Livingston - all the threads merged

53 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

What type of player is Jaze? Do a job in league one gaining experience?

Started out well with us, an Alan Forrest type player, attacking winger taking defenders on and having shots at goal. Rumoured to have had a falling out with Martindale and stuck out on loan several times. Had high hopes for him at Livi but don't know what's happening with him now.

14 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

That was at our place, snow hammering down and a 2-2 draw (?), great debut for him

Yeah he had a slap from Rooney against St Johnstone too, and Marv came to his rescue to shove Rooney away, seemed to wind opposition players up with his persistent pressing them.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

What type of player is Jaze? Do a job in league one gaining experience?

He'll be away in the summer apparently. Every chance he leaves us permanently in this window too, he wont be a Livi player much longer either way. Mainly down to attitude issues and falling out with Martindale 

Edited by ATLIS

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

He'll be away in the summer apparently. Every chance he leaves us permanently in this window too, he wont be a Livi player much longer either way. Mainly down to attitude issues and falling out with Martindale 

OK no thanks... 

Martindale talking about getting an assistant in that will have a 'long term relationship' with the club. Sounds a wee bit like he's looking out to pick his successor maybe with an eye to stepping aside down the line once his assistant has learned under him. One of those ones that maybe came a couple of years too early for Bartley but a similar idea possibly

Interestingly I took it to mean that Martindale wanted some continuity with his staff, rather than having a specific exit plan. I don't see Martindale going back to solely the transfer side of the game, now he's used to signing and working with player on the training pitch

Given he also mentions that he'll use QOTS as a club similar to Arbroath and Morton, I suspect they might get some loans in January 

I'm pretty sure Hastings will be the next assistant. It fits with Davie's love on continuity and someone who knows the club. As for Hasting's replacement in the coaching role it'll likely be someone like Imrie or Bartley in that they're not long retired and have a bit of coaching experience.

7 minutes ago, The Wrong Car said:

Given he also mentions that he'll use QOTS as a club similar to Arbroath and Morton, I suspect they might get some loans in January 

Can see Cancar going to QoS. If Jack Hamilton finds his way back from Hartlepool this month then he might go too. It sounds like Kabia won't be a Livi player much longer but I see he's playing for the reserves today. Perhaps he'll find his way to Queens to see fi there's anything salvageable

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I can only see Cancar going out if Fitzwater stays IMO. It'd help if Parkes is further along than we thought but it'd maybe leave us a little short

Keep in mind De Lucas will be joining us (all going well with his clearance)

Agreed, if Fitzwater stays and De Lucas is confirmed we'll have Boyes, Obileye, Fitzwater and De Lucas plus the likes of Longridge and Kelly as emergency cover, meaning Cancar would benefit from game time at some level. If Jack does go, we're back to being fairly short on options. 

1 minute ago, The Wrong Car said:

Agreed, if Fitzwater stays and De Lucas is confirmed we'll have Boyes, Obileye, Fitzwater and De Lucas plus the likes of Longridge and Kelly as emergency cover, meaning Cancar would benefit from game time at some level. If Jack does go, we're back to being fairly short on options. 

I think even if Fitzwater goes, leaving us with De Lucas, Ayo, Boyes, Longridge and Kelly, it leaves us in the same position we're in now

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I think even if Fitzwater goes, leaving us with De Lucas, Ayo, Boyes, Longridge and Kelly, it leaves us in the same position we're in now

Longridge isn't really CB cover though. We also found out quite quickly Kelly isn't either

De Lucas/Ayo/Boyes/Cancar are decent options, there's one backup for each CB. If Fitzwater stays then fair enough it's probably too much, same for if Parkes is back February-ish

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

Given only 3 of those are actually CBs, I'd say that leaves us short one. 

To be honest, Martindale will no doubt say he's happy with that before signing some random Thai-based player who played for Scunthorpe 4 years ago 

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Longridge isn't really CB cover though. We also found out quite quickly Kelly isn't either

De Lucas/Ayo/Boyes/Cancar are decent options, there's one backup for each CB. If Fitzwater stays then fair enough it's probably too much, same for if Parkes is back February-ish

I thought I read that Parkes would miss the season...I may have made that up though

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

I thought I read that Parkes would miss the season...I may have made that up though

I think there was chat that he was ahead of schedule, but then there was more conversation of him being some way away. Martindale will know where he's at though, but I was just speculating what we could do if he was available a bit earlier than thought

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

Interestingly I took it to mean that Martindale wanted some continuity with his staff, rather than having a specific exit plan.

That was how I read it too. Made me think to expect someone with experience who's happy being assistant at Livi for the long run rather than wanting to use it as a stepping stone into management/a bigger club.

Hastings would make most sense in terms of what we've come to expect from appointments, but I don't think it fits with the "long term" chat and Martindale not wanting to keep losing coaches, Hastings is only 31 (?) so every chance we're still doing well and someone offers him another manager role. Unless he's specifically said he wants to be here for the long haul (probably been involved with Livi for 90% of his life), possibly with the 'promise' that once Martindale steps aside, it's his job to take.