Livingston - all the threads merged

do the council not own the stadium ?, so why are the club responsible for it being safe ???

The club are tenants. I'd assume that in the lease agreement the club accept responsibility for upkeep of the stadium.

do the council not own the stadium ?, so why are the club responsible for it being safe ???

It's a commercial lease, if part of the stadium was found to be structurally defective then the council would have to fix it, but if the way they are using it (improper storage) is not in order, if there is no insurance, then a safety certificate can be refused.

I don't want Livi to go down the pan,every team has fans with unrealistic expectations of their team and wants big signings.

If boards indulge them irresponsibly then that's the boards fault not the fans,it's about time the SFA/SPL/SFL got their heads out their over expanded arses and tightened up regulations to protect clubs from daft boards and Chairmen in particular.

I don't want Livi to go down the pan,every team has fans with unrealistic expectations of their team and wants big signings.

If boards indulge them irresponsibly then that's the boards fault not the fans,it's about time the SFA/SPL/SFL got their heads out their over expanded arses and tightened up regulations to protect clubs from daft boards and Chairmen in particular.

The SFA/SPL/SFL are themselves made up of chairmen. Daft or otherwise. They're not going to invite scrutiny ;)

The SFA/SPL/SFL are themselves made up of chairmen. Daft or otherwise. They're not going to invite scrutiny ;)

I know, free junkets the order of the day,until there is more scrutiny nothing will change,every year it will be some club or other hanging on by their finger tips.

, The lovely surrounding with the trees meant that those who didn't support Massone could still support their team.

Jesus! That brings back memories of standing on Marionville Road watching Thistle having been turfed out of Meadowbank by the Blobby Sturmbrigaden!!

How the worm has turned :D

Thing is, and I'm sorry to make this post as repetitive as so many of the others but it appears the message still isn't getting though, but this is being talked about all in the past tense as if Livi fans are suffering for it now. They're not - yet. As it stands they're still maintaining a squad even now that's beyond their ability to pay for (and last time I looked at Livilions there were at least a couple of posters who thought they should be signing Simon Lynch, for example). Unless and until they bite the bullet and take steps to reduce the wage budget to something within their means, as Clyde have had to do in order to survive this summer, then even now and despite everything that's gone before they're still attempting to gain competitive advantage against more prudent clubs by spending money they don't have. Not only do I see no sign of the situation being addressed but I still don't see any great awareness of it among the support (with the odd exception).

I do agree that we will suffer a hell of a lot more & it's nowhere near as painfull now than it will be, I am also not defending what the club has done in it's short history, I don't mind people directing their anger at me because despite it all I am a Livi fan & this goes with the territory & even if that means people hate me I won't & can't change what I am.

Amen brother! :)

I do agree that we will suffer a hell of a lot more & it's nowhere near as painfull now than it will be, I am also not defending what the club has done in it's short history, I don't mind people directing their anger at me because despite it all I am a Livi fan & this goes with the territory & even if that means people hate me I won't & can't change what I am.

Well, your posts show that you've got more (metaphorical) balls than the dear, departed shat-it brigade ;)

Fair play. Nobody hates you. (Except maybe MCL.)

I've just got thicker skin than some. Or the fact that I'm a glutton for punishement! :P

You've got to have those qualities to support any diddy team IMO.

Thing is, and I'm sorry to make this post as repetitive as so many of the others but it appears the message still isn't getting though, but this is being talked about all in the past tense as if Livi fans are suffering for it now. They're not - yet. As it stands they're still maintaining a squad even now that's beyond their ability to pay for (and last time I looked at Livilions there were at least a couple of posters who thought they should be signing Simon Lynch, for example). Unless and until they bite the bullet and take steps to reduce the wage budget to something within their means, as Clyde have had to do in order to survive this summer, then even now and despite everything that's gone before they're still attempting to gain competitive advantage against more prudent clubs by spending money they don't have. Not only do I see no sign of the situation being addressed but I still don't see any great awareness of it among the support (with the odd exception).

Yeah, you and I are looking at this from a similar perspective. They're looking alright on the park aren't they - getting some very good pre-season results.

Kind of sickening after the slog we've had to get out of the Second Division to see them turning down guys like Patrick Noubisse because 'he's no better than what we already have'.

No doubt they'll build up a healthy points haul, early on, so that when they finally do go into adminstration and have to make all their players 'redundant', Raith and Ayr still won't catch them.

Yeah, you and I are looking at this from a similar perspective. They're looking alright on the park aren't they - getting some very good pre-season results.

Kind of sickening after the slog we've had to get out of the Second Division to see them turning down guys like Patrick Noubisse because 'he's no better than what we already have'.

No doubt they'll build up a healthy points haul, early on, so that when they finally do go into adminstration and have to make all their players 'redundant', Raith and Ayr still won't catch them.

Nah, they were pish towards the end of last season. No Griffiths this time round as well.