Livingston - all the threads merged

On 10/04/2024 at 13:00, Sonam said:

Really disappointed and sad to see Livi bottom. Wish you well next season.

Hope to see you straight back up. Your teams record against old firm has been quality. Wish County could do that, against Rangers (never won ever). Celtic yes, but not Rangers. 

I personally still rate Martindale btw, top, top manager on low budget.

You have now! Congratulations. Realistically, we down several fixtures ago so it makes no odds. 

I hope you avoid the playoff spot.

20 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye even going in 3-2 down might've given us a chance to regroup to have a go in the 2nd half, but Devlin's lack of awareness heading the ball back totally fucked us.

That first Kelly goal, didn't he try something similar a few games back, might've been against St Mirren, and went narrowly past the post.

Also there was  moment in the first half when the ball was heading out for a goal-kick and Devlin was trying to shield the ball from the attacking hearts player but he still had a bit of a way to go and the ball was slowing down. Instead of simply passing back to George he tried to continue to shield it and then, at the last moment, booted it generally in George's direction but it went out for a Hearts corner - needlessly putting the defense under more pressure..

59 minutes ago, Basil the Rat said:

TBH even Sangare would have done a more competent job at CD than Devlin (and that's no reflection on Sangare).

Still struggle to understand why we have Boyes and Lawel on loan to ICT when we're barely able to fill half a bench.

It all comes down to Martindale and whether or not he likes you. If he doesn't like you, you get punted. Its seemingly not difficult to fall out with him. With the sheer number of players that have been released and punted out on loan for no reason.

8 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

You have now! Congratulations. Realistically, we down several fixtures ago so it makes no odds. 

I hope you avoid the playoff spot.

Just seen their score a minute ago, brilliant result for County, makes me glad we didn't beat Hearts yesterday now, would've given us a bit of hope, to have it destroyed again with County winning.

Think we should be giving the younger players a go now, for some first team experience going into the Championship. Ledingham had the odd appearance in cup games, may as well give him some starts now our season is done. He can't be any worse than what we have in defence anyway.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Just seen their score a minute ago, brilliant result for County, makes me glad we didn't beat Hearts yesterday now, would've given us a bit of hope, to have it destroyed again with County winning.

Think we should be giving the younger players a go now, for some first team experience going into the Championship. Ledingham and Lawal have had the odd appearance, may as well give them some starts now our season is done. Ledingham can't be any worse than what we have in defence anyway.

Lawel's on loan to ICT isn't he?

Maybe we could give Boyes and Welch-Hayes a run in the defense - Unfortunately not. They're out on loan as well.

Just now, Basil the Rat said:

Maybe we could give Boyes and Welch-Hayes a run in the defense - Unfortunately not. They're out on loan as well.

Yeah i just saw that in your post and edited it, but wasn't quick enough.😂

2 minutes ago, Basil the Rat said:

Aye we've not got enough players to fill the bench just now, and Yengi will be suspended, could've done with keeping some of the youth players as cover. 

God, Welch-Hayes... Another one that would do better than Devlin or Nottingham THAT WE HAVE UNDER CONTRACT. 

Brutal. Martindale should resign as soon as we are officially relegated for such a pathetic campaign.

So with County winning if my maths is right, we will be officially down if County and St Johnstone better our next result. Hopefully with confirmation we'll start to see the players who are here next season given more minutes coupled with some of the more promising youngsters also getting minutes. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Brutal. Martindale should resign as soon as we are officially relegated for such a pathetic campaign.

He is to selfish to even offer that up as a solution.

22 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Are there any promising youngsters? 

Surely if there was they'd be in the match day squad given we've only been putting up 5 subs recently  🤷‍♂️

Edited by Livi

1 minute ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Championship will be very tough. We’ll be fighting for our life next season.

Ha and then some with the current regime in charge.

5 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Ledingham and another whose name I can't remember have been on the bench a couple times. Now's the time to find out how good they are. 

For the remaining games we should be playing them then - it seems a must to give them as much premiership experience as possible before we go down. 

35 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Ledingham and another who's name I can't remember have been on the bench a couple times. Now's the time to find out how good they are. 

I'd heard a rumour about a physical altercation between Martindale and one of the young players...assumed there was nothing in it as I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but since then there's been no sign of Ledingham, Stenhouse (out on loan now) or Sharp