Livingston - all the threads merged

34 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I would think Devlin's extension has been triggered by now, but yes. 

It's telling that after Devlin left, Martindale spoke about needing a RB because what we had wasn't good enough. He signs Welch-Hayes who doesn't play and then uses Brandon who he himself said wasn't good enough. Kelly isn't good enough at this level either. Nottingham is pish beyond belief.

If the only requirement for being a defender is that you need to be over 6 foot then Sean Kelly qualifies as a defender. Unfortunately it isn't.

Livi will be in a relegation battle next year  they'll finish bottom,or in the play off spot

The likes of Dunfermline, Falkirk,Raith Rovers,Patrick Ayr,Morton,, will all have a bigger budget.

Every team in this league will get more gate money .Inverness  will not be as bad next season

Airdrie have a settled team, and should kick on

Livi's home support will be around 700, there  will be more away support from most teams in this division. at Almondvale

Martindale will still be here that's for sure,in 1 role or another,until he's gone Livi won't be able to put the brake's on this steep downward hill

11 minutes ago, Scrutinizer said:

Livi will be in a relegation battle next year  they'll finish bottom,or in the play off spot

The likes of Dunfermline, Falkirk,Raith Rovers,Patrick Ayr,Morton,, will all have a bigger budget.

Every team in this league will get more gate money .Inverness  will not be as bad next season

Airdrie have a settled team, and should kick on

Livi's home support will be around 700, there  will be more away support from most teams in this division. at Almondvale

Martindale will still be here that's for sure,in 1 role or another,until he's gone Livi won't be able to put the brake's on this steep downward hill

I don't think so, Rhys McCabe probably gets poached elsewhere and the squad picked apart a bit. Inverness are in a bad way financially and need to cut costs (even if they stay up). Sides like Partick/Dunfermline/Raith possibly yeah, but I don't see why we aren't similar enough to someone like Ayr or Morton.

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I don't think so, Rhys McCabe probably gets poached elsewhere and the squad picked apart a bit. Inverness are in a bad way financially and need to cut costs (even if they stay up). Sides like Partick/Dunfermline/Raith possibly yeah, but I don't see why we aren't similar enough to someone like Ayr or Morton.

I think reading between the lines he previous poster is suggesting Livi is in free fall. I would tend to agree and fear Livi could be in league 1 this time next year.

Livi will have a little more money next year given the balloon payments but will this line others packets (i.e lawyers) rather than the playing budget 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Heard a rumour that St Mirren have signed Bruce Anderson on a PCA. Any Livi fans heard similar ? Is he out of contract this summer.

He is out of contract. Was rumoured in January that he had signed for Kilmarnock though.

2 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

He is out of contract. Was rumoured in January that he had signed for Kilmarnock though.

No doubt he probably will sign for Killie and then score against us. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

No doubt he probably will sign for Killie and then score against us. :rolleyes:

Could he be one of the PCA’s mentioned by the Club in January ???? Hope he is 👍

Seeing as one definitely isn’t Spittal…..😲

4 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

He’s only ever completed 90 mins 17 times in 53 starts, that’s always concerned me. He’s run his race at Livingston. 

He has diabetes I think. I'm sure he had a diabetic fit during a game against Hibs once. Ever since then Martindale has seemed reluctant to use him for a full 90 and always seemed to rest him more. This could all be on the advice of medical staff but I've always felt Anderson has been underused by us. 

Anderson has always been Martindale's go-to excuse as well, "Wee Brucey has to do better wi that" 

Think Martindale just doesn't rate/like him, especially after he turned down the move to the Georgian(?) team.

He'll be away somewhere next season, wont be as bad because we'll be in the league below and not having to see him score against us.

Hopefully Yengi will still be here though, and would be a big boost if MacKay signs for us after his loan deal, we've options on him, but he might not want to come if/when we're relegated. Him and Yengi would be a really good pairing in attack.

1 hour ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

He has diabetes I think. I'm sure he had a diabetic fit during a game against Hibs once. Ever since then Martindale has seemed reluctant to use him for a full 90 and always seemed to rest him more. This could all be on the advice of medical staff but I've always felt Anderson has been underused by us. 

One of the Hibs players gave him advice on how to control it, and he wears a monitor, don't think its a problem for him playing. More that Martindale just wont give him the game time he should be getting, and has gone for Nouble and Guthrie over him.

36 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

One of the Hibs players gave him advice on how to control it, and he wears a monitor, don't think its a problem for him playing. More that Martindale just wont give him the game time he should be getting, and has gone for Nouble and Guthrie over him.

Aye I've always thought it could be a factor in him not playing as much but never the whole reason. Martindale's man management of Bruce has been abysmal. I do think it properly annoyed Martindale that he turned down the move to Georgia.

17 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Aye I've always thought it could be a factor in him not playing as much but never the whole reason. Martindale's man management of Bruce has been abysmal. I do think it properly annoyed Martindale that he turned down the move to Georgia.

Have to agree; Anderson is still a very good player. His confidence but be at about zero level with Martindale's use of him. Anderson was never an impact sub; he wears defenses down by chasing the ball and closing down players all of the time; then the gaps start to appear - you cant do that for the last ten minutes of a game.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Have to agree; Anderson is still a very good player. His confidence but be at about zero level with Martindale's use of him. Anderson was never an impact sub; he wears defenses down by chasing the ball and closing down players all of the time; then the gaps start to appear - you cant do that for the last ten minutes of a game.

Spot on 👍

I thought Brandon looked comfortable at centre mid again on Sunday. I don't mean he stood out or had a great game or anything but he was playing against Celtic. I mean he looked to have the attributes to play as a centre mid in the Championship next season. Full back to ball-winning centre mid isn't an unusual transition. Graeme Shinnie made that position switch in his mid-20s, so around Brandon's age. Closer to home, Kyle Jacobs used to perform equally well at full back or ball-winning centre mid.

15 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

I thought Brandon looked comfortable at centre mid again on Sunday. I don't mean he stood out or had a great game or anything but he was playing against Celtic. I mean he looked to have the attributes to play as a centre mid in the Championship next season. Full back to ball-winning centre mid isn't an unusual transition. Graeme Shinnie made that position switch in his mid-20s, so around Brandon's age. Closer to home, Kyle Jacobs used to perform equally well at full back or ball-winning centre mid.

Just a shame putting our best RB at CM meant Nottingham playing at RB as Maeda had the beating of him all game.