Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

At the end of the day it could be pink with royal blue pinstripes and we'd still sell out in L; XL and XXL before Christmas. Not that I'm suggesting that as an alternative.

As long as it wasn't white, the breakdown that would have caused just isn't worth it. 🤣

Quite like it, if it had been the reverse of the away kit in Amber & Black though, it would have been magnificent. 

Looks better in a close up shot here image.png.19f2beb2771cf19c76be85d9dedbb713.png

Than in a full length shot in this one. image.png.a2f9833e794456e510578851fbc44e24.png

Maybe look better with the shirt tucked into their shorts.

30 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Bit of an odd one. We have Boyes, Obileye, Parkes, Devlin, De Lucas & Kelly who can already play CB, we don't need another. Who's on the way out?

I believe Tom Parkes is the highest wage at the club and with all the talk of budget cuts it would make sense that he could be earmarked to leave

29 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Bit of an odd one. We have Boyes, Obileye, Parkes, Devlin, De Lucas & Kelly who can already play CB, we don't need another. Who's on the way out?

Cant see it; he's just been released by AS after they got relegated and,as you say, CB is not a position we need to address (even in the reserves/B team)

5 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I believe Tom Parkes is the highest wage at the club and with all the talk of budget cuts it would make sense that he could be earmarked to leave

I assume he's contracted until at least the end of the season so there'd be no saving unless he was able to find another club that matched his requirements

4 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Cant see it; he's just been released by AS after they got relegated and,as you say, CB is not a position we need to address (even in the reserves/B team)

Apart from Devlin none are stand outs though, Obileye is solid with plenty experience playing for us in the top flight, but has the odd shaky moment, de Lucas is hot and cold, Parkes has hardly played with all his injury problems, and Boyes is another that has shaky moments, and hasn't pushed on in his development. Really wouldn't want Sean Kelly playing in defence if we can help it, much better as a DM. A back 3 could help Ayo and Boyes be more solid right enough, but i still wouldn't say we're sorted in defence, that we couldn't do with bringing in someone, if he's better than what we've got anyway.

Still needing a striker though, but may have to wait till we shift Guthrie and/or Goncalves. We're in a precarious position up front with Nouble trying to leave, and a few team already showing interest in Bruce, both could be away before the season is over, Nouble at any time, and Bruce in the Jan window.

I would be over the moon if we got money for Ayo. He’s just not that good. 

Apparently one of Parkes or Boyes has been told to find a new club. With Parkes’ wage I’d imagine it’s been him 

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Still needing a striker though, but may have to wait till we shift Guthrie and/or Goncalves. We're in a precarious position up front with Nouble trying to leave, and a few team already showing interest in Bruce, both could be away before the season is over, Nouble at any time, and Bruce in the Jan window.

IMO the price has been set for Bruce. If clubs aren’t matching that 500-600k bid then he won’t go. If he goes for that price then we have a big whack of cash to find a replacement 

Just now, ATLIS said:

I would be over the moon if we got money for Ayo. He’s just not that good. 

Apparently one of Parkes or Boyes has been told to find a new club. With Parkes’ wage I’d imagine it’s been him 

Yeah we know Ayo's strengths and weaknesses, if he keeps it simple he's solid enough, Boyes could really benefit from playing alongside Devlin though, hopefully he kicks on this season.

I always felt Davie spoke really highly of Parkes that I could have seen him retiring and taking on some form of coaching role at the club despite not playing all that often. Makes sense with the wage that it would be him. 

Also one good year for Boyes and you have a marketable player not the same for Parkes

1 hour ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Martindale did say recently that he wouldn't be here next season

Was that in one of the youtube video interviews or in a print article? I missed it.

Edit: In case anyone reads the quote above and panics, the "he" refers to Obileye not Martindale himself!

Edited by FreedomFarter

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

IMO the price has been set for Bruce. If clubs aren’t matching that 500-600k bid then he won’t go. If he goes for that price then we have a big whack of cash to find a replacement 

Don't know if we'd spend money in a replacement, we're about 800K in debt aren't we? Any money from players being sold will prob go towards reducing that.

Glad he knocked back the last offer though, but if he's having a good season and scoring goals, some of the bigger Scottish clubs may splash out on that asking price in January. 

7 minutes ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

I always felt Davie spoke really highly of Parkes that I could have seen him retiring and taking on some form of coaching role at the club despite not playing all that often. Makes sense with the wage that it would be him. 

Also one good year for Boyes and you have a marketable player not the same for Parkes

Yep, as i already said, i think Boyes will benefit from having Devlin playing beside him, Devlin is very vocal and organises the defence, he never had anyone like that last season, it can only help him.