Livingston - all the threads merged

50 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I thought I read that Parkes would miss the season...I may have made that up though

Pretty sure I'd seen that somewhere as well. That being said if he's not able to start training until February then it will be several months until he's match fit, I imagine.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Interestingly it sounds like Goncalves; Bahamboula and Kabia all had a strong game for the reserve lions  and Hamilton saved a penalty.

Something i never thought i'd see being written about Goncalves.

10' - GOAL - the Lions are ahead! Some great footwork from Gonçalves to get beyond his man and to the byline before excellently picking out Bahamboula in the box and he slams home from close range.

Handy having this game to get Holt & Pittman some game time after being suspended our last 2 games.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Bit of a shame, he always looked likely to turn into a cracking player; even the general consensus of Morton fans seems to be that he'll be decent in a couple years he's just not quite there yet. Makes sense to get him out permanently though instead of him always being out on loan.

As much it's a shame to see him go, as I think there's an exciting player in there, he's the same age as Stephen Kelly and two years older that Stephen Bradley, both of whom seem better placed to contribute at Premiership level. I doubt we're in a position to keep him "just in case", especially after he didn't exactly impress at Championship level and there's few Reserve fixtures. 

Interesting article:

Particularly when he gets to the three exits who I read as inclusive of Kabia and Konovalov.

Jamie Brandon is on a three year deal but is carrying a long term injury. He is undoubtedly a talented player and a right back so presumably good cover for Devlin.

Maybe one of the three could be Josh Mullin or maybe Jack Hamilton (forward)

TBH most of our squad have at least made regular appearances off the bench; one exception being Phillip Cancar but he's had his share of injuries and is only 21.

I dont like predicting who's "for-the-door" but conversely you could argue that some are at the stage of their career where they need to be playing regularly in order to develop. Maybe that means a loan deal but I don't think we'd be that keen in loaning out players if they werent likely to get a regular start; particularly if we were paying the lions share (all?) of their wages?

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Interesting article:

Particularly when he gets to the three exits who I read as inclusive of Kabia and Konovalov.

Jamie Brandon is on a three year deal but is carrying a long term injury. He is undoubtedly a talented player and a right back so presumably good cover for Devlin.

Maybe one of the three could be Josh Mullin or maybe Jack Hamilton (forward)

TBH most of our squad have at least made regular appearances off the bench; one exception being Phillip Cancar but he's had his share of injuries and is only 21.

I dont like predicting who's "for-the-door" but conversely you could argue that some are at the stage of their career where they need to be playing regularly in order to develop. Maybe that means a loan deal but I don't think we'd be that keen in loaning out players if they werent likely to get a regular start; particularly if we were paying the lions share (all?) of their wages?

Mullin's def away at the end of the season, prob get a permanent deal at Ayr, he's doing well on loan there. 

Not been convinced Guthrie is good enough for us, isn't scoring goals and looked powder puff as a target man, i'd be giving Hammy a game over him but unless Hammy gets a run of games to see if he can cut it or not i don't see the point of keeping putting him out on loan and having him as a Livi player. Be as well letting him go too.

Bitsindou is another who could be let go, big unit of a midfielder but has been put out on loan to Arbroath, not heard anything much about how he's doing there, kinda a forgotten man. 

Martindale seems to like Guthrie as an option, and he seems much more mobile and faster than Hamilton so I’d keep him as a backup to Anderson. With the chat about Parkes being a bench option in a few months, Cancar is probably the one he’s referring to when he says leaving to get experience. As much as I think Longridge is a weak link, I’d keep him as Montano has a fairly poor injury record this year  

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Mullin's def away at the end of the season, prob get a permanent deal at Ayr, he's doing well on loan there. 

Not been convinced Guthrie is good enough for us, isn't scoring goals and looked powder puff as a target man, i'd be giving Hammy a game over him but unless Hammy gets a run of games to see if he can cut it or not i don't see the point of keeping putting him out on loan and having him as a Livi player. Be as well letting him go too.

Bitsindou is another who could be let go, big unit of a midfielder but has been put out on loan to Arbroath, not heard anything much about how he's doing there, kinda a forgotten man. 

