Livingston - all the threads merged

Posters on the 8,400 post strong "Livingston-All Threads Merged" thread today reacted with dismay when the thread was relegated without warning to the third division by the Pie & Bovril management committee.

"We feel that, having bored the first division forum for the whole of last season, explained P&B Secretary Div, "that relegation to the third division gives this thread the best possible hope of survival on P&B".

However, a wide range of posters queued up to lament the almost inevitable extinction of the thread. "This is the death knell of the thread" complained KingfaetheSooth, who vowed to set up a Thread Trust in oder to ensure fair governance and a voice for all, with the thread finding its own level in future years. Meanwhile, the interested SkylineDrifter-qos75-Yoss consortium was urgently seeking a meeting with the authorities, to establish a new location for their nuanced observations on league management. "It's going to be very difficult" posted a tight lipped Yoss after crunch four hour crisis talks in an internet cafe in Kirkcaldy.

There are real fears that the collapse of the thread will have knock on effects in the local economy, with internet cafes across the country reporting a 448% drop in revenue in real terms, pointing to serried ranks of empty chairs previously occupied with Champions-League standard procrastinating fans. Virgin media bosses warned of the likelihood of administration after seeing a 2.7 GB-per-user-drop in bandwidth consumption in the last 24 hours. Most damningly, posters across Scotland now face the ghastly prospect of actually having to do some work.

As activity drained from the thread, with poster after poster leaving with a bitter "ah'm no slummin it doon here" valediction, at the eleventh hour, a cigar smoking Stadio delle Almondvale arrived to announce that he was here to save the thread, and that he was ready to write 60,000 posts immediately, in order to ensure its short term survival.

He was last seen being pursued by an angry mob from the internet, however, whilst the discussion sank to the humiliating oblivion of page four on the third division forum, falling below little visited titles such as Update on Chris Jardine's toenail fungus, Berwick's new fourth change strip available to pre-order online, and the Prohibition of Promotion for Montrose Football Club (Scotland) Act 1996

:( .

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, I know - I used to watch them occasionally in the early 80's when I was a student in Edinburgh and couldn't get back to Dumfries for QOS games. ;)

Did you? I don't remember you mentioning it before. Meadowbank! fancy that?

What team do you support now you're down south?

QUOTE (larry the lion @ Aug 5 2009, 22:53) post_snapback.gifSome of these posts are unbelievable! :barf

The way some of you are gloating is quite repulsive and perverse considering the overall state of Scottish football and the likelyhood of this repeating itself in the not too distant future. Your provincial, narrow minded, short visioned tripe spewing from your keyboards reminds me we, as livi fans, now have NOTHING to be ashamed of. NO-ONE to apologise to, no one to ask to be kind and not harsh. GIRUY. Why the harshest penalty possible, because only then did it secure promotion for two other clubs. Cynical? That word doesn't even cover it. One trouser leg up, get licking those frogs boys!

What a scene today in the meeting eh? The Airdrie chairman chairing the meeting that will see his club get promoted, Black, red faced and passionate, rallying the old gaurd. What a conspiracy of wanks! The SFL that is bigger than the rest of us and been around 100 years pish is easy to spout when it suits you. 5 minutes ago they were hell spawn and utterly redundant in your opinions! Plus the members effectively said, NO to the SFL policy of allowing Livi to continue. "oh but mumsy wumsy, now livi will have an unfair advantage in the lower leagues and might just bounce back up!" FFS !! Admit it, you just don't like to see other teams succeed because you are tight, mean and cynical MTF.

Pathetic, what a bunch of miserable misers (mostly). I hope the boot is on the other foot sometime, and oh boy, I don't think we'll have long to wait.....

To those amongst you who have been gracious and supportive of us, I apologise for my tirade.

Everyone else, ask yourselves how you would feel in our position and get a grip.

Livingston -

Will we pay our rent? No.

Will we pay our electricity bill? No.

Will we pay taxes? No.

Will we pay Council Tax? No.

What about wages? No.

Small firms that rely on prompt payments? No.

Health & safety certificates and compliance? No.

What about a manger? No - sack him and his cronies and give them f**k all.

What about all the people that rely on Livingston paying their way so these people in turn can pay their mortgages and feed their families? f**k them as well.

What we will do is convince full-time players to play for nothing while all our competitors pay the above bills. That way we can hopefully march up the league while our rivals have go part-time to pay their debts. Then we can bask in the glory of being a successful team.

Is that what you call right, morally just or fair? You must have a few screws loose if you think the above is acceptable behaviour to everyone else involved in Scottish Football who has had to endure pain to survive while you f**k everyone. Again.

Posters on the 8,400 post strong "Livingston-All Threads Merged" thread today reacted with dismay when the thread was relegated without warning to the third division by the Pie & Bovril management committee.

"We feel that, having bored the first division forum for the whole of last season, explained P&B Secretary Div, "that relegation to the third division gives this thread the best possible hope of survival on P&B".

