Livingston - all the threads merged

9 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Ged Nixon is a Trust member? Odd one.

His time on the board wasn't a success. He went through multiple managers. His sackings of Gary Bollan and Gareth Evans were particularly frustrating as both were achieving on-field results. He got us a points deduction due to paying players undeclared bonus. Then after leaving he infamously pursued a civil action against the club.

Must admit,was surprised to see him there,along with some others 🤷‍♂️.But they are members and entitled to attend if they so wish to.

36 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Fans are notoriously fickle, and their opinions change with the weather. When Martindale was doing a tremendous job for us nobody had any concerns about him doing so much around the place, and having so much influence and control, now we've had a terrible season and are being relegated it's a red flag, and seen as a huge problem.

That's not true.

1 hour ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

He can make a statement on his own case.

He'll have most likely been advised by his solicitor to do nothing of the sort.

13 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

That's not true.

Agreed. I would say we were shouted down by the happy clappers. Most of whom are moaning about him now but happy he continues to dodge along into the Championship 🙄🫣

17 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

That's not true.

Have to say I agree. There are a significant segment of people that haven't renewed their season tickets and have vowed not to whilst Martindale is involved with the club; even before he became manager.

So he had a court appearance last Friday but was not in attendance, a court appearance yesterday and according to court rolls another appearance on friday 19th april and again //monday 22nd. Never heard of so many appearances for something "trivial" have you?

Martindale certainly had an impact of season ticket holders too, maybe it is time we reviewed who is in charge

With regard to the Livi for Life trust; if you're not a member please consider joining.

Its an unfortunate fact that with the trust having been around for 20 years there are some members who are no longer interested; who have left the area or are no longer with us.

I understand that some of the rule changes for the trust can require a better than 50% approval of the entire REGISTERED membership. Statistically that gets more challenging as numbers of active members reduces proportionately.

2 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Ged Nixon is a Trust member? Odd one.

His time on the board wasn't a success. He went through multiple managers. His sackings of Gary Bollan and Gareth Evans were particularly frustrating as both were achieving on-field results. He got us a points deduction due to paying players undeclared bonus. Then after leaving he infamously pursued a civil action against the club.

@LiviWhy downvote this? You can't keep giving it your "I just care about the club" line then get defensive over someone who was disastrous for the club. 

Anyone involved in sacking Gary Bollan should be embarrassed to be anywhere near the club. Ridiculous act of self-sabotage.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

14 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Anyone involved in sacking Gary Bollan should be embarrassed to be anywhere near the club. Ridiculous act of self-sabotage.

Wasn't one of the reasons given that he lived in Dundee and had refused to move closer to the ground?

Is that two brand new accounts on here pushing the same agenda again? Another big push from the usual suspects as well? Really is a shame that this spot of the forum has gone down the toilet. What used to be a good spot for Livi fans to come and talk about the club has gone on to become a place where one side of an ownership struggle can just pollute the posts with their side of the story/agenda. 

The big part for me is that it's not going to win anyone over, if their side of things get control of the club do they think that suddenly folk on here will want to go to games more under them? It's a similar struggle that's gone on through the clubs history that's seen us lose chunks of a loyal fan base, from which the club hasn't ever really recovered. 

I'm at a point (I'd said it before as well), that I think the club needs a total reset. No one involved now, including Hogarth (and those involved in the court battles), should be allowed anywhere near the running of the club. The fact that however many random accounts have popped up on here with the same rhetoric shows they have something to lose in this, more often than not it's personal and financial when it comes to Livi and these types of characters. 

6 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Wasn't one of the reasons given that he lived in Dundee and had refused to move closer to the ground?

One of the reasons was that he failed to develop young players... The squad he had over 2 and a half years probably had the most academy graduates of ANY in our history.

Clowns.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

2 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

One of the reasons was that he failed to develop young players... The squad he had over 2 and a half years probably had the most academy graduates of ANY in our history.

Clowns.

Wasn't that at the time of Craig Easton; the Jacobs brothers, Mullen, Donaldson, Ross etc?

4 hours ago, ribbyonline said:

Any why is the article heavy on Wards accomplishments?

Avoiding the rest of the binfire that this thread is now, the answer to this part is unfortunately that's just how the media report on (alleged) violence against women. Any sportsperson accused of something is referred to in the media by their achievements; even in countries where anonymity for the defendant is provided the coverage will use words like "star" or refer to them being "internationalists" etc

2 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

@LiviWhy downvote this? You can't keep giving it your "I just care about the club" line then get defensive over someone who was disastrous for the club. 

There is no love lost with me and Nixon. 

Forgive me , i was just playing your previous petty points of giving my posts a negative point. Can we agree a truce now? 

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Is that two brand new accounts on here pushing the same agenda again? Another big push from the usual suspects as well? Really is a shame that this spot of the forum has gone down the toilet. What used to be a good spot for Livi fans to come and talk about the club has gone on to become a place where one side of an ownership struggle can just pollute the posts with their side of the story/agenda. 

The big part for me is that it's not going to win anyone over, if their side of things get control of the club do they think that suddenly folk on here will want to go to games more under them? It's a similar struggle that's gone on through the clubs history that's seen us lose chunks of a loyal fan base, from which the club hasn't ever really recovered. 

I'm at a point (I'd said it before as well), that I think the club needs a total reset. No one involved now, including Hogarth (and those involved in the court battles), should be allowed anywhere near the running of the club. The fact that however many random accounts have popped up on here with the same rhetoric shows they have something to lose in this, more often than not it's personal and financial when it comes to Livi and these types of characters. 

Here we go.

5 hours ago, mozam76 said:

He'll have most likely been advised by his solicitor to do nothing of the sort.

5 hours ago, Durnford said:

Have to say I agree. There are a significant segment of people that haven't renewed their season tickets and have vowed not to whilst Martindale is involved with the club; even before he became manager.

They kept it quiet then, other than those that held his past against him, all i ever saw was plaudits for the job he was doing. ST sales were up too, might be down next season, but that will prob happen whether Martindale stays or goes. Happened the last time we were relegated from the top flight, some people only want to support us when we're in the top flight playing the big teams.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

They kept it quiet then, all i ever saw was plaudits for the job he was doing. ST sales were up too, might be down next season, but that will prob happen whether Martindale stays or goes. Happened the last time we were relegated from the top flight, some people only want to support us when we're in the top flight playing the big teams.

Maybe it's because you have had your blinkers on.

Only recently have i detected a change from you on your posts re Martindale. Prior to that many of your posts were very pro Martindale

ps you wont see this post 😀