Livingston - all the threads merged

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Martindale confirming Bruce, Nouble and Obileye are off next season.

Breakdown from that from me is:
Anderson was criminally underused in this season. If he was starting more we'd have more than wins than we do now.
Nouble's failure to get a move last summer came at the exact same time as his form falling off a cliff, no surprise - very frustrating player that I can see moving sideways at best and struggling for game time. Another manager won't give him the same patience he's had this season.
Obileye is very limited and without a left foot at all, he did well for us alongside a good/better defender like Guthrie/Fitzwater who could carry him through but when he's asked to do actual defending beyond his physical attributes he struggles big time. Guys like Devlin and Nottingham aren't good enough to compensate for him.

Not a surprise that they're off to be fair but at least it's confirmed.

Hopefully more will be announced soon

I can See Anderson at County or St Johnstone.

Nouble will possibly end up in league 2 in England

Obileye possibly the same as above if not in the National League down south.

just my thoughts not slagging the guys off. 

11 minutes ago, Super Staggie said:

Anderson apparently has a deal at Killie, but St Mirren linked as well. 
Obileye apparently has a deal at Motherwell
Nouble had a deal lined up with Exeter, in January, but they pulled out so about that level makes sense I think

Edited by ATLIS

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Anderson apparently has a deal at Killie, but St Mirren linked as well. 
Obileye apparently has a deal at Motherwell
Nouble had a deal lined up with Exeter, in January, but they pulled out so about that level makes sense I think

That makes sense although Obileye to Well is slightly surprising as personally didn't think he was that good.

Just now, Super Staggie said:

That makes sense although Obileye to Well is slightly surprising as personally didn't think he was that good.

He's great physically, in the air, bodying defenders. He's useless with a ball at his feet and literally cannot use his left foot to kick a ball. 

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

This happened to me in a kebab shop in Kent. When I replied Livingston, the guy hit out with some facts and half a dozen names of current (at the time) players as well as legends like Bingo and Stuart Lovell....I was genuinely dumbstruck at his knowledge

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I'd be looking around trying to find the hidden cameras and asking what show I'm on by that point :D 

Aye the news reporters were going about Livi Centre after we won the cup, and up the Boulevard when the team were going along it in the bus, asking folk about them and they had no idea who our players were, or that we'd won the cup. Impressive that someone in England was knowledgeable about Livi.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye the news reporters were going about Livi Centre after we won the cup, and up the Boulevard when the team were going along it in the bus, asking folk about them and they had no idea who our players were, or that we'd won the cup. Impressive that someone in England was knowledgeable about Livi.

I got the impression after talking to him that he'd be able to do the same whichever side I said

3 hours ago, Super Staggie said:

I'd love Anderson but I'd be very surprised if we sign any proven strikers this Summer. We already have 4 contracted for next season (Kimpioka, Sidibeh, Clark, May).

47 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I got the impression after talking to him that he'd be able to do the same whichever side I said

More knowledgeable about teams in Scotland than bbc sportscene presenters, commentators, and pundits. You just know they have a sheet of paper in front of them from a researcher on facts and trivia about the teams they're covering on the Friday night Championship games, and haven't a clue themselves about the teams. Even in the top flight they can barely be arsed talking about teams outside the top two, let alone know with any real knowledge how their season is going.

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Martindale confirming Bruce, Nouble and Obileye are off next season.

Breakdown from that from me is:
Anderson was criminally underused in this season. If he was starting more we'd have more than wins than we do now.
Nouble's failure to get a move last summer came at the exact same time as his form falling off a cliff, no surprise - very frustrating player that I can see moving sideways at best and struggling for game time. Another manager won't give him the same patience he's had this season.
Obileye is very limited and without a left foot at all, he did well for us alongside a good/better defender like Guthrie/Fitzwater who could carry him through but when he's asked to do actual defending beyond his physical attributes he struggles big time. Guys like Devlin and Nottingham aren't good enough to compensate for him.

Not a surprise that they're off to be fair but at least it's confirmed.

Obileye was never a centre back, came to us as a midfielder.  Just another one on Martindale's brain farts to put him in defence. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Holt and Brandon have relegation clauses that could see them off as well during the summer leaving us with no Premiership or Championships level players.

