Livingston - all the threads merged

But as SCM regularly observes... it depends on your intrepretation of 'appeal', and intepretation of whether a clubs 'appeal' exists from [1] the moment the club appeals; or [2] the moment the SGM convenes. The SFL are not thick, they aren't idiots, so lets not all go around pretending that they have got it all wrong and Livi/McGruther/Livi fans have got it all right ;) . The only way to settle it finally is in a Court of Law, and the issue over the appeal is not going to end up in a Court of Law.

:lol: Good one!!

:lol: Good one!!

:huh: jokes apart, point stands: they will be as convinced they're right as McGruther is. All pettiness aside, David Longmuir & Co didn't reach their positions or build their careers by being simpletons.

Edited by HibeeJibee

76.4 The appeal shall, however, be deemed to have succeeded unless the decision of the Management

Committee is supported by a majority of the votes cast at the said Special General Meeting.

Appeal received and acknowledged by the SFL on Friday pm. Livi remain in Division 1 till appeal is heard. Livi offer to play at Ross County. Strangely refused by SFL who in effect were ignoring their own rules regarding Saturday's fixtures. They are confused poor things. They have been asked to think more than once in a week. Sad for them I am. :rolleyes:

They have sought leave to appeal. Until that time, they remain a third division side who have subsequently refused to fulfill a fixture.

Hot dog - we have a weiner :rolleyes:

:lol:

Ah, the good ol' "I didnt get it so it wasnt funny" routine :rolleyes:

You two make a wonderful double act. Ever thought of getting together and running a football club?

Only if you promise to join us as club mascot " cunty the clown" :P

bobby-the-clown.jpg

But as SCM regularly observes... it depends on your intrepretation of 'appeal', and intepretation of whether a clubs 'appeal' exists from [1] the moment the club appeals; or [2] the moment the SGM convenes. The SFL are not thick, they aren't idiots, so lets not all go around pretending that they have got it all wrong and Livi/McGruther/Livi fans have got it all right ;) . The only way to settle it finally is in a Court of Law, and the issue over the appeal is not going to end up in a Court of Law.

So if it is [2] then the rule I quoted is only effective for a couple of hours on that day while the case is going on. Don't think so somehow. There would be no need for the rule at all if that was the case.

They have sought leave to appeal. Until that time, they remain a third division side who have subsequently refused to fulfill a fixture.

Ah so they have only sought leave to appeal. So Thursday's meeting has only been called to let them know if their request for leave to appeal has been granted. Right thats cleared it. Then once they have been given leave to appeal they will then appeal. It's all so simple isn't it.

So if it is [2] then the rule I quoted is only effective for a couple of hours on that day while the case is going on. Don't think so somehow. There would be no need for the rule at all if that was the case.

If you don't understand the point, don't go making indisputable statements like you did earlier... option [2] works fine. You submit an intention to appeal, and £500... the appeal is the meeting itself. Should the meeting fail to support the Management Committee's original decision... then the appeal is upheld. This is the interpretation of myself, Sir Calum Melville - many others, and presumably SFL.

Obviously McGruther (+ presumably the Livi 5) believe the opposite: but only a Court can judge...

On an entirely seperate matter... if Livi remain in Div 3 after Thursday, they have a home game on the Saturday. Has Almondvale got a safety certificate? If not... will you end up scratching this tie?

Edited by HibeeJibee

Well, I'd argue that [1] & [2] are one and the same, because my interpretation of the rule is that an appeal is literally made to the SGM, i.e. Livi haven't appealed, but only registered their intention to appeal (by paying the £500 deposit).

No, the rule is definitely needed, since it defines exactly how an appeal is deemed to have succeed (or not).

It's another way of saying "a club has successfully appealed if a majority don't vote in favour of the Management Committee's original decision".

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

I keep getting cut off but no message for banning. I've asked the mods but just got ignored, surely I'm not that bad am I? could you get that code thing from your forum I saw the other day? the one for IP addresses & pm it to me? :(

I have no idea what you are talking about :blink: