Livingston - all the threads merged

Get over yourselves,even to my untrained eye the end result will be Livingston starting the season in the 1st Division. No points deduction can be applied. As for the not fulfilling a fixture!what fixture? Livingston are a 1st Division club who for some reason were asked to play a team from Division 3.

I am not defending Livingston,just stating obvious facts.

Right, well, my 4 days of effective isolation with little more than P&B and the Livingston fiasco for entertainment comes to an end tomorrow... so I'll be "bidding adieu" to 40-posts-a-day from now.

I know you'll struggle on without me, if missing my rather sad ability to quote the rulebook - but I leave you in the capable hands of Skyline Drifter (who I've managed to confound twice in 2 days: on meteoric issues of whether or not David Longmuir has a vote on the SFL MC as well as a place, + the vagaries of the player insurance payment plan ;) ); Yoss; and Sir Callum Melville. To quote Douglas Bader "Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men."... And to quote Douglas Macarthur "Rules are mostly made to be broken and are too often for the lazy to hide behind" :lol:... nevertheless rules are rules, and are the basis of all the multiplicity of issues at hand here.

From a personal point of view, I was appalled by today's actions from Livingston FC - both leaving their appeal until 10 minutes before close of business, and scratching from a fixture - and surely the authorities will end up taking further sanctions because of it. However, I'm also mindful that a lot of Livingston fans are probably utterly appalled - and utterly helpless - over todays actions. So let's bear that in mind. Football fans want to watch football games - not wait on appeal hearings.

Meanwhile, I shall be off to Berwick tomorrow: hoping that we can possibly 'scratch' out a victory!!

Edited by HibeeJibee

Circling the wagons down at Livi Lions.. I seem to have been barred as well now. For what I have no fucking idea..

Just as I was getting punted I was about to ask the residents a very pertinent question. Seeing as that chance has been taken away I will ask the question here..

This is for Livi fans only......

Quite simply...

What punishment would be acceptable and fair to you as a Livi fan?

Circling the wagons down at Livi Lions.. I seem to have been barred as well now. For what I have no fucking idea..

Have others been banned as well, apart from you and Millfield Marksman?

Surely, they provide a reason. How long's the ban for?

Have others been banned as well, apart from you and Millfield Marksman?

Surely, they provide a reason. How long's the ban for?

No official reason (though, TBF, I was warned yesterday, publicly and privately, that I was getting up some people's noses).

The ban lasts until 8pm August 14th

In the spirit of Livvy, I'm going to blame the few pints after work. :D

Edited by Millfield Marksman

Booting the gloaters is one thing. But awkward questions and rule books are now beyond the pale. It's a bit like the SFL :lol:

Everybody in the entire world is wrong and Livi are right seems to be the party line now.

I'm well angry with this as I have never taken any pleasure out of their plight, although I have not been afraid to tell it how I see it..A fucking disgrace.

Everybody in the entire world is wrong and Livi are right seems to be the party line now.

I'm well angry with this as I have never taken any pleasure out of their plight, although I have not been afraid to tell it how I see it..A fucking disgrace.

It could have been worse. You could have been banned for life. :ph34r:

Guest Travelling Man

Regular readers in recent weeks will know that I have warned how tenacious Rankine would be in pursuit of getting control at Livi. That hasn't changed, so far as I can see. But I think that refusing to play at East Stirling tomorrow is a major error of judgment on the part of the consortium which will simply alienate other clubs and the SFL and will do the club and its supporters no favours at all. What it needs are friends, not enemies. Just wanted to put that on record.

Gotcha. So, Livvy have said they will appeal but the appeal only becomes a 'real thing' when presented at the SGM

Yes, that's pretty much it.

"...appeal to a Special General Meeting of the League..." means literally that: being in a room with the SGM and presenting a case to them. Right now, all Livi have done is formally expressed their desire to appeal and paid the £500, which means the SFL must now convene said SGM.

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

I, as a point of principle will not return to there site even if they do survive. Fukem :angry:

The odd thing was that there didn't appear to be too much open hostility shown by the majority of the punters - a good few will have read past my posts leaving me to it, I'm sure

Edited by Millfield Marksman

personally it does'nt really bother me which division my team are in this season,but i do agree that livi should be punished for the breach of rules.i also think that what mcdoug said in the papers during the week was a joke.he must have realised that they would'nt get off scott free,the same happened to gretna who were booted to the third.and lets face it it's not the first time livi have broken the rules now is it <_<

Couldn't you two who have been banned from Livi Lions appeal and keep posting during the appeal process?

Maybe you should issue a joint statement on here that you intend to turn up at Livi Lions with the intention of posting, since you're not officially banned until the appeals process has been completed.

Even though you agreed to abide by their rules when you joined their site, any punishment they deem fit to dish out to you should automatically be discounted, since you never agreed that you would abide by their decisions in the first place. Pending appeal, of course.

Hold on a second....

Couldn't you two who have been banned from Livi Lions appeal and keep posting during the appeal process?

Maybe you should issue a joint statement on here that you intend to turn up at Livi Lions with the intention of posting, since you're not officially banned until the appeals process has been completed.

Even though you agreed to abide by their rules when you joined their site, any punishment they deem fit to dish out to you should automatically be discounted, since you never agreed that you would abide by their decisions in the first place. Pending appeal, of course.

Hold on a second....

I hope someone posts that on the site :D

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Some of the posters on there are clearly living in a different world.