Livingston - all the threads merged

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Didn't Todorov fill in at CB for us against Hibs and had a shitemare :D 

12 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Also Todorov ? 

Think Todorov played ST, CB, and RB at some point; remember him doing an interview saying he doesn't care where he's told to play he'll go out and do his best. One of those players you just loved to have at the club, even when he was just on loan.

9 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Think Todorov played ST, CB, and RB at some point; remember him doing an interview saying he doesn't care where he's told to play he'll go out and do his best. One of those players you just loved to have at the club, even when he was just on loan.

All in the one game, think it was Morton away.

Toddy did ok filling in as a CB the odd game when we were struggling with injuries and suspensions, Gallagher was suspended and he filled in for him, but then Gallagher was back available to play and Hopkin/Martindale had the bright idea to keep Toddy playing as a CB and have Gallagher on the bench, Pars away, and we were 3-0 down in the first half before sanity prevailed and he got Dec back on the pitch.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I saw someone talking about that being why he could take penalties on Facebook :D Callum Carson swiftly informed them that he changed positions at about age 11.

Aye, that was me....I meant he had a natural eye for goal as he was a striker in his youth....but as per usual with Carson he had to stick the boot in a bit 🤣

2 hours ago, TAFKAC said:

Suggesting Kriston could play any of those positions - or indeed any position - is a stretch. Horvath and Vincze were not bad.

Was Kriston a hard working but shite forward? Vincze was a holding mid who tackled well, had an ok touch and pass, and had that banter long throw too. I remember nothing about Horvath, not even what he looked like.

Edit: Googled it and Horvath was a striker who got a couple of goals although I missed all 8 of his appearances. Kriston was a midfielder.

Edited by FreedomFarter

2 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Was Kriston a hard working but shite forward? Vincze was a holding mid who tackled well, had an ok touch and pass, and had that banter long throw too. I remember nothing about Horvath, not even what he looked like.

Sounds like you have Horvath and Kristin mixed up. Horvath out himself about and scored 2 in 8 appearances or so, he also represented Hungary over 30 times. I remember turning up to the game and seeing Kriston warming up and thought..."must be a defender"...6'5", bulky, Bobby Charlton hair style, looked a bit slow and cumbersome....turns out he was a winger...or so he thought. Also represented Hungary once around the time he was with us. Vincze was the success of the 3....long hair, great eye for a pass, hell of a long throw and not afraid to get stuck in with tackles. Represented Hungary once as well. I believe his only goal came v Rangers at Ibrox

Aye, Vincze left an impression. I remember I spotted him out shopping once too. That's interesting about Horvath, I'd no idea he had that pedigree to him, was probably a decent enough signing then.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Sounds like you have Horvath and Kristin mixed up. Horvath out himself about and scored 2 in 8 appearances or so, he also represented Hungary over 30 times. I remember turning up to the game and seeing Kriston warming up and thought..."must be a defender"...6'5", bulky, Bobby Charlton hair style, looked a bit slow and cumbersome....turns out he was a winger...or so he thought. Also represented Hungary once around the time he was with us. Vincze was the success of the 3....long hair, great eye for a pass, hell of a long throw and not afraid to get stuck in with tackles. Represented Hungary once as well. I believe his only goal came v Rangers at Ibrox

As I recall Vincze was great up until his contract was renewed and then fell right off. Seemed scared to make a challenge or indeed anything that would have ruffled his hair.

6 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

It's probably more to do with the fact there's no evidence he can still contribute at Premiership level, yet every time we have striking issues the forum is flooded with suggestions of a "pay as you play" or "Martindale might get it to work" shouts. Griffiths was on trial at Livi to keep fit for months, and Martindale still preferred to sign Guthrie from the Indian second tier. 

We (Falkirk) signed him last season in league 1 and his condition was nothing short of a disgrace. He was really overweight and was not interested.

There is also the unnecessary attention from the media his off field behaviour brings.

I would suggest you avoid him at all costs - he’s done.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We (Falkirk) signed him last season in league 1 and his condition was nothing short of a disgrace. He was really overweight and was not interested.

There is also the unnecessary attention from the media his off field behaviour brings.

I would suggest you avoid him at all costs - he’s done.

Wonder if Falkirk would consider taking Goncalves on loan.Probably wouldn't cost much,and if it would help I'd happily pay for the taxi to get him there.👍🤣.

23 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Wonder if Falkirk would consider taking Goncalves on loan.Probably wouldn't cost much,and if it would help I'd happily pay for the taxi to get him there.👍🤣.

Quite a lot of us would chip in on that,maybe even go as far as pay part of his wages  🥳

Aye, it’s a good and well earned move for Bartley. The choice for his replacement is a big one, given the work he does with the defence

I doubt any players will be heading down to QOTS with him, and I’m not sure if Cancar would benefit from playing League One football given he’s been on our bench the past month 

Edited by The Wrong Car