Livingston - all the threads merged

Guest Taeshire
3 Office Bearers (Jim Ballantyne, Brown McMaster, Donnie McIntyre) + 2 reps per Division = 9. I don't know why the divisional reps are, + sometimes Office Bearers double up as divisional reps.

EDIT TO ADD: I think David Longmuir also attends the meetings, but he has no vote on any issue.

I'd hope that Jim Ballatyne and anyone else with a conflict of interest would have taken no part in the discussion/decision.

If this was not the case might it not be seen as contrary to natural justice?

I'd hope that Jim Ballatyne and anyone else with a conflict of interest would have taken no part in the discussion/decision.

If this was not the case might it not be seen as contrary to natural justice?

It's documented that Ballantyne took no part in the discussion or decision making process whatever as he had a conflict of interest.

Not sure why people keep banging on about this- Ballantyne took no part in it.

The way things have been going they will tell us at 2.59 p.m. tomorrow that our game with Arbroath is off along with the Airdrie and Livi games.

Hmm... That might be a bit too quick for the SFL. I'd say 15 minutes into the second half.

Rumour of a press conference at Almondvale this afternoon according to radio reports, this doesn't sound good at all hate to say it but I think they are to announce that Livingston FC will be liquidated.

Have to agree, sounds grim. Unless they're announcing an Alamo-like 'fight to the death' appeal...

If one good thing can come out of this it is that a new Livingston FC could be reborn, run by the trust and fans, be completely debt free and hopefully playing in the East of Scotland League this season. A couple of years down the line we could see a new and improved Livingston FC playing in the Senior leagues again, hope I am wrong but not looking good, the old Livi are non viable.

Firstly would people please remember the EOSFL is a Senior league :rolleyes: ...!! Secondly, the EOSFL starts tomorrow, and I'd be astonished if any Livingston 2009 or such like could be put together within a short enough time to consider joining for this season. In fact, the EOSFL rules may not permit clubs to join while the season is in progress: I don't know. Still some twists to come IMO.

Edited by HibeeJibee

You could be right EL, total shambles what timezone is their 9 a.m. announcement meant to be in.

That did cross my mind! Just as well they put a year on the statement or there'd be a fair chance we'd be waiting until the next Friday, August 7 for an announcement.

Press conference could also be to indicate that they are fighting on, will appeal etc etc....

Another uber drama sound bite from McGruther beckons. Something along the lines of "reverse this decision and allow us to escape scot free or every kitten in Britain will die of a mystery illness this weekend". The usual administrator stuff.

Another uber drama sound bite from McGruther beckons. Something along the lines of "reverse this decision and allow us to escape scot free or every kitten in Britain will die of a mystery illness this weekend". The usual administrator stuff.

You're right there. What a balloon the man has been shown to be. Still think they'll fight on, why fold it up now?

Edited to add: won't surprise me now if the SFL wait for this "press conference" and let the triumvirate make the decision for them (as they have done with the Court of Session, McGruther, before).

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Guest Taeshire
It's documented that Ballantyne took no part in the discussion or decision making process whatever as he had a conflict of interest.

Just back from holiday, and wasn't aware of this, having checked the SFL website, it's certainly not documented there.

In fact reading the SFL website would lead you to beleive it was run by some dark and "secret society"

I just want to watch my team play a game of football on Saturday, is that really too much to ask from the buffoons at the SFL?

Rumour of a press conference at Almondvale this afternoon according to radio reports, this doesn't sound good at all hate to say it but I think they are to announce that Livingston FC will be liquidated.

How can the radio hear a "rumour" of a press conference?

They've either been told there is one, or they haven't...

I'd be delighted if I was an Airdrie United fan at this point. Not often that teams will get a second bite at the cherry like this.

I'm sorry - "second bite" ????

I count it 3 times now that @@@@@@@ United have been the beneficiary of a team going out of business or being relegated.

Now, that is one hell of a big cherry. Look forward to seeing them get humped every week - and lets see how many loyal fans they have then.

I have heard the meeting this morning was held up because a couple of the guys wanted a roll and sausage instead of bacon so David Longmuir had to run to the nearest cafe in order to get them.

I expect we will hear something in a couple of weeks time.

Just back from holiday, and wasn't aware of this, having checked the SFL website, it's certainly not documented there.

In fact reading the SFL website would lead you to beleive it was run by some dark and "secret society"

I just want to watch my team play a game of football on Saturday, is that really too much to ask from the buffoons at the SFL?

Fair enough, just that this has been repeated on a number of occasions that "Ballantyne took the decision" when it's not true.

Suspect that whatever happens later today you'll be cooling your heels. Livingston will either appeal, and the game will be off, or they'll cease to exist - either way Shire will have a blank weekend.

I have heard the meeting this morning was held up because a couple of the guys wanted a roll and sausage instead of bacon so David Longmuir had to run to the nearest cafe in order to get them.

I expect we will hear something in a couple of weeks time.

:lol:

funny, I got told one of the blazers slept in after the bowls overran last night, and he got to bed late.

Maybe taking it to the law courts that would be great fun :lol:

And would also, I believe, destroy any hopes we had of reaching the World Cup.

On the plus side, it will save us the humiliation of a trip to Norway next week...

What an utterly naive notion. He may not have officially voted but Ballantyne's influence is all over this decision.