However, a wide range of posters queued up to lament the almost inevitable extinction of the thread. "This is the death knell of the thread" complained KingfaetheSooth, who vowed to set up a Thread Trust in oder to ensure fair governance and a voice for all, with the thread finding its own level in future years. Meanwhile, the interested SkylineDrifter-qos75-Yoss consortium was urgently seeking a meeting with the authorities, to establish a new location for their nuanced observations on league management. "It's going to be very difficult" posted a tight lipped Yoss after crunch four hour crisis talks in an internet cafe in Kirkcaldy.

There are real fears that the collapse of the thread will have knock on effects in the local economy, with internet cafes across the country reporting a 448% drop in revenue in real terms, pointing to serried ranks of empty chairs previously occupied with Champions-League standard procrastinating fans. Virgin media bosses warned of the likelihood of administration after seeing a 2.7 GB-per-user-drop in bandwidth consumption in the last 24 hours. Most damningly, posters across Scotland now face the ghastly prospect of actually having to do some work.

As activity drained from the thread, with poster after poster leaving with a bitter "ah'm no slummin it doon here" valediction, at the eleventh hour, a cigar smoking Stadio delle Almondvale arrived to announce that he was here to save the thread, and that he was ready to write 60,000 posts immediately, in order to ensure its short term survival.

He was last seen being pursued by an angry mob from the internet, however, whilst the discussion sank to the humiliating oblivion of page four on the third division forum, falling below little visited titles such as Update on Chris Jardine's toenail fungus, Berwick's new fourth change strip available to pre-order online, and the Prohibition of Promotion for Montrose Football Club (Scotland) Act 1996

Superb.

Bob backs Livi There is no love lost between the clubs, but that did not stop Dundee chairman Bob Brannan expressing support for relegated Livingston today (writes Tom Duthie). Since 2005 — when the Dark Blues were relegated, but felt Livi should have gone down because of the Hassan Kachloul affair — fans of the two clubs have not seen eye to eye. However, Brannan revealed today Dundee have contacted the SFL to express their dismay at Livi being relegated to the Third Division for falling into administration.

“People know there is no great love between Livingston and Dundee, but that does not mean we can sit by quietly and watch when a fellow- member club has been wronged,” said the Dens Park chairman.

“I have written to David Longmuir (league chief executive) to express our disappointment at what we feel is an inappropriate punishment. There are some very difficult economic times ahead and, if every club that goes into administration is relegated to the Third Division, we could have a very big bottom division by the end of the year.”

Taken from tonight's Dundee Telegraph.

Bob backs Livi There is no love lost between the clubs, but that did not stop Dundee chairman Bob Brannan expressing support for relegated Livingston today (writes Tom Duthie). Since 2005 — when the Dark Blues were relegated, but felt Livi should have gone down because of the Hassan Kachloul affair — fans of the two clubs have not seen eye to eye. However, Brannan revealed today Dundee have contacted the SFL to express their dismay at Livi being relegated to the Third Division for falling into administration.

"People know there is no great love between Livingston and Dundee, but that does not mean we can sit by quietly and watch when a fellow- member club has been wronged," said the Dens Park chairman.

"I have written to David Longmuir (league chief executive) to express our disappointment at what we feel is an inappropriate punishment. There are some very difficult economic times ahead and, if every club that goes into administration is relegated to the Third Division, we could have a very big bottom division by the end of the year."

Taken from tonight's Dundee Telegraph.

At least someone can see the woods for the trees.

SPL-8 TEAMS

DIV 1-6 TEAMS

DIV 2-6 TEAMS

DIV 3-22 TEAMS

League reconstruction by accident.

SPL-8 TEAMS

DIV 1-6 TEAMS

DIV 2-6 TEAMS

DIV 3-22 TEAMS

A fairly ludicrous claim unless you believe that 22 teams will go into administration in the same season.

SPL-8 TEAMS

DIV 1-6 TEAMS

DIV 2-6 TEAMS

DIV 3-22 TEAMS

I think the difference is between going into administration, and breaching insolvency rules. I'm not entirely sure the two amount to the same thing. As far as I was aware administration meant a points penalty deduction. I might be talking bollocks though.

A fairly ludicrous claim unless you believe that 22 teams will go into administration in the same season.

Over-egging it a bit saying 12 clubs but I'll bet there are more than 12 close to the edge.

Where do Div 3 teams go if they go into admin?

:lol::lol::lol:

Guest Taeshire
I think the difference is between going into administration, and breaching insolvency rules. I'm not entirely sure the two amount to the same thing. As far as I was aware administration meant a points penalty deduction. I might be talking bollocks though.

Only the english FA have rules for punishing teams going into administration, in Scotland we seem to prefer to make the rules up as we go along, there is no set punishment sadly.

Hence why we find ourselfs in the current situation.