Livingston - all the threads merged

Livvy fans must be wondering why SFA/SFL have taken no action against Rangers for the conflict of interest scenario that has emerged through Ashley's dubious loan deals.

The same authorities have never been slow to through the book the at your club.

Ashley declared his dual interest from the outset - Livingston / Rankine were accused of not doing so.

Ashley declared his dual interest from the outset - Livingston / Rankine were accused of not doing so.

Yes and he's kept his shares at 9%, but he's also got 2 men on the board of directors, given them a 10M pound loan and has Albion car park, Murray Park, some house property that they own as security against it, has 75% shares in their merchandize through Spots Direct, and has just given them 5 Newcastle players allegedly on condition they must play as first choice players. If that isn't having influence over Sevco as well as Newcastle then I'm a dutch uncle.

Rankine on the other hand has shares in East Fife that he hid (by not keeping it a secret for years as everyone seemed to know about it), and has no influence over them that helps Livi.

Yes and he's kept his shares at 9%, but he's also got 2 men on the board of directors, given them a 10M pound loan and has Albion car park, Murray Park, some house property that they own as security against it, has 75% shares in their merchandize through Spots Direct, and has just given them 5 Newcastle players allegedly on condition they must play as first choice players. If that isn't having influence over Sevco as well as Newcastle then I'm a dutch uncle.

Rankine on the other hand has shares in East Fife that he hid (by not keeping it a secret for years as everyone seemed to know about it), and has no influence over them that helps Livi.

Oh sure, the Ashley thing stinks - but that's up to the SFA to deal with. The failure to declare is what's been different between them.

Livi may find themselves a bit unlucky that their punishment is being decided in the context of the Rangers thing in the background.

Seems we have been duped by Nixon once again who seems intent on hurting the club because Rankine is still involved.

The "non payment of taxes" which we got a points deduction for never actually existed.

Rankine can't say publicly but from the evidence heard at the court case he is convinced it was a scam from Nixon.

Obviously this needs to be proved but if proved could mean the points deduction and fine rescinded, the only problem is how do u prove it.

Seems we have been duped by Nixon once again who seems intent on hurting the club because Rankine is still involved.

The "non payment of taxes" which we got a points deduction for never actually existed.

Rankine can't say publicly but from the evidence heard at the court case he is convinced it was a scam from Nixon.

Obviously this needs to be proved but if proved could mean the points deduction and fine rescinded, the only problem is how do u prove it.

To be fair if Rankine & co were not certain about the crime then it was never an issue other than ego point scoring.

Both Rankine & Nixon will be the main cause for the Livi FC demise

Also initial contact from 3 parties been made about taking over the club. Hearing Rankine has now cleared his desk but is still there unofficially but is not running things day to day now.

2 parties I dont know but the other is Gordon Ford, Ex west Lothian council member and now chief executive of Livingston youth foundation, he wants to turn the club into community ownership, 3G pitch and to develop youth.

Edited by andylivi1

I thought that Livi paid HMRC at the end of the year? If its a payment you didn't need to make will you get a refund from them.

I thought that Livi paid HMRC at the end of the year? If its a payment you didn't need to make will you get a refund from them.

We did, after the information given by Nixon we voluntarily gave the information and paid the bill but if information was incorrect then you'd think that we'd either get a refund or the money would be discounted off any future tax bill and points deduction handed to us would have to be rescinded too.

The problem is with no proof how is it possible to prove.

We did, after the information given by Nixon we voluntarily gave the information and paid the bill but if information was incorrect then you'd think that we'd either get a refund or the money would be discounted off any future tax bill and points deduction handed to us would have to be rescinded too.

The problem is with no proof how is it possible to prove.

Aye if there is no proof seems like your stumped.

Aye if there is no proof seems like your stumped.

Yep absolutely but think club is looking into there options and aren't just going to lie down if they see a possibility of another good case against Nixon.

My opinion, the sooner both these men have nothing to do with the club anymore the better, there own personal qaurels have dragged the club down more so Nixon imo who seemed hated not only by Rankine and McDougall but by players and other club staff also, if it is true about interested parties taking over I think most Livi fans would welcome that with open arms.

Without knowing the ins and outs, I'm surprised you're so willing to believe Rankines story given his reputation and past history...let alone post "his" thoughts on a forum.

I find it a little hard to believe the club were duped into paying taxes that weren't due, as well as telling on themselves and incurring an unnecessary points deduction. Time will tell I guess. It looked like points scoring at the time between the two. What's McDougall been doing during all of this?

Absolutely agree a change of ownership looks to be the best outcome now.

When is the court verdict due anyway?

