Livingston - all the threads merged

7 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Would make sense but his contract expires next summer not this year. Would think after him getting player of the year last season that he would play as much / more this season so we can sell him for a fee this summer but it's very unlikely we will get much if anything for him now. 

Ah, ok, thanks for the correction. That's great then. I was worried he'd be away for free at the end of this season.

I get the impression Stephen Kelly isn't the type of player a team needs in a relegation fight. The signing of Carson and his performance alongside Holt yesterday makes more sense for our need to battle. Kelly is a fantastic player on his day but too often he seems to drift through games and lack the steel we need.

John Ward has been removed as a Director of Opcco6 Ltd and replaced by Neil Hogarth and Carolyn Sumner. Smells fishy.

I wonder if the supporters trust will come out of the woodwork now, if they sense something to be negative about?

Hard to say what this means - it could be needed organised before any court cases

Ironic that David Stoker highlighted this, given there's still questions what he was doing while the Trust Rep on the board. It seems like there was no financial oversight whatsoever, which is a bad look for the Trust. Sitting on a board with a messing banking situation, witnessing loans going in and out of the club and not raising any concern is a major issue that the Trust needs to front up to.  

The recent Club Statement mentioned Rankine's issues going as far back as 2013, with Stoker resigning in September 2013. 

thumbnail_IMG_9158.png

42 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The signing of Carson and his performance alongside Holt yesterday makes more sense for our need to battle

I was impressed last night. A suitable partner to Holt has been needed all season and Carson looks the part so far.

50 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

I was impressed last night. A suitable partner to Holt has been needed all season and Carson looks the part so far.

Agreed.Unfortunatly its come too late for us.Going down will eventually bring relief for us long suffering fans when the inevitable is confirmed.🤷‍♂️.

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

I agree, I thought he thought he looked really good. Tidy use of the ball under pressure.

Nottingham had some nice touches attacking wide on the right, too! Couldn’t believe it!

Edited by crispy

1 hour ago, crispy said:

I agree, I thought he thought he looked really good. Tidy use of the ball under pressure.

Nottingham had some nice touches attacking wide on the right, too! Couldn’t believe it!

Nottingham looked far more comfortable in the wider role and got forward well too. His height and strength replicated what Martindale tried with Bartley in the cup final. I'd imagine once Penrice is fit we'll see Brandon move back to the RB role and Donnellan continue in the CB role. Nottingham is a great option as backup to both these positions but we currently have better players

33 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Nottingham is a great option as backup to both these positions but we currently have better players

Great is a stretch but he was much better last night than in the dreadful games he played at centre back.

4 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

John Ward has been removed as a Director of Opcco6 Ltd and replaced by Neil Hogarth and Carolyn Sumner. Smells fishy.

I wonder if the supporters trust will come out of the woodwork now, if they sense something to be negative about?

The last thorns in our side, sooner those 2 GTF the better. They're clogs in the Amber Machine, stopping us from moving forward.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

It's time guys, big Marvin's the perfect answer waiting to remove all your woes - just phone Dumfries (01387) 254853 for a fabulous February deal (it's also BOGOF week - we'll chuck in Grant Murray for free) ... bring him home ... you know it makes sense ...

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The last thorns in our side, sooner those 2 GTF the better. They're clogs in the Amber Machine, stopping us from moving forward.

Is anybody able to categorically say who has the controlling interest In Livingston FC ? There have been truths, opinions and loads of supposition on this matter and I would say the majority of fans are completely in the dark.

2 hours ago, Monkey socks said:

Is anybody able to categorically say who has the controlling interest In Livingston FC ? There have been truths, opinions and loads of supposition on this matter and I would say the majority of fans are completely in the dark.

Was supposedly McIlvogue, but with Hogarth and Sumner getting a Court order to block new shares being sold i don't think that can be the case. 

18 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why isn't Stephen Kelly starting games for you guys? Saw he didn't even get off the bench earlier. The lad was a baller for us and even last season when I watched Sportscene he seemed to be getting a few goals. From an outsider it seems bizarre to bench a creative player like him when you're struggling for goals/points

Been off form this season but also doesn't work hard enough in the middle of the park. The few chances he's had off the bench he's not done much to show he's due a start. He's a good player but he's needing to take that next step in his development to show he can play at this level as a regular starter.

Apparently he was due to leave in January but played his way back into Martindale's plans when we were over in Turkey for the warm weather training camp.

The set up and structure of the team in the first half last night was the best all season,but they continue to waste chances. In to the second half,back to the same old mentality sitting too deep 

Bradley,McKay,Brandon,yengi,seemed to  disappear.Yeni ran out of steam, Pittman was trying to get forward but lacked the pace, basically the offensive players in the 2nd half collapsed,and by the end of the game were pinned back hanging on for a draw..You had the back 4, then Carson and Holt playing deep,that only leaves. 4 Players to do the attacking,Shinne,Pittman,Sangare,yengi,

Shinnie playing deep,Yengi by this time burnt out,Sangare was he ever up the field, Pittman's tried but lacked pace running with the ball.

You simply can't have Holt and Carson that deep, basically playing as  defenders,these guys need to  be playing further up the park ,they invited Killie to come at them.

The lack of pace in the midfield  is obvious .No wingers are the biggest problem....

On 08/02/2024 at 00:34, crispy said:

Ooft, that was a sickener tonight. Made some good chances. Super unlucky with the offside call. Also a lot tighter at the back with Donellan in there. The lack of quality in the finishing it obviously a problem given the position we are but we just have to dust ourselves down and go again. (What can the manager do about that? We aren’t able to attract a Van Veen.)

McInnes’ comments would seem to suggest Martindale outfoxed him in the first half. That’s twice recently we’ve competed well with the 4th place in the league.

367D48CD-74F6-41A1-99C4-A8BB5F323A56.jpeg

Those offsides do my cunt in.  What advantage has Dan MacKay got there with his shoulder hair being offside?

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Those offsides do my c**t in.  What advantage has Dan MacKay got there with his shoulder hair being offside?

Aye, it’s annoying. There’s part of me that would like blank and white, categorical decisions to remove some of the subjectivity and inconsistency. Definitely more by good/bad luck than good defensive play that he’s offside. It was a good passage of play. 

Also, On first viewing Carson looked really good. Looked at home and combined well with Holt in the middle. 

On 08/02/2024 at 15:57, Monkey socks said:

Opcco6 Ltd owns a controlling interest in the football club, around 70% of the shares. If that changes at any time, the football club have 14 days to tell Companies House. It’s not changed for over 5 years. Unless someone is committing an offence under the Companies Act 2006 then this is the truth.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC142420/persons-with-significant-control