I can't see Bitsindou making much of an impact at Livingston unfortunately. I think his best performances for us have come when he's had to fill in at centre half, but even then you'd only want him playing a game or two there. I don't think he has gotten up to the speed of the Scottish game - he seems to just get in the way of things in midfield. His slow adjustment has not been helped by the fact he is very injury prone, whether it be in training during the week or during the game itself.  Would not be disappointed to see him go back to Livi this month in all honesty. 

18 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Martindale seems to like Guthrie as an option, and he seems much more mobile and faster than Hamilton so I’d keep him as a backup to Anderson. With the chat about Parkes being a bench option in a few months, Cancar is probably the one he’s referring to when he says leaving to get experience. As much as I think Longridge is a weak link, I’d keep him as Montano has a fairly poor injury record this year  

Yeah dunno why, falls down to the deck whenever a defender puts pressure on him and hasn't anything in the way of a goal scoring threat. Best thing he's done was the back heel that was saved, other than that he's been pretty much useless. Isn't a strong front player like Nouble, or a goal scorer like Anderson, so i don't know what he offers us.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah dunno why, falls down to the deck whenever a defender puts pressure on him and hasn't anything in the way of a goal scoring threat. Best thing he's done was the back heel that was saved, other than that he's been pretty much useless. Isn't a strong front player like Nouble, or a goal scorer like Anderson, so i don't know what he offers us.

Well.

At least we know whos scoring your winner on Saturday then.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well.

At least we know whos scoring your winner on Saturday then.

Goncalves scoring, or doing anything even good would be the funniest thing I've seen for a while. He's been booed coming off the bench, that's how much he's disliked by Livi fans atm. Coming on at 1-1 in the Motherwell game to boos from your own home stand. 

43 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Guthrie has looked like a good backup striker for us, he offers a hell of a lot more than Hamilton ever has. He's a lot faster and better at holding the ball up. I'm actually really surprised anyone has anything bad to say about him as he's looked decent for us IMO

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Goncalves scoring, or doing anything even good would be the funniest thing I've seen for a while. He's been booed coming off the bench, that's how much he's disliked by Livi fans atm. Coming on at 1-1 in the Motherwell game to boos from your own home stand. 

Guthrie has looked like a good backup striker for us, he offers a hell of a lot more than Hamilton ever has. He's a lot faster and better at holding the ball up. I'm actually really surprised anyone has anything bad to say about him as he's looked decent for us IMO

Just don't see it, back up striker that doesn't score goals isn't much of a back up.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Sounds like what we had with Ciftci last season.

Kept expecting him to do something amazing to shut everyone because football but nah, he was just shite the whole time.

Was honestly kind of jealous you signed Isma as he was great at Hearts, strange how its turned out.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just don't see it, back up striker that doesn't score goals isn't much of a back up.

Has that not been the trademark for Livi over the last few years though? Goals throughout the team so we're not too reliant on strikers scoring. He offers a lot more than goals, not to the same effect as Nouble but he definitely offers us a lot

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like what we had with Ciftci last season.

Kept expecting him to do something amazing to shut everyone because football but nah, he was just shite the whole time.

Was honestly kind of jealous you signed Isma as he was great at Hearts, strange how its turned out.

The weird part is he was somewhat close to maybe breaking the ice a bit, winning a penalty against Hibs at 4-0(?) down. He promptly grabs the ball, knowing we've missed our last 4 penalties in a row and then misses :D

Apparently he was the star of the show in our reserve game against Dundee Utd yesterday so who knows. We all kind of thought he'd be a 'project' signing, close to what we did with JET. Martindale talked about his body fat %s being really bad when he first came. You could see it in the league cup games (where he got sent off for an off the ball kick too :D), he was fat and unfit. We thought by Christmas he'd have dropped the weight, look fitter and ready to compete for a starting spot but he still looks a bit plump and slow. 

He refuses to chase down defenders or do any pressing at all, but when he gets the ball just seems a bit greedy. Maybe overdoing it trying to win fans over and do something right but he's a player that doesn't look like he wants to work hard, in a team well known for hard work being the first condition on getting in the door