Livingston - all the threads merged

18 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Built up some good momentum, good bit of form? Everyone acknowledging we're best with a 4-3-3?

Perfect time to try 3 at the back and Shinnie up front, again. 

I can only assume that McMillan wasn't fully fit. He should have been the only change from last week.

Longridge hasn't been very good this season but you could have put him in for Penrice and moved him into the midfield. Kelly doesn't have the quality to play in that position imo.

We would be top of the league if the goals were in the attacking corners of the pitch. Ridiculous how we can have 3/4 players in that position passing it nicely with about 1 player in the box. Desperately need a rethink of this approach if we want to start scoring goals. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Goalkeepers
1. Daniel Barden - 2022 (Loan)
32. Max Stryjek - 2024
36. Gary Maley - Forever
Ivan Konovalov - 2023 (1 year extension option)

Defenders
2. Nicky Devlin - 2023
3. Jackson Longridge - 2023
4. Tom Parkes - 2022
5. Jack Fitzwater - 2023
6. Ayo Obileye - 2023 (1 year extension option)
15. Morgan Boyes - 2023 (1 year extension option)
21. Jack McMillan - 2022
24. Sean Kelly - 2022
29. James Penrice - 2024

Midfielders
8. Scott Pittman - 2023
10. Craig Sibbald - 2022
16. Adam Lewis - 2022 (Loan)
18. Jason Holt - 2023
33. Stephane Omeonga - 2023
40. Marvin Bartley - 2022

Forwards
9. Bruce Anderson - 2024
11. Cristian Montano - 2023 (1 year extension option)
12. Sebastian Soto - 2022 (Loan)
14. Odin Bailey - 2022 (Loan)

17. Alan Forrest - 2022
19. Joel Nouble - 2023 (1 year extension option)
22. Andrew Shinnie - 2023
23. Caleb Chukwuemeka - 2022 (Loan)

In
Bruce Anderson - Aberdeen
Odin Bailey - Birmingham City (Loan)
Daniel Barden - Norwich City (Loan)
Morgan Boyes - Liverpool
Caleb Chukwuemeka - Aston Villa (Loan)
Harrison Clark - Chester-Le-Street United
Sean Kelly - Falkirk
Ivan Konovalov - Rubin Kazan
Adam Lewis - Liverpool (Loan)
Cristian Montano - Port Vale
Joel Nouble - Aldershot Town
Stephane Omeonga - Pescara
Ayo Obileye - Queen of the South
Harrison Panayiotou - Aldershot Town
Tom Parkes - Exeter City
James Penrice - Partick Thistle
Andrew Shinnie - Charlton Athletic
Sebastian Soto - Norwich City (Loan)
Ben Williamson - Rangers (Loan)

Loans Out
Harrison Clark - Kelty Hearts - Contract Expiry 2023
Jack Hamilton - Arbroath - Contract Expiry 2022
Keaghan Jacobs - Falkirk - Contract Expiry 2022
Jaze Kabia - Falkirk - Contract Expiry 2023
Josh Mullin - Hamilton - Contract Expiry 2023
Carlo Pignatiello - Dumbarton - Contract Expiry 2022 (?)
Matej Poplatnik - Raith Rovers - Contract Expiry 2022 (1 year extension option)
Gavin Reilly - Greenock Morton - Contract Expiry 2022
Brian Schwake - Edinburgh City - Contract Expiry 2023

Left Club
Efe Ambrose - St. Johnstone
Raffaele De Vita - LVPA Frascati
Djibril Diani - Grasshoppers (Loan return)
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Aberdeen
Jon Guthrie - Northampton Town
Salim Kouider-Aissa - Airdrieonians
Steve Lawson - Hamilton
Alan Lithgow - Greenock Morton
Robby McCrorie - Rangers (Loan return)
Harrison Panayiotou - Aldershot Town
Scott Robinson - Kilmarnock
Julien Serrano - Monaco (Loan return)
Ross Stewart - Hearts
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - Falkirk
Scott Tiffoney - Partick Thistle
Ben Williamson - Rangers (Loan return)

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I have said a few times but our squad is way too big. We should be looking to move on some of the fringe players and save up wages for a quality addition. 
I wouldn't say it was too big, the fact Marvin Bartley was part of a 6 man bench yesterday shows that. We've had to carry a slightly larger squad than we normally would due to the possibility of players isolating and we were in a bit of a mess with players missing early on

3 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I can only assume that McMillan wasn't fully fit. He should have been the only change from last week.

Longridge hasn't been very good this season but you could have put him in for Penrice and moved him into the midfield. Kelly doesn't have the quality to play in that position imo.

We would be top of the league if the goals were in the attacking corners of the pitch. Ridiculous how we can have 3/4 players in that position passing it nicely with about 1 player in the box. Desperately need a rethink of this approach if we want to start scoring goals. 

Yep, we were shit hot at making short passes in that area, then when we did put a ball into the 6 yard box there were 4 Motherwell players in a bunch waiting to clear it, and no Livi players. 

Not against Williamson going, not been good enough for this level at all. Longridge lately has been in a nosedive, he's being shown up by Penrice every week now. 

Wouldn't be against us terminating Lewis' loan as well to free up some wages. I feel like Martindale should be a little more active in this window than he's planning to be, although he's previously contradicted himself a bit. 

Kelly needs punted ASAP, can possibly see Keaghan going out on loan as well and we're planning on similar for Panayiotou as well. 

That could well be a good few out, even just to use those wages for loans to plug holes and get us through the season would be something

Not against Williamson going, not been good enough for this level at all. Longridge lately has been in a nosedive, he's being shown up by Penrice every week now. 

Wouldn't be against us terminating Lewis' loan as well to free up some wages. I feel like Martindale should be a little more active in this window than he's planning to be, although he's previously contradicted himself a bit. 

Kelly needs punted ASAP, can possibly see Keaghan going out on loan as well and we're planning on similar for Panayiotou as well. 

That could well be a good few out, even just to use those wages for loans to plug holes and get us through the season would be something
Williamson hasn't looked a good fit at all. Longridge started the season pretty well but I'm not sure he's fully fit after his injury. I wouldn't be overly fussed seeing Adam Lewis return to Liverpool as he hasn't looked any better than we already have. I'd like to see more of Panayiotou especially with Nouble and them having been teammates previously

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'd like to see more of Panayiotou especially with Nouble and them having been teammates previously

Thought he looked decent when he came on yesterday. Like all of the fringe players, he really needs a run of games (whether first team, under 19s or something else) to see how good he actually is.

Re Lawless, Bailey is a similar player so probably wouldn't have been the best use of our money despite how much I rate him. Josh Mullin would give something different in that position.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

37 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Announced at noon on New Years Day, that's been planned for a while. Has he played since the sending off against United?

Nope. Hasn't even been in the squad other than warming the bench at home to Hearts.