Livingston - all the threads merged

Whilst I agree up to a point about the two situations being similar there is the small matter of article 13. Basically you need to gain permission to have dual interests. This was done in the Mike Ashley and Rangers case (although the conditions might not have been followed). As far as I am aware there was no permission asked for or given in the Rankine/ Livi/ East Fife case.

Fair point Ashley was upfront about his dual shares while Rankine's interest in East Fife was hidden away.

Almondvale is by a distance the best of the "new build" stadiums in the league. It's an excellent ground.

But it is Almondvale that attracts the charlatans. It is ripe for development and any lease holder would be in line for substantial compensation when they get kicked out.

Livingston can't support a professional team above 4th level at best. Better to chuck it and support Livi United, crowds of a few hundred would transform them.

Fair point Ashley was upfront about his dual shares while Rankine's interest in East Fife was hidden away.

Not really, it was well known, the authorities just chose to ignore it for years. Rankine, Barr, Gray, Stevenson, among others ran a football cartel for years.

Livi will do a deal with creditors at the end of the season and will convert into community club with stakeholders including the trust, wlc andsome others. Anyone owning shares or with soft loans will lose virtually everything.

There has been talk of community ownership for a while now, this is exactly the way we should go in order to live within our means. Get rid of the charlatans and run the club the way it should be, if this means dropping down a division, struggling on the park I don't really care as long as Livi are a team that I can go and watch week in week out.

There has been talk of community ownership for a while now, this is exactly the way we should go in order to live within our means. Get rid of the charlatans and run the club the way it should be, if this means dropping down a division, struggling on the park I don't really care as long as Livi are a team that I can go and watch week in week out.

I'm a big fan of community ownership and supporter trusts but given that there was supporter involvement on the board over the last few years (arguably raising the question perhaps not of complicity in some of the recent goings-on but certainly of ability) I'd suggest there needs to be an honest reassessment by those involved and by those pushing community ownership of what the hell they were doing before there is any automatic assumptions that community ownership will actually work...

Livi will do a deal with creditors at the end of the season and will convert into community club with stakeholders including the trust, wlc andsome others. Anyone owning shares or with soft loans will lose virtually everything.

The problem with this theory is that the creditors and the shareholders are one and the same.