Livingston - all the threads merged

Obileye looked to be in tears at full time. I'm at the point now where I'm now feeling sorry for the players rather than being angry (exception of George, Nottingham and Devlin who are irredeemably rotten and should never been signed).

I asked a few weeks ago whether this was our worst ever back four and Martindale has proceeded to pick them for the last 4 games. Nottingham staying at right back when you have Carson and Brandon available to play in that position is just mind-blowingly bad management. That said, I think you could even play Nottingham at centre half if it meant that Devlin is nowhere near the squad. For an experienced centre back and alleged captain to put in a performance like that... He will be extremely lucky if a full-time team picks him up next season. 

7 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Obileye looked to be in tears at full time. I'm at the point now where I'm now feeling sorry for the players rather than being angry (exception of George, Nottingham and Devlin who are irredeemably rotten and should never been signed).

I asked a few weeks ago whether this was our worst ever back four and Martindale has proceeded to pick them for the last 4 games. Nottingham staying at right back when you have Carson and Brandon available to play in that position is just mind-blowingly bad management. That said, I think you could even play Nottingham at centre half if it meant that Devlin is nowhere near the squad. For an experienced centre back and alleged captain to put in a performance like that... He will be extremely lucky if a full-time team picks him up next season. 

Yet on the club media it was Yengi that he threw under the bus (Anderson didn't play long enough for it it be him) 🙄

Wasn't at the game yesterday because well honestly I just don't think this team are worth the money. Watching the highlights was painful enough. 

There may be injuries which have caused us to play them but that back line has to be up there with the worst in our history. 

All goals come down our right side because Nottingham and Devlin are just awful. Sean Kelly was never premiership quality but did have that brief cameo at centre midfield where he was alright but has now reverted to type. With type being a man who has the speed and turning circle of a tank. It's clear Obileye is an average CB at best made to look good previously by much better CB partners. 

I've said it before but Martindale's decision to start bedding in De Lucas and Boyes at the end of last season only to then punt the two of them in favour of Nottingham and Devlin is absolutely baffling. 

Couldn't believe my eyes when i checked the HT score and saw we had been 2-0 up, only to capitulate and go in 4-2 down. The capitulating part wasn't a surprise, but to have gone 2 goals up at Tynecastle shows there's some good players with fight in our team, just a pity our defence is a shambles. Not tracking runners, not stopping balls into our box, and almost identical moves putting the ball across goal for a runner to knock it into our net, and that header from Devlin for their penalty, that must've made Kelly think why the f**k did i bother. 

Must be soul destroying for our midfield and strikers working their socks off pressing opposition players and getting a 2 goal lead, only to see goals so cheaply given away at the other end. If we had a half decent defence we'd look a no bad team, even down to the bare bones we've decent midfielders and strikers. 

4 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

TBH even Sangare would have done a more competent job at CD than Devlin (and that's no reflection on Sangare).

Still struggle to understand why we have Boyes and Lawel on loan to ICT when we're barely able to fill half a bench.

45 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Couldn't believe my eyes when i checked the HT score and saw we had been 2-0 up, only to capitulate and go in 4-2 down. The capitulating part wasn't a surprise, but to have gone 2 goals up at Tynecastle shows there's some good players with fight in our team, just a pity our defence is a shambles. Not tracking runners, not stopping balls into our box, and almost identical moves putting the ball across goal for a runner to knock it into our net, and that header from Devlin for their penalty, that must've made Kelly think why the f**k did i bother. 

Must be soul destroying for our midfield and strikers working their socks off pressing opposition players and getting a 2 goal lead, only to see goals so cheaply given away at the other end. If we had a half decent defence we'd look a no bad team, even down to the bare bones we've decent midfielders and strikers. 

Thought we were by far the better team for the first half an hour; we played some exciting attacking football with passes to the wings going AHEAD of the Livi player; not behind which has been the not this season. We looking refreshingly positive and pressed the Heart's defense continuously.

The first goal was an effective Hearts counter attack and the second was an almost identical sucker-punch. That seemed to suck all the positivity out of the team; After that it was the Livi we've been watching since about last September.

Have to admit that after the second goal went in I was starting to do a bit of maths; if County get a drubbing by Rangers; if we can bat them at home.... etc. etc.  Its the hope that kills you. 

16 minutes ago, Basil the Rat said:

Thought we were by far the better team for the first half an hour; we played some exciting attacking football with passes to the wings going AHEAD of the Livi player; not behind which has been the not this season. We looking refreshingly positive and pressed the Heart's defense continuously.

The first goal was an effective Hearts counter attack and the second was an almost identical sucker-punch. That seemed to suck all the positivity out of the team; After that it was the Livi we've been watching since about last September.

Have to admit that after the second goal went in I was starting to do a bit of maths; if County get a drubbing by Rangers; if we can bat them at home.... etc. etc.  Its the hope that kills you. 

Aye even going in 3-2 down might've given us a chance to regroup to have a go in the 2nd half, but Devlin's lack of awareness heading the ball back totally fucked us.

That first Kelly goal, didn't he try something similar a few games back, might've been against St Mirren, and went narrowly past the post.