Livingston - all the threads merged

Was at the sponsors meeting tonight at the stadium. 

Joel Nouble was a perfect gentleman; plenty of time for the young supporters and chatting with supporters. TBH most of the other players put in the effort also.

The interview with David Black and Mikey Devlin virtually had me opening my wrists. FFS we all know we're in a bad position but we don't want to hear how bad its been. I appreciate they're down but try and put a bit of spin on it.

All the players put in an appearance including Aphelele Teto and Miles Welch-Hayes. As far as I know the only player missing was Morgan Boyes which is perhaps understandable.

2 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I agree he seems to have nothing to lose and it does seem like a lot of hassle for a volunteer - I think he even said he’s never claimed a penny in expenses.

If he’s got nothing to lose, is there something significant he stands to gain if he hangs around long enough?

Maybe just doesn't want to leave it to the RSH to come in and help themselves to everything they can. Maybe, just maybe, him and Martindale give a f**k about the club and want to get rid of RSH so they can bring in an owner with the money to help the club survive in the Championship.

I  know the usual suspects will throw scorn and insults my way for posting this, but frankly i couldn't care less, i've no reason to think RSH have a plan to help Livi, so far they've remained silent, and the only thing we've seen from them lately is taking all their money out the club, one by cutting himself a cheque, and the other via a court case against the club. They've shares still, but from their actions it indicates they're likely to sell them if the gain control of Livingston, and aren't likely to be investing money back into the club.

11 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Was at the sponsors meeting tonight at the stadium. 

Joel Nouble was a perfect gentleman; plenty of time for the young supporters and chatting with supporters. TBH most of the other players put in the effort also.

The interview with David Black and Mikey Devlin virtually had me opening my wrists. FFS we all know we're in a bad position but we don't want to hear how bad its been. I appreciate they're down but try and put a bit of spin on it.

All the players put in an appearance including Aphelele Teto and Miles Welch-Hayes. As far as I know the only player missing was Morgan Boyes which is perhaps understandable.

Is everyone back fit for selection against Celtic?

Not much spin can be put on the season now right enough, all that's left is trying to get some wins and see if we can close the gap a bit, it would take a hell of a turnaround on our season's form to get more wins in the remaining 8 games than we've managed in the 30 games we've played. 

Would be great if Teto could play in the Championship next season, do we actually think there's a chance when he's still here, very frustrating. 

30 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe just doesn't want to leave it to the RSH to come in and help themselves to everything they can. Maybe, just maybe, him and Martindale give a f**k about the club and want to get rid of RSH so they can bring in an owner with the money to help the club survive in the Championship.

You just can't bring yourself to understand it can you. Its not about sides it's about whats happening.

You have no idea what the intentions of the Oppco6 shareholders yet you throw a lot about as to their intentions. Take it you just make it up as you post? 

You do win the top prize as the village idiot.

Seriously 

Edited by Livi

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is everyone back fit for selection against Celtic?

Not much spin can be put on the season now right enough, all that's left is trying to get some wins and see if we can close the gap a bit, it would take a hell of a turnaround on our season's form to get more wins in the remaining 8 games than we've managed in the 30 games we've played. 

Would be great if Teto could play in the Championship next season, do we actually think there's a chance when he's still here, very frustrating. 

No-one was on crutches if that helps.

Mikey Devlin mumbling at the floor about how bad its been for the club and him personally. It was great as a sales evening TBH. Not criticising the guy for how he feels per se but the rest of the team were listening to him and hardly getting energized by it.

Yes; its been a very poor season but there are always positives. But, even if there weren't, there is a a way of dressing things up so that they don't sound so damn awful. Talk about the battle back to fitness; the determination to improve; players supporting each other etc. etc.

On 28/03/2024 at 07:13, Roger the cabin boy said:

Don’t worry about it. Anyone who tries to explain it to you doesn’t have a clue either.

11 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Applies to the village idiot’s post above.

A rare piece of self awareness on this thread. :1eye

10 hours ago, Durnford said:

No-one was on crutches if that helps.

Mikey Devlin mumbling at the floor about how bad its been for the club and him personally. It was great as a sales evening TBH. Not criticising the guy for how he feels per se but the rest of the team were listening to him and hardly getting energized by it.

Yes; its been a very poor season but there are always positives. But, even if there weren't, there is a a way of dressing things up so that they don't sound so damn awful. Talk about the battle back to fitness; the determination to improve; players supporting each other etc. etc.

I've spoken to Mikey a few times and every time he comes across as an absolute gentleman who can't do enough for fans but on the flip side, he's got an incredibly dour demeanor. On the flipside, you have a guy like Jason Holt who talks exactly as you'd expect a club captain to talk. 

30 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

12th and 22nd of April. Mark your calendars.

Hopefully John Ward has these dates marked too or else there’ll be a warrant for his arrest!

Lighten up a bit. You're too angry.