Livingston - all the threads merged

11 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

So… what’s John Ward been charged with?

Who are you expecting to answer this? Trumpty has deleted all his posts, or they’ve been removed.

Looks like you’re going to have to wait till the next court hearing and trial before anything comes out.

8 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Trumpty has deleted all his posts

An arse shitting of spectacular proportions, based entirely on the fact he knew he was bullshitting and got scared he could actually be sued.

Suspect, despite you all not being the same person/connected in any way beyond this site, you'll know exactly why the posts vanished though.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

An arse shitting of spectacular proportions, based entirely on the fact he knew he was bullshitting and got scared he could actually be sued.

Suspect, despite you all not being the same person/connected in any way beyond this site, you'll know exactly why the posts vanished though.

Sued for what?

John Ward is due in court for a criminal act, and it is the John James ward of Livingston football club. Are you still having trouble coming to terms with that fact? 

I don't think it's Trumpty that would have deleted his posts. It's most likely a moderator trying g to keep the forum from any potential court cases.

I've read this all twice now and I've still absolutely no idea what's going on. 

3 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I've read this all twice now and I've still absolutely no idea what's going on

Welcome to the club. At this point most of the sane fans have accepted there is some off field issues but nobody is really prepared to give us all the facts in black and white. 

I'm sure we will know more once the s**t hits the fan.

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I don't think it's Trumpty that would have deleted his posts. It's most likely a moderator trying g to keep the forum from any potential court cases.

I've read this all twice now and I've still absolutely no idea what's going on. 

Yes - not only have the posts been removed but all quotes from other people posts have also been removed. Somebody obviously spent a couple of hours sorting that mess out.

1 hour ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Welcome to the club. At this point most of the sane fans have accepted there is some off field issues but nobody is really prepared to give us all the facts in black and white. 

I'm sure we will know more once the s**t hits the fan.

Our fan base is just to fragmented to have a sensible conversation.  So no one really trusts anyone unless it seems you are uber positive about the football club.

There are clear ownership problems at the club. That in its self is very clear. When all said and done Rankine has caused a-lot of this as he has brought many if not all to the table.

The big issue (as i see it) Ward and Martindale seem to be running the ship but yet have no shareholding in the company that owns majority shareholding. That in its self is very strange. Thats not gossip or negativity thats fact according to CH

The club is losing money over last few years thats also very clear

The club is staring relegation right in front if it and that is also very clear

We can grumble and pretend we all have agendas but the fact of the matter is unless all these factual issues around ownership get resolved the club and fans will suffer end off

Edited by Livi

With all the uncertainty obviously we worry for peoples' jobs etc. but I also wonder about the ladies team and the academy. 

Both seem to be doing pretty well but have virtually no spectators. Funds are needed to keep these going; leastways with the academy there is the ability to fill some seats on the bench with "prospects" thus hopefully meaning we can have a smaller first team; but that doesn't apply for the woman's football.

Most of us are guilty, in as much as we haven't been along to watch them on their Sunday games, even though we get in free with our season tickets. I do, however, feel its important to have a senior woman's team in the area to encourage those developing into the game; the fact that they are doing well is a bonus.

It would be a real shame if these machinations put all that at risk.

19 minutes ago, Durnford said:

With all the uncertainty obviously we worry for peoples' jobs etc. but I also wonder about the ladies team and the academy. 

Both seem to be doing pretty well but have virtually no spectators. Funds are needed to keep these going; leastways with the academy there is the ability to fill some seats on the bench with "prospects" thus hopefully meaning we can have a smaller first team; but that doesn't apply for the woman's football.

Most of us are guilty, in as much as we haven't been along to watch them on their Sunday games, even though we get in free with our season tickets. I do, however, feel its important to have a senior woman's team in the area to encourage those developing into the game; the fact that they are doing well is a bonus.

It would be a real shame if these machinations put all that at risk.

Seeing as the only motivation for having either was to get a sufficient UEFA license to be eligible for UEFA competitions, I don’t foresee either having a long-term future.

I wonder how much money is required to run the women's team. My understanding is the players are not professional and are not paid, hence the high turnover of players. The coaching staff would be paid, I'd assume. The women's teams were initially created by absorbing an already established women's football club so there may already be funding from the original club. It would be a horrible shame for the women's team to be punished for the failings of the men's team, especially with how well the women are doing. I'd thoroughly recommend going along and watching them on a Sunday. Totally different atmosphere and the players are playing for the love of the game. They are also very welcoming with the players making an extra effort with fans, especially youngsters. Noticed the last few times I've been down there's a small group of young lads who sing songs and even have a drum, on occasion, in an attempt to build a bit of atmosphere which is fantastic to see.

