Livingston - all the threads merged

Really disappointed and sad to see Livi bottom. Wish you well next season.

Hope to see you straight back up. Your teams record against old firm has been quality. Wish County could do that, against Rangers (never won ever). Celtic yes, but not Rangers. 

I personally still rate Martindale btw, top, top manager on low budget.

4 hours ago, Sonam said:

Really disappointed and sad to see Livi bottom. Wish you well next season.

Hope to see you straight back up. Your teams record against old firm has been quality. Wish County could do that, against Rangers (never won ever). Celtic yes, but not Rangers. 

I personally still rate Martindale btw, top, top manager on low budget.

Thanks for the kind words. I certainly feel an affinity with County along "fellow diddy club" lines and I imagine most Livi fans do. 

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

What time will the first Set Fare Taxi for Martindale shout get called in our next home game? 

Laughed a little too much at this and will do again if I hear it in the stands. Given I sit behind the stand I'll get a good view of Martindale's reaction as well. 

13 hours ago, Livi said:

Is it only me thats surprised that a taxi firm has 6 figures to throw at a Championship club 🤷‍♂️

I'm not a betting man but I'd bet good money that the club won't see half of that money.

I wonder if there’s a reason why the media aren’t reporting on the John Ward court case, Dave Black accusations. They both seem newsworthy. 

They certainly seem more credible stories than some of the deranged accusations towards the club that I’ve heard recently from people who’ve watched a few too many organised crime dramas. 

9 hours ago, mozam76 said:

I'm not a betting man but I'd bet good money that the club won't see half of that money.

Ha you might not be far wrong.

Edited by Livi

1 hour ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I wonder if there’s a reason why the media aren’t reporting on the John Ward court case, Dave Black accusations. They both seem newsworthy. 

They certainly seem more credible stories than some of the deranged accusations towards the club that I’ve heard recently from people who’ve watched a few too many organised crime dramas. 

Everyone is staying stoom on both fronts.

2 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Why would the media run a story based on what some random rangers fan said on Facebook?

Also as far as I'm aware there's nothing conclusive about it being the same John Ward that was in court? Very coincidental they'd have the same middle name mind, but John James is probably the most common name in Britain. 

Obviously doesn't mean they're not true, but I don't think the media are going to start running stories based on random Facebook or pie and bovril comments

12 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Why would the media run a story based on what some random rangers fan said on Facebook?

Also as far as I'm aware there's nothing conclusive about it being the same John Ward that was in court? Very coincidental they'd have the same middle name mind, but John James is probably the most common name in Britain. 

Obviously doesn't mean they're not true, but I don't think the media are going to start running stories based on random Facebook or pie and bovril comments

How Did the Term "Open a Can of Worms" Originate? | Mental Floss

14 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I’ve heard the Dave Black story from about 20 different people, several who work in and around the club, over several weeks. The situation with the management team leaving speaks for itself - the guy on the TalkLivi podcast mentioned “other circumstances around the club” more than once in this particular context.

2 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

I’ve heard the Dave Black story from about 20 different people, several who work in and around the club, over several weeks. The situation with the management team leaving speaks for itself - the guy on the TalkLivi podcast mentioned “other circumstances around the club” more than once in this particular context.

The management team situation was probably mostly down to the fact that the players hated the manager. Hence so many have left during the course of the season to sign elsewhere.

Doubt it had anything to do with the DB rumour.