Livingston - all the threads merged

Well Well Well

Gordon McDougall leaving the club.

He got found out that he was trying to hijack a bid to buy the club, three of them involved McDougall, Nixon and A.N Other and that F....r Rankine and his team found out and the shit hit the fan and Rankine then gave his shares to the local guys and Mcdougall is not happy with that either

You would have thought that Gordon would have learnt his lesson with Nixon but he seems determined to be tarred with the same brush

Or

Nixon has a hold over Gordon

Mmmmmmm

And so it begins, the blackening of McDougall's name now that he's being pushed out the door.

Rankine & Nixon are two of a kind but McDougall actually put something other than money into the club and seemed a decent guy.

Too much back stabbing and power plays going on at Livi, wish they'd just get this embargo sorted and concentrating on putting a team together.

What's Jason Talbot like? Just signed for Dunfermline

Cracking signing for you, still had a couple of seasons in him at Championship level and was disappointed we didn't keep him.

Gets kicked lumps out of by opposition players and takes it but only gets noticed by opposition fans for the odd mistimed/rash challenge. On the whole a hard working player who puts everything into a game and likes getting up the wing to put crosses into the box.

Also fills in well as a CB when needed.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Think he'll be a standout in League 1 for the Pars, best of luck to the guy. 200 appearances and 7 years at a club with such a volatile financial situation is no mean feat, I'm glad he ended his time with us on a high.

As for us though, worrying. Hope Burchill pulls several rabbits out of a hat or else we are fucked. At least the official website's been done up.

Aye that's well worth my ST money, just hope we get this embargo lifted so I can check out our squad on it.

Subhuman scum

Will probably do a decent job in League 1 tbf.

jason_talbot_tackle.jpg

Best of it was the ref didn't give him a red for the Hearts one and it looked far worse than the red card tackle he got against Dumbarton.

2 incidents like that in 7 years aint too bad, both were him taking a swing at the ball trying to clear it and the opposition player coming in for the ball too but those stills make it look completely different from what it was. As I said he gets kicked to bits at times and just gets on with it but only gets remembered by opposition fans for taking swinging kicks at the ball and accidently catching a player with his boot.

Saw him taking a high kick at the ball a couple of games ago and held my breath, thankfully he caught it cleanly without catching a players coupon that time, was wishing he wouldn't try clearing a ball like that though, just to be on the safe side.

And so it begins, the blackening of McDougall's name now that he's being pushed out the door.Rankine & Nixon are two of a kind but McDougall actually put something other than money into the club and seemed a decent guy.Too much back stabbing and power plays going on at Livi, wish they'd just get this embargo sorted and concentrating on putting a team together.

Agree with just about all of your post except that he's been pushed..he's walked when he got found out.

mcdougall got found out that he was still in bed with Nixon and has walked before all got out

Good guy.

Why did Livi let him go?

Prob money, we've cut wages 3 seasons running, some players are making more 2 divisions below us than they were at Livi. Although with this embargo still in place we've only 3 contracted players from last season so anyone that comes in for any out of contract will prob get them.

Best of it was the ref didn't give him a red for the Hearts one and it looked far worse than the red card tackle he got against Dumbarton.

2 incidents like that in 7 years aint too bad, both were him taking a swing at the ball trying to clear it and the opposition player coming in for the ball too but those stills make it look completely different from what it was. As I said he gets kicked to bits at times and just gets on with it but only gets remembered by opposition fans for taking swinging kicks at the ball and accidently catching a player with his boot.

Saw him taking a high kick at the ball a couple of games ago and held my breath, thankfully he caught it cleanly without catching a players coupon that time, was wishing he wouldn't try clearing a ball like that though, just to be on the safe side.

:lol:

He follows through to hurt both players in both challenges and succeeds. You came out with that baffling defensive of him at the time too. Your leg does not naturally go that high when you kick a ball. "Accidentally catching" the guy with his boot :lol:. I'm glad you Livi boys stayed up, good for the bantz.

:lol:

He follows through to hurt both players in both challenges and succeeds. You came out with that baffling defensive of him at the time too. Your leg does not naturally go that high when you kick a ball. "Accidentally catching" the guy with his boot :lol:. I'm glad you Livi boys stayed up, good for the bantz.

Yeah that's because it was accidental in both occasions.

First one he caught your player because he ran into Talbot as both were going for the ball. Talbot was nearest to it and was totally focussed on booting the ball away, not denying it was reckless having his boot up that high when a player got caught and deserved the red but wasn't intentional.

The Hearts one was Talbot taking a desperate swipe at the ball to clear it, and he actually glanced the ball, both his feet were off the ground and he was falling back landing on his arse with his feet out of control in the air when he caught the boy square in the puss with the sole of his boot. Again reckless and deserved a red but not intentional. Anyone claiming he did it deliberate is talking shite. I watched him at Livi for 7 years and he wasn't a thug.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Yeah that's because it was accidental in both occasions.

First one he caught your player because he ran into Talbot as both were going for the ball. Talbot was nearest to it and was totally focussed on booting the ball away, not denying it was reckless having his boot up that high when a player got caught and deserved the red but wasn't intentional.

The Hearts one was Talbot taking a desperate swipe at the ball to clear it, and he actually glanced the ball, both his feet were off the ground and he was falling back landing on his arse with his feet out of control in the air when he caught the boy square in the puss with the sole of his boot. Again reckless and deserved a red but not intentional. Anyone claiming he did it deliberate is talking shite. I watched him at Livi for 7 years and he wasn't a thug.

:lol::lol::lol:

Mcdougall has put his heart and soul into the club but it's not been enough. The club cannot afford to be full time with the abysmal crowds that turn up and the ever reducing income has meant savings on the playing budget and other staff have been required. Unfortunately, the less staff they have, the more of a shambles it becomes til it gets to the point where nothing gets done. If a new owner/consortium comes in with similarly little cash available, the club will go bust. Such a shame.