Livingston - all the threads merged

10 hours ago, Durnford said:

At home or at Cove (or is it Berwick)?

The interview wasn't clear but we've had bounce games before at the Rangers training centre. Would imagine it being quite difficult to play the game at Almondvale with the fans on the hill.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

What a mad 24 hours. Everything’s coming up Livi at this point. Incredible 

image.thumb.png.a708683dc31a31ae33a48aa2395db3c5.png

Pete O'Rourke was one of the first to report our interest in Shamal George so he's fairly reliable.

41 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

The interview wasn't clear but we've had bounce games before at the Rangers training centre. Would imagine it being quite difficult to play the game at Almondvale with the fans on the hill.

Anyone got a drone?

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve no idea what you’re getting for Anderson but we’re holding out for a fee in the region of £200K. He’s also looking to move back to England so I doubt the move would interest him. 

I believe the fee agreed was around £500k...can't blame the club for accepting that in all honesty when he's out of contract next year. 

Edited by Cptn Hooch

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He was the one that joined in the COVID year we made the league cup final. Coincidentally I think he was the first EU player to come to the UK following Brexit - the issues that came with that meant he wasn't eligible to play until something like March/April which was a shame as we had an option to buy on him too. He was meant to play LWB in the final, but obviously couldn't play which was partly why Bartley played there I'm sure.

Diani was more of a holding midfielder and fairly forgettable. I believe the plan was to play Serrano at LWB in the final but he was injured and that's when we re-signed Jackson Longridge but he wasn't fit/registered in time. I still stand by the opinion that Marv did the job well that day. Shaun Rooney was their main threat and he kept him quiet. The only time he caused us an issue was at the corner when someone else was supposed to be marking him (Lawson maybe)

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Diani was more of a holding midfielder and fairly forgettable. I believe the plan was to play Serrano at LWB in the final but he was injured and that's when we re-signed Jackson Longridge but he wasn't fit/registered in time. I still stand by the opinion that Marv did the job well that day. Shaun Rooney was their main threat and he kept him quiet. The only time he caused us an issue was at the corner when someone else was supposed to be marking him (Lawson maybe)

Yeah it wasn't that Marv didn't do a good job marking Rooney, it was by playing him there, Forrest sat on the bench, and it was to the detriment of our attack playing him there. Martindale often overthinks things like that, and instead of looking at our own strengths, he focusses too much on our opposition's, and sets us up to try and nullify their threat, and in doing so weakens our own. Did the same in the St Mirren and Motherwell away games last season, playing Guthrie up front with Nouble, and leaving Anderson on the bench.

7 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Jon Guthrie.

5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Jon Guthrie.

Yeah, I've just rewatched it (why do I do it to myself?) Lawson comes off the front post and had he stayed there he clears the shot. I remembered his name being mentioned on commentary 

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

They're letting him go for free, only a sell on %. They might hang up once we mention Guthrie :D 

Dunno, Guthrie still seems to have a reasonable reputation down South, prob cause they don't pay attention to the Scottish game, and have no idea how shite he's been for us. I think we could get away with throwing in Guthrie and they'd think they were onto a bargain.

Cheltenham Town, Morecambe and Cambridge United eyeing Scottish Premiership striker - The72

Guthrie is an experienced player and has played 369 games so far in his career, finding the net 82 times. He has previously played for the likes of Accrington Stanley, Welling United, Forest Green Rovers, Colchester United, Stevenage, Bradford City and Port Vale, as well as having a spell in RoundGlass Punjab for a couple of years.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Today's friendly with Rangers finished 0-0, hopefully get an idea of who played a little later. All I can see is that the Rangers team was a mix of first team and 'B team'.

The only thing either Twitter post gives away is that Tavernier and Penrice played.

Edited by LiviLion

Absolutely zero chance we'll sign Pressley. Even ignoring the fact that he apparently wants to stay in England; any one of Wycombe, Cambridge, Cheltenham Stockport County, St Mirren and Dundee United could offer more than us. Actually as United have now cleared out soe of their biggest earners; they could probably be able to offer him four times what we could.

10 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Absolutely zero chance we'll sign Pressley. Even ignoring the fact that he apparently wants to stay in England; any one of Wycombe, Cambridge, Cheltenham Stockport County, St Mirren and Dundee United could offer more than us. Actually as United have now cleared out soe of their biggest earners; they could probably be able to offer him four times what we could.

They couldn't offer him Premiership football though, but St Mirren can, and they'd have higher wages than us too.

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Today's friendly with Rangers finished 0-0, hopefully get an idea of who played a little later. All I can see is that the Rangers team was a mix of first team and 'B team'.

The only thing either Twitter post gives away is that Tavernier and Penrice played.

Looks like it's a state secret, nae c**t telling us anything about it. Maybe they're pretending it didn't happen, they've form for that.

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

They couldn't offer him Premiership football though, but St Mirren can, and they'd have higher wages than us too.

Aye but St Mirren have signed two strikers in about 3 days