 2 most creative players.

I'm hearing rumours that Forrest will be away at the end of the season yet we have offered him a deal. Fingers crossed he signs up.

33 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

The problem with shifting to a 352 is the fact that it completely eliminates Forrest and Bailey from the lineup. Arguably our 2 most creative players.

I'm hearing rumours that Forrest will be away at the end of the season yet we have offered him a deal. Fingers crossed he signs up.

Martindale seems to fancy Forrest as a striker, so could see him ending up there. Bailey could certainly play at CAM as well

Martindale seems to fancy Forrest as a striker, so could see him ending up there. Bailey could certainly play at CAM as well
Whilst I can also see Forrest move to Striker coz he's rapid. I cant see Bailey knocking Pitts, Holt, Omeonga out of the starting 11. That's your 3 starting cm's right there.
Don't think Bailey is gonna want to play wing back or off the bench.
I think its 433 for winnable/resultable games and 541 for celtic/rangers etc.

32 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

I think this is bang on. We've built a squad suited for 4-3-3, and Martindale spoke before the season about playing a more 'attractive' brand of football. It's worked (to an extent) when we've done it, so no reason to go back to a variation of 5-3-2.

I think we could play a back 3 but as has been said it eliminates our threat from our wingers cutting in - and I reckon Bailey would be swiftly recalled if we just start sticking him at wing back.

54 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Whilst I can also see Forrest move to Striker coz he's rapid. I cant see Bailey knocking Pitts, Holt, Omeonga out of the starting 11. That's your 3 starting cm's right there.
Don't think Bailey is gonna want to play wing back or off the bench.

I can 100% see Pitts sliding out the team and into a rotation spot. I would imagine Bailey would be competing with Shinnie/Sibbald for the CAM role. Omeonga/Holt tend to play in the deeper lying roles.

I've no idea if we're going 352, this could just be a move to empty Kelly which would be nice. Then again, Bailey is a loan player here for 6 more months. I don't see us having a chance of getting him permanently so the needs of the team have to come first

I think this is bang on. We've built a squad suited for 4-3-3, and Martindale spoke before the season about playing a more 'attractive' brand of football. It's worked (to an extent) when we've done it, so no reason to go back to a variation of 5-3-2.
I think we could play a back 3 but as has been said it eliminates our threat from our wingers cutting in - and I reckon Bailey would be swiftly recalled if we just start sticking him at wing back.
The issue with playing Bailey at wing back is that it would then also take either Devlin or Penrice out of the team then too who have arguably been incredibly solid all season so far.