13 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Who are you expecting to answer this? Trumpty has deleted all his posts, or they’ve been removed.

Looks like you’re going to have to wait till the next court hearing and trial before anything comes out.

Anyone who has the info or can point to where it is in the public domain. I’m not sure why that poster would say so much and not share what the charge was. 

57 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Seeing as the only motivation for having either was to get a sufficient UEFA license to be eligible for UEFA competitions, I don’t foresee either having a long-term future.

Yep, it all comes down to money, we scrapped the youth teams to start with when they brought in that project Braveheart nonsense, because we couldn't afford them. In the top flight we had several seasons where we were close to a Euro spot and just missing the cut for top 6, and had we got it we wouldn't make the criteria to qualify, so started up these teams to do so. Relegation will mean cuts to staff and anything else draining money, and unfortunately the only team that brings in money to keep the club going is the men's team.   

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep, it all comes down to money, we scrapped the youth teams to start with when they brought in that project Braveheart nonsense, because we couldn't afford them. In the top flight we had several seasons where we were close to a Euro spot and just missing the cut for top 6, and had we got it we wouldn't make the criteria to qualify, so started up these teams to do so. Relegation will mean cuts to staff and anything else draining money, and unfortunately the only team that brings in money to keep the club going is the men's team.   

Always though scrapping the youth team had more to do with throwing our toys out of the pram following Malky Mackay's Project Brave debacle rather than true financial decisions.

A few years back one of my sons volunteered as a coach on the youth teams. This meant that he could get his various badges and the club got his services for free; he wasn't the only one either. Yes; you need to pay out for kit etc. but a lot of that used to be covered by periodic bucket collections.

Some of the communications coming out at the time seemed to try and blame the SFA/SPFL/Brave for the need to curtail the youth system perhaps in the hope that they would change their mind. What actually happened was that various people expressed "regret" and then it all disappeared under the carpet.

Project Brave made no sense, or at least the way it was delivered, but our management hardly covered themselves in glory either.

Project Brave

20 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Always though scrapping the youth team had more to do with throwing our toys out of the pram following Malky Mackay's Project Brave debacle rather than true financial decisions.

A few years back one of my sons volunteered as a coach on the youth teams. This meant that he could get his various badges and the club got his services for free; he wasn't the only one either. Yes; you need to pay out for kit etc. but a lot of that used to be covered by periodic bucket collections.

Some of the communications coming out at the time seemed to try and blame the SFA/SPFL/Brave for the need to curtail the youth system perhaps in the hope that they would change their mind. What actually happened was that various people expressed "regret" and then it all disappeared under the carpet.

Project Brave made no sense, or at least the way it was delivered, but our management hardly covered themselves in glory either.

Project Brave

Iirc it wasn't just us that packed in the Youth teams after it was introduced, there were quite a few, and sure they cited the cost as their reason. Hopefully we keep them going next season, we haven't had the time since forming them to see any benefits yet, would be good seeing some coming up into the 1st team and getting some appearances, dropping down a division might enable us to do so.

6 hours ago, Livi said:

The big issue (as i see it) Ward and Martindale seem to be running the ship but yet have no shareholding in the company that owns majority shareholding. That in its self is very strange. Thats not gossip or negativity thats fact according to CH

Maybe just maybe this is one of the major reasons Ward didn't act on sacking Martindale this season given how poor a season it has been from a footballing perspective as neither are shareholders in the holding company (Oppco6) and they actually both need each other for whatever reason while they both remain at the club. 

It also intrigues me why Ward does not just walk away. He has no shareholding to loose. He tweeted (although think it's deleted now) that he is a volunteer. Seems alot of hassle for just being a volunteer. 

i have mo inside intel as to the reasons why. I am just calling it on the basis that club ownership (yet again 🙄) is the major issue right now.  

8 minutes ago, Livi said:

Maybe just maybe this is one of the major reasons Ward didn't act on sacking Martindale this season given how poor a season it has been from a footballing perspective as neither are shareholders in the holding company (Oppco6) and they actually both need each other for whatever reason while they both remain at the club. 

It also intrigues me why Ward does not just walk away. He has no shareholding to loose. He tweeted (although think it's deleted now) that he is a volunteer. Seems alot of hassle for just being a volunteer. 

i have mo inside intel as to the reasons why. I am just calling it on the basis that club ownership (yet again 🙄) is the major issue right now.  

You forgot to switch accounts.

1 hour ago, Livi said:

I agree he seems to have nothing to lose and it does seem like a lot of hassle for a volunteer - I think he even said he’s never claimed a penny in expenses.

If he’s got nothing to lose, is there something significant he stands to gain if he hangs around long enough?