Livingston - all the threads merged

2 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

So we're another game closer to reality,but in LFC world,it's nothing to see here,move on.............

Yeah i think being relegated is the least of our problems, it was going to happen at some point. Disappointing we've not got the club stable so we're in good shape for going into the Championship. This upheaval behind the scenes not knowing wtf is going on and who will be running the club next season, and everything we've made from cup games against the erse cheeks is going into court cases is leaving us in even more uncertainty for next season.

Both sides are blaming the other but neither of them is coming out of this looking blameless. And quite frankly i'm past caring about muck slinging and the blame game being played. I just want it sorted and someone new to come in so we can all get behind them and sing from the same song sheet. We need just one party in control and working to make us competitive in the Championship. 

45 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

So we're another game closer to reality,but in LFC world,it's nothing to see here,move on.............

Its building up to be a big month off the field for Livi.

As fans we can't do much other cross our  fingers and toes that we will still have a club once its all over 🤞

One thing I worry about is a further fractured and split fanbase. Some fans won't go back if Martindale doesn't go, or if Ward is still there. Others wont go back if R/H/S get control. A fresh start is really badly needed for the club at this point and a complete break from the infighting. 

Didn't he run half the length of the pitch to knee slide in front of the Livi support when Motherwell nicked top 6 from us with the last kick of the game a couple years back? 

Very dodgy keeper in League 1 and was made to look decent by an unbelievable back 3 in 2018/19. Think I'll pass.

2 hours ago, LewisB said:

Calling all Livi fans!

It’s tough times for you fellas at the minute. Cheer yourself up, sit back and reflect on iconic Lions goalkeeper Liam Kelly. 

🗣️ Exclusive quotes from former teammate Sean Crighton, among others.
📰 5000 words to read.
💷 Completely free.

https://storybehindthesteelmen.co.uk/2024/04/02/liam-kelly-the-journey-from-covid-cover-to-captain/

IMG_7381.webp

Go take the spam posts elsewhere :D No one here cares, two seasons does not make you iconic. Rather, celebrating in front of Livi fans multiple times does make you a bit of a p***k. Engagement farming nonsense. 

50 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

Didn't he run half the length of the pitch to knee slide in front of the Livi support when Motherwell nicked top 6 from us with the last kick of the game a couple years back? 

Very dodgy keeper in League 1 and was made to look decent by an unbelievable back 3 in 2018/19. Think I'll pass.

Bit of an exaggeration, he was standing just outside the box for their corner and dropped to his knees when Lamie equalised, celebrating their goal that got them a dramatic top six spot. Looked like he was facing towards the hospitality area where Motherwell's board members sit, and you get away fans in there too, maybe had some family members over there with his brother playing for us in that game too.

Anyhoo, was raw in his loan spell when we won League One and had the odd clanger, a lot better in his return when we signed him for our first season in the top flight. Think he had a good first spell for Motherwell but has been very inconsistent for them since.

Apologies guys – didn’t realise Liam Kelly perhaps wasn’t held in such high regard through your way!

In terms of ‘engagement farming’, I suppose this is a half truth. I’m very passionate that good, long form Scottish football content is accessible to people. Online football content is so often misleading, clickbait nonsense. And as a fan of teams like Livi and Motherwell, we get so little content about our clubs at all. However, yes, I would like it to do well and be read by a lot of people! 😅

44 minutes ago, LewisB said:

Apologies guys – didn’t realise Liam Kelly perhaps wasn’t held in such high regard through your way!

In terms of ‘engagement farming’, I suppose this is a half truth. I’m very passionate that good, long form Scottish football content is accessible to people. Online football content is so often misleading, clickbait nonsense. And as a fan of teams like Livi and Motherwell, we get so little content about our clubs at all. However, yes, I would like it to do well and be read by a lot of people! 😅

I enjoyed reading.

He was pretty good and popular in the first Premiership season, certainly a key member of the squad. When he was here people were touting him for Scotland all the time. If he’d gone for £500,000 I’m sure everyone would be much more positive. As it happens, he took a pay cut to come and play for us on the basis he could leave for next to nothing, and it would out exactly as planned. Can’t complain. 

1 hour ago, LewisB said:

Apologies Lewis, I didn't realise it was your work. Ignore me - I'm just bitter about his knee slide. Good luck with the rest of your content. 

I thought he's improved remarkably with his second spell with us.

His first stint (in the first division?) was mediocre to okay and was worried about him coming back but he proved me wrong.

Unfortunately it didn't matter how poor Motherwell were on the day since then, we always had him to beat which contributed to making Motherwell a bit of a bogie team for us. Its just our luck on the once season where his form has clearly dropped; we struggle to even challenge the goalkeeper.

4 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Interesting that the manager and assistant manager have left the women’s team.

Some players also left as well? Saw one recently sign for Falkirk.

On 08/04/2024 at 17:41, Durnford said:

I thought he's improved remarkably with his second spell with us.

His first stint (in the first division?) was mediocre to okay and was worried about him coming back but he proved me wrong.

Unfortunately it didn't matter how poor Motherwell were on the day since then, we always had him to beat which contributed to making Motherwell a bit of a bogie team for us. Its just our luck on the once season where his form has clearly dropped; we struggle to even challenge the goalkeeper.

100%

16 hours ago, Livi said:

Some players also left as well? Saw one recently sign for Falkirk.

Players have been moving between teams all season. There doesn't appear to be a transfer window at that level