Edited by Airdrie76

Without knowing the ins and outs, I'm surprised you're so willing to believe Rankines story given his reputation and past history...let alone post "his" thoughts on a forum.

I find it a little hard to believe the club were duped into paying taxes that weren't due, as well as telling on themselves and incurring an unnecessary points deduction. Time will tell I guess. It looked like points scoring at the time between the two. What's McDougall been doing during all of this?

Absolutely agree a change of ownership looks to be the best outcome now.

When is the court verdict due anyway?

The thing is Rankine was not involved with the club, he left the day to day running to Nixon and Mcdougall but clearly concerned at the running of the club have stepped in to try and rectify the situation, I'm far from a Rankine fan but from the stories from players etc he was a bit of an egotistical maniac and has caused a lot of these problems, I don't disagree that it's been a point scoring excercise ever since again dragging the clubs name down.

Mcdougall I trust a lot more than those two, from my knowledge he has pretty much bankrupt himself trying to sort the club out, he is constantly working hard in and around the club, and you see him every match day chipping in with the odd jobs, is at most of not all youth games from u12s to development sqaud etc.

We need a change and we need a fresh start and the guy Gordon Ford seems to have the best interests of the club and community at heart, this won't progress until the summer though it seems.

As for the court case, it could be days but more likely the judge won't reach a verdict for 6 to 8 weeks.

Edited by andylivi1

Take it you're in the know, Andy? Vaguely remember seeing Ford's name in the news a few years ago when he retired from the Council and took up the job at LYF. Remains to be seen whether or not he's serious about it I guess?

As for McDougall, got a lot of time and respect for the guy, seen him plenty of times working his backside off down the stadium on matchday doing odd jobs. Total shitter for him having to put up with two fannies like Nixon and Rankine and if we make it through this bad spell relatively okay then he should be given the freedom of Livingston. I doubt we'd be here today without his hard work or financial input.

Take it you're in the know, Andy? Vaguely remember seeing Ford's name in the news a few years ago when he retired from the Council and took up the job at LYF. Remains to be seen whether or not he's serious about it I guess?

As for McDougall, got a lot of time and respect for the guy, seen him plenty of times working his backside off down the stadium on matchday doing odd jobs. Total shitter for him having to put up with two fannies like Nixon and Rankine and if we make it through this bad spell relatively okay then he should be given the freedom of Livingston. I doubt we'd be here today without his hard work or financial input.

This is information I'm receiving from a source close to the club, the info regarding the 3 interested parties was on Twitter from another source close to the club the rest from someone I know who also has links to the club, obviously I'm not going to say who but it's a genuine source, I'm not directly in the know.

Got to bare in mind it's a consortium led by Ford but there are also two other interested parties of whom I don't know who.

Agree completely about Mcdougall, I've been told he's pretty much bankrupt himself but refuses to request money back from the club as agreed by himself and the Livi 5 consortium, unlike Nixon who seems to have gone back on this deal.

Edited by andylivi1

Quite. I'm pretty fucking sceptical that they'd have paid in the first place without some fairly solid quantification of what was due and why.

Quite. I'm pretty fucking sceptical that they'd have paid in the first place without some fairly solid quantification of what was due and why.

That seems puzzling to me too, they brought in forensic accountatants to go through the books to see how much tax was due, then paid it and got the transfer embargo lifted. If there was no tax due and Nixon made it all up then why did they pay it, very strange.

Wouldn't believe anything Nixon or Rankine say, Nixon is the one who is doing the damage to the club though and I totally blame him for Bollan and the players being punted when we first came into the then 1st div. It's from that point everything started going to feck again, and his own finances hit the fan with his business going bust.

I completely agree with the points made, I'm scepticle to and haven't once said I believe Rankine, I have said that Nixon has been the main instigator through all of this though and I don't think many would disagree.

Fwiw I can't see anything coming out about this and nothing happening as without evidence what's the point, plus if it is correct and he's cleared his desk and is only unofficially there what does Rankine care.

I'm just hoping one of the 3 consortiums rumoured to be interested actually gets the chance to run the club and properly.

3 consortiums wanting livi.

Never heard so much nonsense

Why would anybody want Livi when there is a chance that they might lose the court case ...£300k

They may get relegated.....

Oh and and they might receive further sanctions regarding the dual club interests....

You would not take LFC if you were given it for nothing.

You guys are unreal.

Community club is the only thing that's credible and that's only because I've spoken to Gordon Ford about it.

taxes where due,

They where due on the mismanagement of Nixons watch and the Club Rankine and Mcdougal had to bail the club out.

Nixon done at the club what he done with his own companies and did not pay the vat and the tax man ....simple..