Livingston - all the threads merged

I had heard that story too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Livingston 5, owners of Livi, have had their credit limit lowered and their risk score went up.

So what happened at the AGM? Did enough people turn up this time? There's no news anywhere of the meeting.

Still no fan on the board and the 4 "Trust" board members that were supposed to form some sort of committee haven't been picked. I hear that there is a bit of real animosity towards Neil Rankine from the "Trust" too. There's a real possibility they will withdraw the matchday volunteers for one of the home games coming up as a protest.

Don't know and have not heard of any animosity but it would not surprise me considering that there are still trust members who support Nixon and that Nixon is trying to use the Trust as a mechanism to secure support and work with the trust to annoy and work against the Club.

Not a good move considering that the trust are there to support the club and not work against them.

Interesting times

Don't know and have not heard of any animosity but it would not surprise me considering that there are still trust members who support Nixon and that Nixon is trying to use the Trust as a mechanism to secure support and work with the trust to annoy and work against the Club.

Not a good move considering that the trust are there to support the club and not work against them.

Interesting times

I had heard that story too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Livingston 5, owners of Livi, have had their credit limit lowered and their risk score went up.

So what happened at the AGM? Did enough people turn up this time? There's no news anywhere of the meeting.

Regarding the 4 trust members who are the committee there names are on the company profile on the livi website.

There names are under he directors and have been for the last 6 weeks or so

Still no fan on the board and the 4 "Trust" board members that were supposed to form some sort of committee haven't been picked. I hear that there is a bit of real animosity towards Neil Rankine from the "Trust" too. There's a real possibility they will withdraw the matchday volunteers for one of the home games coming up as a protest.

Regarding the 4 trust members who are the committee there names are on the company profile on the livi website.

Ah, they sneaked that one in. Didn't see it announced or spoken about anywhere. So, have the Operating Committee met yet and where can we see the minutes? :D

I think that a lot of livi supporters seem to think that the court case is between Rankine and Nixon, it's not, it's between Nixon and Livingston Football Club and any right minded Livingston Fans that support someone that is trying to close your club down is down right wrong.

Actually it's between Nixon and Rankine, and Livingston fc will suffer the collateral damage. Clash of two ego's and the football club will be the casualty.

I doubt either of them will be a winner if the club goes into admin as both will lose every penny they've put in, there's no assets to claim from.

Actually it's between Nixon and Rankine, and Livingston fc will suffer the collateral damage. Clash of two ego's and the football club will be the casualty.

I doubt either of them will be a winner if the club goes into admin as both will lose every penny they've put in, there's no assets to claim from.

Nonsense.

My understanding.

Rankine and the directors are trying to stop the club losing £300k and ultimately saving the club

Nixon trying to sue club for £300k and potentially killing the club.

Simples

Nonsense.

My understanding.

Rankine and the directors are trying to stop the club losing £300k and ultimately saving the club

Simples

I think your understanding is wrong.

The way I read it, having heard from people who've been at the CoS, the money isn't in doubt - Nixon is due the cash, it's been agreed. What's to be decided, is when he's to get it. He wants it now, the others say he agreed to get it when they could afford it. Apparently a decision may not be made until the new season starts, which could pose real problems if the League were to ask us if we could guarantee fulfilling fixtures etc.

The way I read it, having heard from people who've been at the CoS, the money isn't in doubt - Nixon is due the cash, it's been agreed. What's to be decided, is when he's to get it. He wants it now, the others say he agreed to get it when they could afford it. Apparently a decision may not be made until the new season starts, which could pose real problems if the League were to ask us if we could guarantee fulfilling fixtures etc.[/quote

Exactly

If the original agreement was that the money was due to be paid back when the club and the remaining directors could afford it...Not when a individual demands it.

Edited by Livingston51455145

Nonsense.

My understanding.

Simples

Obv isn't simples or there wouldn't be a court case. Nixon put money in he wants it back, simples.

Like I said, battle between 2 ego's, Nixon let his ego get carried away once he was in a position of power, Rankine took charge and ousted him, now it's a squabble over money which as Mozam said isn't in doubt. Those in charge of Livi make that many f**k ups they always seem to lose court fights.

