Livingston - all the threads merged

There was a comment a while abck that the SFL were holding out of giving Massone the clubs fee or something. Perhaps these payments need to be contingent on certain financial obligations, reporting and sensible governorship... :unsure:

So when someone takes a risk, is that doing things outside of their means or are they a visionary?

Guest StevenC
There was a comment a while abck that the SFL were holding out of giving Massone the clubs fee or something. Perhaps these payments need to be contingent on certain financial obligations, reporting and sensible governorship... :unsure:

So when someone takes a risk, is that doing things outside of their means or are they a visionary?

I am led to believe that these payments have been made from the SFL however the transaction has been blocked by a creditor seeking payment.

MOre interesting stuff elsewhere. Someone with an ID AM (as in Angelo Massone) has posted on livinews... seems to be recommending certain actions, but not quite sure I believe what I think has been posted. Still trying to read and summarise.. but read it and see what you can make of it.

http://livinews.wordpress.com/2009/05/30/l...n/#comment-2060

Edited by ObserverFromAfar

MOre interesting stuff elsewhere. Someone with an ID AM (as in Angelo Massone) has posted on livinews... seems to be recommending certain actions, but not quite sure I believe what I think has been posted. Still trying to read and summarise.. but read it and see what you can make of it.

http://livinews.wordpress.com/2009/05/30/l...n/#comment-2060

OK - if it is Angelo Massone posting, there may be something lost in translation given that English is not his mother tongue. Therefore, what I think I have been reading may not be what he intended, but here is what I think is a summary:

1. LIvingston/his consortium is back in court in early June appealing against the award of LIvinite Spot funds of £300000 / £600000 to Pearse Flynn (see previous posts).

2. His consortium was the only show in town last year when the club was up for sale - where was the Trust? Why didn't they purchase the club then? Why is it only recently they want to take the club over? Certain thoughts posted by Massone, but not sure of the basis or legal implications of repeating them here.

3. The reasons why there are cash flow problems:

- The consortium are really not responsible for paying the "old" debts incurred prior to them purchasing the club.

- his consortium has "invested" money to pay the bills - and this has created a cash flow problem (not sure how that works...)

- this one I may have got wrong, but my interpretation of "The Board of Livingston FC announces any legal action against this organization that, using government aegis, is causing serious damage to Our club and to our business activity." is - if the creditors didn't use protection afforded to them by the laws of contract and stopped using the proper legal channels for seeking repayment of monies owed to them, there wouldn't be any problems!

4. Certain members of the Trust should resign.

Anyone agree/disagree or got more to add?

OK - if it is Angelo Massone posting, there may be something lost in translation given that English is not his mother tongue. Therefore, what I think I have been reading may not be what he intended, but here is what I think is a summary:

1. LIvingston/his consortium is back in court in early June appealing against the award of LIvinite Spot funds of £300000 / £600000 to Pearse Flynn (see previous posts).

2. His consortium was the only show in town last year when the club was up for sale - where was the Trust? Why didn't they purchase the club then? Why is it only recently they want to take the club over? Certain thoughts posted by Massone, but not sure of the basis or legal implications of repeating them here.

3. The reasons why there are cash flow problems:

- The consortium are really not responsible for paying the "old" debts incurred prior to them purchasing the club.

- his consortium has "invested" money to pay the bills - and this has created a cash flow problem (not sure how that works...)

- this one I may have got wrong, but my interpretation of "The Board of Livingston FC announces any legal action against this organization that, using government aegis, is causing serious damage to Our club and to our business activity." is - if the creditors didn't use protection afforded to them by the laws of contract and stopped using the proper legal channels for seeking repayment of monies owed to them, there wouldn't be any problems!

4. Certain members of the Trust should resign.

Anyone agree/disagree or got more to add?

The guy is an absolute loon :blink:

I cant decide whether he is desperate, stupid or at it :unsure:

It's now really kicking off on Livilions: Someone claiming to be Angelo Massone (maybe him / maybe not - but appears to really be him) has started off a new thread - difficult to sensibly summarise what I have just read apart from repeating "It's now really kicking off"

http://www.livilions.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16126

Edited by ObserverFromAfar

Did the "Trust" membership know about the statement their board made about the club which basically said they would back anyone except Massone to be in charge of the club ? Someone like Giovanni di Stefano would be ok then ?

I know a board is elected to take decisions but a big statement like that should be put to the membership and voted on first.

It like the Falkirk lot who sent the letter saying they wanted Yogi removed. In my view they are overstepping their remit. It just proves that Ged Nixon is using them as a vehicle for his own ends.

I must admit to being disappointed by the trust statement which seems to give credence to the idea that in order to save Livi, another well off businessman needs to ride to the rescue. I suppose if a short term fix is needed then that is a credible scenario because Massone will not deal with the trust and walk away with nothing if he thinks he currently has something.

This is a big tactical mistake by the trust because it erodes their moral high ground and allows the pro Massone camp (see above) to persist in the fantasy that the trust are glory hunters or egotists.

What the trust should have said is that no one can save the club except Massone and left it at that. What that means is open to wide interpretation, but at its core it is absolutely true - the actions of this man and his acolytes have broken the club and he needs to fix it.

Edited by banjo player

Guest zupa

You couldn't make it up....................shambles, absolute shambles.

Longmuir,Wishart, where are you ? .

Edited by zupa

That sums up my thoughts exactly. There are many clubs who are on the brink and if SPL2 comes about then the SFL would be in charge of half a dozen part time teams.

I think many SFL clubs would cut their cloth accordingly. But SPL2 won't happen if Setanta sinks.

If I were playing for Livi about now, I would feel no guilt in leaving.

Probably 'cause I know that any passion I feel for the club is not something which is mutual.

The promise of playing at a club you played for before and actually getting paid (job security) would have me make the leap.

The fact he went for free don't help Massone much though

:lol: it's laughable that the SFL are letting the continuing wage crisis go on and on. I think we all know whats going to happen and if they do survive , who in there right mind will sign for them !!!!!!!! :lol: PS give us Danny Griffin back.

:lol: it's laughable that the SFL are letting the continuing wage crisis go on and on. I think we all know whats going to happen and if they do survive , who in there right mind will sign for them !!!!!!!! :lol: PS give us Danny Griffin back.

Surely you should have been laughing all the way to the 'Livingston' thread with this breaking news?

Are we playing Livvy next season or will Airdrie FC be once again saved by Livingston going Tits up. SFL has two sort this out and soon. If Livingston survive till next season who in there right minds are going to sign for them. glad to see the lions supporters are so optimistic :( I feel sorry for Livvy fans, Your club is doomed as long as that arse hole is in charge. :angry:

Are we playing Livvy next season or will Airdrie FC be once again saved by Livingston going Tits up. SFL has two sort this out and soon. If Livingston survive till next season who in there right minds are going to sign for them. glad to see the lions supporters are so optimistic :( I feel sorry for Livvy fans, Your club is doomed as long as that arse hole is in charge. :angry:

The SFL have more than won( :rolleyes: ) option.

Hopefully they survive but it doesn't look great just now.

I think the other thread on the forum is covering all the Livingston issues anyway.