Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Colour me surprised, 1-0 Livi, Brucie scoring. 4 clean sheets in our friendlies. Back three seems to be working well.

The back 3 was immense with Gallagher, Halkett and Lithgow so if we could get back to something like that it'd great. It also allows us to get more support to the striker which is something we seriously lacked last season. With our well known budget constraints Martindale seems to be going back to making us hard to beat which will be a welcome sight to all the opposition fans...Livi back to being b*****ds.....YAS

5 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The back 3 was immense with Gallagher, Halkett and Lithgow so if we could get back to something like that it'd great. It also allows us to get more support to the striker which is something we seriously lacked last season. With our well known budget constraints Martindale seems to be going back to making us hard to beat which will be a welcome sight to all the opposition fans...Livi back to being b*****ds.....YAS

Always thought a large part of the effectiveness of Gallagher, Halkett and Lithgow was down o the strength of our midfield (not ignoring their impressive scoring record either of course).

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Colour me surprised, 1-0 Livi, Brucie scoring. 4 clean sheets in our friendlies. Back three seems to be working well.

24 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I think regaining defensive solidity is what its all about for Martindale just now. I remember at the time of the world cup break last season the team had conceded the least goals in the league outside Ran/Cel and one other, I think it was St Mirren. Yet after the new year the arse fell out the defence and that was why results turned so bad. 

3 centre backs really suits Boyes and Obileye. Boyes' skill set is sort of a mix of full back and centre back so wide centre back is ideal. Obileye being middle of a three allows him to just stay as a central rock. Not having to cover wide areas where he's been beaten in the past by opponents dribbling at him. 

Brandon, Montaño and Penrice are all naturally attacking full backs so the extra centre back gives them more scope to play that way.

The attacking mids will drift wide when in possession but come in narrow out of possession to defend. The two holding mids behind them will keep the middle of the pitch blocked solid and force opponents to attack down the flanks instead. Hopefully that'll mean just a loads of speculative crosses coming in which Ayo will clear all day.

Good workout last nite in absolutely appalling conditions......

Bruce with a header early 2nd half was enough to win the game,we looked solid throughout and when QP did get in behind us particularly towards the end of the game there was always someone there to snuff out the threat.

Not to sure the trialist (no.40) up front is gonna cut it,time will tell.

56 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Good workout last nite in absolutely appalling conditions......

Bruce with a header early 2nd half was enough to win the game,we looked solid throughout and when QP did get in behind us particularly towards the end of the game there was always someone there to snuff out the threat.

Not to sure the trialist (no.40) up front is gonna cut it,time will tell.

The from the brief glimpse I've seen the trialist looks like the same guy we had as no 19 trialist playing against Alloa?

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

image.thumb.png.6fb310ad15b219bae34f2a14b2dcc53a.png

Hasn't appeared as a trialist on any of the friendlies as far as I am aware which is strange; although I don't know the line-up for the rangers bounce match.

Will wait and see if the club announce something/anything.

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Hasn't appeared as a trialist on any of the friendlies as far as I am aware which is strange; although I don't know the line-up for the rangers bounce match.

Will wait and see if the club announce something/anything.

Yeah nothing official yet, just an ITK source.

image.thumb.png.1e604ae7b57cd20ca0731d07fa407db1.png

43 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah nothing official yet, just an ITK source.

image.thumb.png.1e604ae7b57cd20ca0731d07fa407db1.png

Not come across ITK before so googled:

An football transfer news account on Twitter that pretends that they have insiders at a football club and usually tweet bullshit that their gullible followers will believe. They base their tweets from what other reports are saying and copy and paste it, or they make guesses and once every blue moon they get a deal right which somehow lures in followers.
Football mole (Twitter ITK ACCOUNT) : "Arsenal will sign Mahrez for 35m welcome to Arsenal!"

Actual reliable reports: Leicester want 50m for Mahrez, Arsenal reluctant to pay
*Ends up not happening*
Mole: Oh well the deal broke down I still have insiders and definitely not a bullshitter

His name was mentioned quite a while back and I think he was in the stands for our home friendlies which I found a bit weird unless he had a knock and Martindale already knew he wanted to sign him.

Sounds like that Twitter account tends to be correct about things but will wait and see. Hopefully he can come in and do a job and not another one who joins, goes on loan, then leaves a year later.