Livingston - all the threads merged

Honestly, it sounds daft saying it but today was one of my favourites games of the season. Hopefully we can turn that into a bit of togetherness

On 04/05/2024 at 19:55, EdinburghLivi said:

Started typing up a long rant but can't be arsed now. It's shocking that we regressed so much from a comfortable finish last season (and not losing many key players) to this bin fire of a campaign. With all due respect to them as a football club, to be 10 points behind the worst side St. Johnstone have had in years is damning indictment on the Livingston management and players. 

Anyway, onto next season...

Goalkeepers
1. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Shamal George - 2026

Defenders
2. 🇮🇪 Shaun Donnellan - 2026
12. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jamie Brandon - 2025
14. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Miles Welch-Hayes - 2026
🇬🇧 Matthew Clarke - 2026

Midfielders
4. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 David Carson - 2025
8. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scott Pittman - 2026
10. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Stephen Kelly - 2025
18. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jason Holt - 2025
20. 🇱🇷 Mo Sangare - 2025 (1 year extension option)
40. 🇳🇬 Samson Lawal - 2026

Forwards
7. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Liam Sole - 2026 (1 year extension option)
16. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Steven Bradley - 2025
33. 🇦🇺 Tete Yengi - 2026
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Robbie Muirhead - 2026

In
Matthew Clarke - Linfield
Robbie Muirhead - Greenock Morton
Liam Sole - Maidstone United

Out
Daniel Mackay - Hibernian (Loan Return)
James Penrice - Heart of Midlothian

Out of Contract
Jack Hamilton
Cristian Montano
Mikey Devlin (2 year extension option)
Ayo Obileye
Michael Nottingham
Andrew Shinnie
Sean Kelly
Bruce Anderson
Joel Nouble
Kurtis Guthrie (1 year extension option)
Morgan Boyes

Decent enough squad to start off with, Stephen Kelly being the main stand out.

Jason Holt is to leave at the end of the season due to a relegation clause. Sounds like the club have triggered it due to financial reasons but nonetheless that's a big blow. 

At the time he signed I always thought he could have done better than us but he has been outstanding over the years. 

23 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

Jason Holt is to leave at the end of the season due to a relegation clause. Sounds like the club have triggered it due to financial reasons but nonetheless that's a big blow. 

At the time he signed I always thought he could have done better than us but he has been outstanding over the years. 

His absence on Saturday had me suspecting this. It's a huge blow, indeed, but it was also expected as he's our best player.

Pittman could well drop back to partner Brandon in centre mid now and that'd still be a strong duo.

The two wingers being signed recently suggests either the 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 is being lined up for next season.

Holt would've been a real luxury at Championship level, if we'd have kept a hold of him we'd be laughing going into next season. Sounds as if he'd have been happy to stay if he were on the same terms as in the prem. Too good a player to drop a league IMO. Brilliant attitude and a great professional, will be a loss for us but he'd still do a job at a bottom 6 club. 

Posted (edited)

If George and Holt are both as good as away I think that puts us about here so far:

lineup(1).png.6f6c766b6efcb5672fddb6543225bb8c.png

That's also assuming Nottingham and Devlin are kept on, just going to believe they are so there's no disappointment if it's officially announced.

I'm keeping the faith, next season we will see our boy 🇿🇦

Edited by LiviLion

8 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

If George and Holt are both as good as away I think that puts us about here so far:

lineup(1).png.6f6c766b6efcb5672fddb6543225bb8c.png

That's also assuming Nottingham and Devlin are kept on, just going to believe they are so there's no disappointment if it's officially announced.

I'm keeping the faith, next season we will see our boy 🇿🇦

That... actually looks not bad. 

4 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

That... actually looks not bad. 

Yep, obviously depends on if anyone else has relegation release clauses or any other reasons they'll be away but I think we're in decent shape atm. A goalkeeper (would even be happy with Flapjack tbf, he's looked good when he's stepped in this season), and a few more defenders and I'm happy.

My hope is that Finlayson being a right-back will mean that Nottingham is being emptied rather than Welch-Hayes.

Need centre backs in to suggest Devlin and Nottingham are being dumped.

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

My hope is that Finlayson being a right-back will mean that Nottingham is being emptied rather than Welch-Hayes.

Need centre backs in to suggest Devlin and Nottingham are being dumped.

According to transfermarkt he more often played centre back than right back this season. Transfermarkt isn't always reliable for its data from less prominent leagues, though, so that could be wrong. He's certainly centre back height at 6'2.

4 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

According to transfermarkt he more often played centre back than right back this season. Transfermarkt isn't always reliable for its data from less prominent leagues, though, so that could be wrong. He's certainly centre back height at 6'2.

He was a centre back when with us.

Think he only made 2 appearances and his brain and legs looked like they were operating independently of one another.

52 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He was a centre back when with us.

Think he only made 2 appearances and his brain and legs looked like they were operating independently of one another.

Ha! We're very well-accustomed to that type of centre back at Livi! Hopefully he has improved since then, though.

Obvious question is why is Martindale signing all these players (more to come according to his presser yesterday) if there is still a conversation to be had around his future at Livingston FC (thats his words not mine)

49 minutes ago, Livi said:

Obvious question is why is Martindale signing all these players (more to come according to his presser yesterday) if there is still a conversation to be had around his future at Livingston FC (thats his words not mine)

These deals were likely done months ago, it's not uncommon for clubs to announce signings after a manager has been sacked. Just waited for their season to be over before officially announcing it.

Although in those cases there's usually a separate director of football/head of recruitment who would still be trying to sign players, obviously a bit different with our jack of all trades.