The way I read it, having heard from people who've been at the CoS, the money isn't in doubt - Nixon is due the cash, it's been agreed. What's to be decided, is when he's to get it. He wants it now, the others say he agreed to get it when they could afford it. Apparently a decision may not be made until the new season starts, which could pose real problems if the League were to ask us if we could guarantee fulfilling fixtures etc.[/quote

Exactly

If the original agreement was that the money was due to be paid back when the club and the remaining directors could afford it...Not when a individual demands it.

IF. Who knows with Livi, dare say we'll know once it goes to court though.

Oh and BTW, the club has already lost that 300K and about 1.7M more, Nixon and others covered that loss with directors loans, he's been booted out and wants the 300K he put in back. All that's left to know is who's telling the truth about when it gets paid back, or at least who's legally in the right as it may have been a verbal agreement that can't be proven, or stand up in court. If it was signed, witnessed and everything in order then there shouldn't be a problem but it's Livi we're talking about.

Another good point ,

The £311k is correct and that is being demanded by Nixon immediately. ????

But the other£1.7 million is also owed in directors loans to the other Directors who are not demanding their money back immediately ?????

Is this because the other directors who were all present at various meetings including Mr Nixon all knew that all monies put into the club could only be paid back when LFC was on a firm and solid financial footing, and that was never going to happen when Nixon was there considering that the club lost a min of £250k every year during his crazy stewardship.

Also taking into account that Nixon lost a couple of companies and was sequestrated into the bargain....I know who I blame for the clubs current position........

Nixon is an arsehole. I don't know why anyone would support him in this case, when he could potentially put the club out of business. The guy run the club like a circus and things have been incredibly more stable since Rankine has become more hands-on.

Quite fancy a trip to the COS when it starts, given I live a 5 minute walk away.

Another good point ,

The £311k is correct and that is being demanded by Nixon immediately. ????

But the other£1.7 million is also owed in directors loans to the other Directors who are not demanding their money back immediately ?????

Is this because the other directors who were all present at various meetings including Mr Nixon all knew that all monies put into the club could only be paid back when LFC was on a firm and solid financial footing, and that was never going to happen when Nixon was there considering that the club lost a min of £250k every year during his crazy stewardship.

Also taking into account that Nixon lost a couple of companies and was sequestrated into the bargain....I know who I blame for the clubs current position........

Prob didn't think to get it all legally tied up when everyone was in it together, which would be incredibly naïve if they haven't. You have to factor in what would happen in the event of a break up. Getting into bed with Livi is akin to a Hollywood marriage, and you wouldn't go into one of those without a pre nuptial..

A fair point. There was certainly a greater opportunity to not run it as such, under his tenure.

At long last Edinburgh Livi some one who is talking sense.

Nixon. .......A grade 1A arse piece who has lost his own businesses and respect personally screwed a few workers in LFC and is now trying to hoodwink the trust to let him get back in to the fold and gain access to the club.......Never going to happen

The people who are associated with the trust who support this vermin should stay well clear.

Do they know the full story,,,, I don't think so

Nixon will never get back in charge of Livi Fc........no one wants him there.....no even Gordon Mcdougall....he knows what's been going on and will testify to that end....

Let's forget about this parasite who if left in charge would have ran the club into the ground.

It's a good job they caught him when they did....

Let's move on and support the club and look forward to a couple of good seasons.

Nixon is an arsehole. I don't know why anyone would support him in this case, when he could potentially put the club out of business. The guy run the club like a circus and things have been incredibly more stable since Rankine has become more hands-on.

Quite fancy a trip to the COS when it starts, given I live a 5 minute walk away.

Not sure if anyone is supporting his case, well not Livi supporters anyway, more a case of just wondering who is legally right, and if Livi's past history of going to court is anything to go by my money would be on Nixon.

Personally I was glad to see him kicked out as imo he was responsible for Bollan and some of our players being punted and had let his ego take over the running of the club.