Livingston - all the threads merged

This was confirmed a while back... this is a scheduled meeting of the SFL MC and therefore the likely place for any decision to be taken. However whether any action is actually taken is another matter...

EDIT TO ADD: Wouldn't it be better to just merge this in with the mammoth gargantuan Livi thread?

When was 'a while back, may I ask?

It it was 'confirmed' then, surely you'd expect the clubs to be aware of this.

Maybe not. Only when they received the agenda for the SFL MC meeting perhaps (and in fact, not all clubs have a rep on the MC... only 2 per division?). I deduced that it would be then, certainly...

We lost the return game, I don't really see any need for a points deduction. SFL should reimburse East Sitrling for their incompetence.

No, Livi should reimburse East Stirling for scratching a fixture.

They should also be deducted enough points to make promotion unlikely.

We lost the return game, I don't really see any need for a points deduction. SFL should reimburse East Stirling for their incompetence.

Suggesting the SFL (i.e. all 30 member clubs) compensate ES for Livi having scratched a game, when the SFL had done everything possible (to give Livi time to appeal and put the game off until it got so close to the day as to make it untenable), is ridiculous... I believe they should fine Livi 10 points, but the very least then can do is invoke the requisite rule (to which there is no appeal) - to force Livi to pay ES for actual loss accrued. If Livi believe so much in 'natural justice', they can pay for getting it!!

Edited by HibeeJibee

Suggesting the SFL (i.e. all 30 member clubs) compensate ES for Livi having scratched a game, when the SFL had done everything possible (to give Livi time to appeal and put the game off until it got so close to the day as to make it untenable), is ridiculous... I believe they should fine Livi 10 points, but the very least then can do is invoke the requisite rule (to which there is no appeal) - to force Livi to pay ES for actual loss accrued. If Livi believe so much in 'natural justice', they can pay for getting it!!

The whole situation was a farce. The decision was always going to effect East Stirling financially if we scratched the game because they would have paid for things to be used on the Tuesday/Wednesday before the game. The game should have provisionally postponed immediately in the aftermath of the meeting so East Stirling wouldn't have lost as much money should we have decided to.

To blame us for doing what we were originally allowed to do (well within the time allowed for appeal, I might add), is completely unfair.

The whole situation was a farce. The decision was always going to effect East Stirling financially if we scratched the game because they would have paid for things to be used on the Tuesday/Wednesday before the game. The game should have provisionally postponed immediately in the aftermath of the meeting so East Stirling wouldn't have lost as much money should we have decided to.

To blame us for doing what we were originally allowed to do (well within the time allowed for appeal, I might add), is completely unfair.

:lol:

What a crock of shit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/8319573.stm

I see Fifa have suspended the Chelsea signing ban pending their appeal being heard.

Seems the status quo is to prevail while the appeal is pending. :rolleyes:

And that's got f**k all to do with the Livi (cheating scum) situation.

CAS rules say the status quo remains; SFL rules do not.

And that's got f**k all to do with the Livi (cheating scum) situation.

CAS rules say the status quo remains; SFL rules do not.

Hamilton was docked several points when that club failed to fulfill a fixture: a precedent, perhaps? This is a very boring topic, but the full-time club seem to be (now) enjoying life in the third division, with all these victories against part-time teams from the 'lower orders'. They will even have to come back to Cliftonhill: how ghastly!