Livingston - all the threads merged

Would it? Seems very lenient given the "crime" committed.

Also, I would question the wisdom of fining a club so recently out of administration. In fact, in the current financial climate Im not sure monetary fines are the right thing under any circumstances - unless a club has actually profited financially - would points deductions not be more of a deterrent?

Aww... How thoughtful of you.

If they've been let off with a fine, it's completely abhorrent and has set a dangerous precedent.

What would have stopped Dundee from saying they weren't playing Queen of the South last week because our best player was away on international duty? I'm sure £3,000 would have been raised from somewhere so as to make sure we could play the game with Griffiths here.

In fact, my wording of that has brought out exactly what this is: clubs can now buy their way out of playing a fixture on the original date. For some, £3,000 is bargain-basement if means they get an extra week or so for players to recover from injury.

Edited by The Master

Aww... How thoughtful of you.

You're welcome :)

If they've been let off with a fine, it's completely abhorrent and has set a dangerous precedent.

What would have stopped Dundee from saying they weren't playing Queen of the South last week because our best player was away on international duty? I'm sure £3,000 would have been raised from somewhere so as to make sure we could play the game with Griffiths here.

In fact, my wording of that has brought out exactly what this is: clubs can now buy their way out of playing a fixture on the original date. For some, £3,000 is bargain-basement if means they get an extra week or so for players to recover from injury.

Good point. I hadnt thought of the opposite end of the spectrum but, as you rightly point out, a club with financial resources could simply pick and choose when they want to fulfill fixtures.

If Livy do only get a fine, then it sets a very dangerous precedent. And we all know how livy fans like their precedents :rolleyes:

If this is true I've 2 questions: [1] is it a fine or is it a compensation measure to East Stirling?; [2] does it not risk the setting of a dangerous precedent namely, clubs unhappy with SFL MC decision can refuse to pay and just pay a fine?

Edited by HibeeJibee

I'm not saying whether it was right or wrong, but if this is the case I am really disappointing by the response. I thought the internet would have exploded with self righteous fans of other clubs coming in here and moaning.

Disappointing.

I'm not saying whether it was right or wrong, but if this is the case I am really disappointing by the response. I thought the internet would have exploded with self righteous fans of other clubs coming in here and moaning.

Disappointing.

Its kind of hard to be self righteous when nothing has been officially announced ;)

Disappointing.

Give it time, the resident self righteous pr1cks haven't been on yet. :lol:

Would it? Seems very lenient given the "crime" committed.

Also, I would question the wisdom of fining a club so recently out of administration. In fact, in the current financial climate Im not sure monetary fines are the right thing under any circumstances - unless a club has actually profited financially - would points deductions not be more of a deterrent?

If you're truly concerned about the effect a fine has on our finances then wanting a 15 point penalty goes against that, as the consequences of a points deduction far outway a £3,000 fine, making sure we stay in the 3rd Div for at least another season would cost us far more than £3,000, and we all know the SFL only do what they concider to be helpful to Livi's, like relegating us 2 Divisions proved to be. ;)

If you're truly concerned about the effect a fine has on our finances then wanting a 15 point penalty goes against that, as the consequences of a points deduction far outway a £3,000 fine, making sure we stay in the 3rd Div for at least another season would cost us far more than £3,000, and we all know the SFL only do what they concider to be helpful to Livi's, like relegating us 2 Divisions proved to be. ;)

A £3,000 fine, thats easily paid from the indirect sponsorship of LFC by West Lothian Council.

Something smells and it aint my arse!!

If that's true that's absolutely shocking, especially considering the fact that when we said we were going to scratch the replay we immediately got told we would be docked 15 points, yet Livi get away with a fine for doing exactly that, disgraceful but then again nothing surprises me anymore with the SFL.

Yes, it would "cost" you more than £3000, but the effect would be relative. Fining Livy now has a direct impact on their current financial position. Deducting points would only have an effect on future finances, which Livy would have plenty of time to budget for. Staying in the 3rd division would mean the club had to exist on a lower income by spending less money. A concept, I realise, it is wholly unfamiliar with, but trust me such a thing is possible.

The actual "cost" of a points deduction would be £0, in relative terms.

A £3,000 fine, thats easily paid from the indirect sponsorship of LFC by West Lothian Council.

Something smells and it aint my arse!!

Its probably the shit coming out your own mouth (or in this case of your keyboard) :D

If that's true that's absolutely shocking, especially considering the fact that when we said we were going to scratch the replay we immediately got told we would be docked 15 points, yet Livi get away with a fine for doing exactly that, disgraceful but then again nothing surprises me anymore with the SFL.

Got too agree that would be a ridiculous inconsistency and anything other than a points deduction is just a let off although im sure if the Loons had too go to Peterhead or somewhere with no players and the chance of an almost double digit tanking we could always refuse and not worry about any threats from the SFL ......