A double relegation is a distinct possibility. 

27 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Obileye was never a centre back, came to us as a midfielder.  Just another one on Martindale's brain farts to put him in defence. 

To be fair it gives me the fear just thinking about Obileye playing in midfield. His composure and passing just aren't there. So his while his move to defence was done to cover injuries and a lack of depth it is a logical move of position. 

32 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Holt and Brandon have relegation clauses that could see them off as well during the summer leaving us with no Premiership or Championships level players.

Yeah there's too much uncertainty to predict how we'll do next season.

Don't know who will be in control of the club, or their plans for the future, seems either party will need to get a new owner with some cash or investment plan.

Or who the manager and backroom staff will be, and we're needing a big rebuild getting a competitive squad together.

There'll be the parachute payment, but with all these court cases will it be eaten up like the cash we made from the cup games, or will it be spent on the team budget.

Main objective will be consolidation to stay up, then see where we are to build on that for the following season.

42 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

I thought at the time QotS fans were saying he was a CB that can fill in at CDM. No chance he'd be any better at CDM though given his incredible one footedness. 

From the sounds of it a lot of the squad will have relegation clauses, just need to wait and see how bad it really is, just need to wait for the summer to find out. I'm not overly worried about a double relegation though, there's enough clubs in there that should be on similar budget levels to us. IMO playoffs should be the aim.

Edited by ATLIS

Obileye was a good stand in CB to cover for injuries, solid enough if you need someone to come in alongside an experienced player. There's no reality where he should end up being your best and most important CB though, and for me shows just how poor the recruitment was particularly last summer.

Of the other out of contract players I'd probably only actively try to keep Shinnie. Montano would be good to keep but he's been very injury prone and it's probably getting to the point where we can't afford to keep him contracted if we're only going to get half a season out of him. Jack Hamilton has probably done enough to earn a deal if we end up seeing Shamal out the door but I don't think there's a need for both of them (assuming there's another keeper out there we could bring in as back up, even if it's just a loan). Boyes should never have been sent out on loan and seems to have been doing well at ICT, albeit at the wrong end of the table, but get the feeling he isn't on the Martindale favourite list. Mikey Devlin, Michael Nottingham, Sean Kelly, and Kurtis Guthrie can all get as far away as possible please. If Devlin's managed to trigger an extension then I'd hope it's only as a backup.

With the players you've got left, I'd be surprised if Shamal George didn't have a relegation release clause, and even if not I'd expect him to be trying to get a move elsewhere anyway. Same will probably go for a couple others.

Not surprised to see the three names mentioned as leaving

Anderson has been frustratingly underused and over-criticised and, while he hasn't quite justified the hype this season, he'll easily find another Premiership club. Whether it's his diabetes or the failed move to Georgia, his manager doesn't seem to trust him this year 

Nouble was incredible for a short time, then misused by Martindale. Last summer really seemed to mess his form up, with agents and managers pushing moves and slotting back into a team not designed for him. Overall though, signing from the National League and (possibly) moving onto a League One club represents a good opportunity for the guy

Obileye has had his critics, however I think he's developed into a perfectly fine bottom 6 CB. Ask him to clear and head the ball away and he's sorted. Ask him to start stepping into midfield and play passes and you're in trouble. He's clearly not good enough to be a 'main' CB at this level, but stick him next to someone who's happy to organise and he'll do well. His conversion from CM to CB, whist playing at a higher level for 3 years, is probably Martindale's best attempt at this (even if it did lead to him trying it at least once with every other player) 

16 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I can’t imagine we would let Shamal go for free. I’d expect every other player under contract to have the option to leave for free.

Good luck convincing anyone to pay for him. Best case scenario is that we give him back to Colchester and they cancel the 40k we are due them over the next 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Good luck convincing anyone to pay for him. Best case scenario is that we give him back to Colchester and they cancel the 40k we are due them over the next 2 seasons.

Wonder where the £40k will come from 🥴

Livi chairman on twitter tonight calling Livi fans pr!cks.  That will certainly attract more people to come and support the club.

What will happen next at Livi FC 🙄

IMG_1415.jpeg