Livingston - all the threads merged

13 hours ago, Durnford said:

Was at the sponsors meeting tonight at the stadium. 

Joel Nouble was a perfect gentleman; plenty of time for the young supporters and chatting with supporters. TBH most of the other players put in the effort also.

The interview with David Black and Mikey Devlin virtually had me opening my wrists. FFS we all know we're in a bad position but we don't want to hear how bad its been. I appreciate they're down but try and put a bit of spin on it.

All the players put in an appearance including Aphelele Teto and Miles Welch-Hayes. As far as I know the only player missing was Morgan Boyes which is perhaps understandable.

Glad Welch-Hayes is still an involved part of the group. His form at Dunfermline has been excellent so I'd like him back for us next season.

5 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Glad Welch-Hayes is still an involved part of the group. His form at Dunfermline has been excellent so I'd like him back for us next season.

Interesting that he attended - and fair play for him for doing so - but I'd imagine we'll be trying to bring him back to EEP on a permanent basis for next season. He seems to he enjoying his football and is playing well. 

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I've spoken to Mikey a few times and every time he comes across as an absolute gentleman who can't do enough for fans but on the flip side, he's got an incredibly dour demeanor. On the flipside, you have a guy like Jason Holt who talks exactly as you'd expect a club captain to talk. 

In hindsight I wonder if some of his demeanor on the night might be because he was worried about the reception seeing as how poorly the team are doing. Fair play to him for standing up there in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Durnford said:

In hindsight I wonder if some of his demeanor on the night might be because he was worried about the reception seeing as how poorly the team are doing. Fair play to him for standing up there in the first place.

Devlin isn't the player he was in 2019 any longer, when he last played for Scotland. Injuries may've reduced his athletic capability, taking a bit off his sprinting and jumping. That's just a guess, though. What's certain is that his career momentum has been lost compared to five years ago. He's trying to rebuild his career at Livi and its been a difficult start. If he stays he could definitely be an asset in the Championship next season. The drop both in level and pressure might work out well.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

A rare piece of self awareness on this thread. :1eye

Here's another green dot seen as how dumb and dumber have given you 2 reds, he'll have to sign in with another account to give you a 3rd red dot now.😂

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Devlin isn't the player he was in 2019 any longer, when he last played for Scotland. Injuries may've reduced his athletic capability, taking a bit off his sprinting and jumping. That's just a guess, though. What's certain is that his career momentum has been lost compared to five years ago. He's trying to rebuild his career at Livi and its been a difficult start. If he stays he could definitely be an asset in the Championship next season. The drop both in level and pressure might work out well.

He looked different gravy in his first few appearances and I was genuinely excited we had managed to get him on the books. Even Callum Carson mentioned that Livi's hopes for the season could rest on keeping Devlin fit....then he got injured against County (on one of those dangerous grass pitches no less) and he's never been the same since. Thoroughly likeable guy and I'm gutted it hasn't really worked out for him

Sorry to highjack this muck slinging thread,but some of us real Livi fans realise we have a game this weekend. Our super coach is threatening to have a go and attack celtic,seeing is believing.Any past attempt ar these games have been defend in depth and hopefully get a beak away winner late on,and we all know how that ends up.

If he’s serious why not play:

Shamal 

Brandon Ayo Nottingham  ( because no body else) Montano

Bradley Holt Carson Stephen Kelly

Yengi Anderson

we know it will never happen,he will shoehorn in Sean Kelly,Shinnie and Nouble.

Here’s hoping.

Apologies to Dan Mackay should be in for Stephen Bradley.

Edited by livilion53

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

He looked different gravy in his first few appearances and I was genuinely excited we had managed to get him on the books. Even Callum Carson mentioned that Livi's hopes for the season could rest on keeping Devlin fit....then he got injured against County (on one of those dangerous grass pitches no less) and he's never been the same since. Thoroughly likeable guy and I'm gutted it hasn't really worked out for him

Aye he was a good influence in early games, vocally helping the defence stay in shape and cover runners etc, his lack of pace later in the season has been a big weakness with opposition players running in behind us, prob due to being injured and never fully recovered. The injuries to every other CB we had didn't help either, we've never had a settled back line.

Still hoping that by some miracle we can stay up, but dropping down a division might be like when we dropped to League One, playing lower league opposition could be the making of some of our players, like Bradley, Brandon, St Kelly, Welch-Hayes, if they're all still here, and the younger players on the fringes of coming into the team from the youth team.

Dan MacKay would be brilliant for us too (with us having the option to sign him after his loan period), but prob wont sign now if we're relegated. And Yengi would be like Nouble was playing in the Championship, a stand out. 

Biggest concern is the off field shite going on, and who will actually be running the club next season.

8 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Interesting that he attended - and fair play for him for doing so - but I'd imagine we'll be trying to bring him back to EEP on a permanent basis for next season. He seems to he enjoying his football and is playing well. 

Can't see us selling to a club in the same division unless it was a stupid offer north of 150k. Then again depends if the club gets desperate for cash with the court cases as well

Well that's it official.........I've removed the PremVarship on LiveScore as a favourite league and replaced it with the Championship in preparation for next season. 

Edited by Dav nan Gael

On 17/03/2024 at 12:54, EdinburghLivi said:

I thought he was a complete waste of space yesterday but can see your point.

If Bradley has not built up some muscle mass by the start of next season, we should be getting rid. He's brought very little to the table after his first 4/5 games last season. 

He's not fast, he has a poor final ball and is way too lightweight. At least one of those three has to give for him to be anywhere near this level.

This again. Absolutely pathetic show of strength you could see coming from a mile away. Fart in the wind.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Martindale has to take most of the blame but so many times this season you have majority of players putting in a passable performance before at least one of their teammates decides to throw the rest of them under the bus with inexplicable shiteness. 

Infuriating, I have no idea where it has come from after so many good seasons. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Question  - is today's back 4 the worst we've ever fielded?

Delighted that all of them are out of contract at the end of the season (unless Devlin has triggered an extension, God forbid).

7 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Question  - is today's back 4 the worst we've ever fielded?

Delighted that all of them are out of contract at the end of the season (unless Devlin has triggered an extension, God forbid).

I would think Devlin's extension has been triggered by now, but yes. 

It's telling that after Devlin left, Martindale spoke about needing a RB because what we had wasn't good enough. He signs Welch-Hayes who doesn't play and then uses Brandon who he himself said wasn't good enough. Kelly isn't good enough at this level either. Nottingham is pish beyond belief.

Edited by ATLIS