Livingston - all the threads merged

Just when you think you've read it all.

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news_010709_1.php

The Trust need to go public on that guff. Make a list of all the times that attempts were made to have a sensible discussion with Massone and were dismissed and issue it with a media release explaining exactly why the citizens of West Lothian will not support Massone and Rankine and quite simply don't under any circumstances, go near Almondvale on 4 July.

If there is tumbleweed blowing through the car park he will get the message, turning up to jeer or insult him will only make him worse.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly just starting on channel 5.

Could almost fit here. Would have to change it to The Mad, the Bad and the Ugly.

By the look of the three, you wouldn't trust any of them to go to the shop and get you a pint of milk.

I can't get livilions either. Maybe they have ALL finally exploded with rage!

Latest press coverage on the BBC at 15:30 ... Sheriff Officers serve notice.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/8128072.stm

Tonsilitis... what is your considered judgement on this latest "news" please?!!

"Livi on brink of administration

Almondvale Stadium, Livingston

Livingston owed rent for the use of Almondvale Stadium

Sheriff officers have served notice on Livingston as the football club moved closer to going into administration because of unpaid rent.

West Lothian Council had given the First Division club until midnight on Tuesday to pay around £300,000 for the use of Almondvale Stadium.

"Some months ago we agreed a deadline with the club's owners," it stated.

"That deadline has now passed and reluctantly we have now begun formal legal proceedings to recover the debt."

It leaves the West Lothian club on the brink of entering administration for the second time in their 14-year history. "

I can't really comment on it but suspect the way it is worded suggests someone at the BBC does not know the difference between an administration order and liquidation - or an eviction notice for that matter.

As I have previously said, administration is the only road that might (and its only a 'might') save the football club. As a process its a lot easier for the club to apply for it itself than it is for a creditor and so Mr Massone would really need to do the decent thing before liquidation is forced. I doubt if he will!

It seem like Livilions is down. Is this the same for all or is it just me?

Can we read anything sinister into this or has it just crashed because of all the rubbernecking that's going on?

Down for me too...must be all us nosy gits having a look :lol:

Down for me too...must be all us nosy gits having a look :lol:

CDE's finest hour, and the site doesn't have enough capacity! Thing is, a train wreck of any proportion always draws the crowds.

It might actually be time to call his bluff. Don't go on Saturday. Everyone should stay away and leave him to it. The power is off. He has utilized the money from Stadium House for purposes other than its intended purpose. Let him do his worst and let the club fold.

Then activate a pressure group to try to retain the league registration as another club. It just might be time to break with the past in a way that brings about radical change for the good.

There is 138 pages on this forum, and god knows how many on Livi Lions.

One thing shows clearly from both. is there a plan of action to save the club. Where is the plan of action to save the club. What groups are working seriously to save livi. I cant see any plan, only name calling and etc.

Should this club really be saved???

Edited by Numbers

One thing shows clearly from both. is there a plan of action to save the club. Where is the plan of action to save the club. What groups are working seriously to save livi. I cant see any plan, only name calling and etc.

From what I remember from LiviLions, its underwraps incase its used by other parties other than the Trust to save the club. It was shown if you went allong to a pub in Livi on a couple of Monday nights in May. Apparently, unless you are on the Trust committe, it's unlikely you'll be any the wiser.

At least that's my interpretation of the thread.

It might actually be time to call his bluff. Don't go on Saturday. Everyone should stay away and leave him to it. The power is off. He has utilized the money from Stadium House for purposes other than its intended purpose. Let him do his worst and let the club fold.

Then activate a pressure group to try to retain the league registration as another club. It just might be time to break with the past in a way that brings about radical change for the good.

I'd say that's not what we should do. In my mind, it's a choice of two things.

1) Go to the meeting and simply slaughter Massone, telling him where tae get to in no uncertain terms.

2) Protest outside the meeting, showing our disdain for the man is enough to keep us out of a room from him.

My personal preference is the second option.

For those that care, yes. But unfortunately there does not seem to be enough of them, as attendances at Almondvale over the years has shown.

For those that care, yes. But unfortunately there does not seem to be enough of them, as attendances at Almondvale over the years has shown.

Stirling Albion's figures are even lower but everyone's behind them (including me). Numbers don't come into the equation here: my club is being shafted hugely by a serial liar and that's all that should count. FOOTBALL fans will understand this.

I'd say that's not what we should do. In my mind, it's a choice of two things.

1) Go to the meeting and simply slaughter Massone, telling him where tae get to in no uncertain terms.

2) Protest outside the meeting, showing our disdain for the man is enough to keep us out of a room from him.

My personal preference is the second option.

I'd go for another protest too.

From what I remember from LiviLions, its underwraps incase its used by other parties other than the Trust to save the club. It was shown if you went allong to a pub in Livi on a couple of Monday nights in May. Apparently, unless you are on the Trust committe, it's unlikely you'll be any the wiser.

At least that's my interpretation of the thread. Unquote

So in other words the club is run by a fantasist and a secret society wants to take it over.

Far better it goes to the wall and a new team starts from scratch with the right people at the helm.

I really do feel very sorry for the Livi fans, but unless you start to publically announce plans to reclaim your club you almost certainly wont have one.