Livingston - all the threads merged

1 minute ago, Hen Broon said:

Not unduly concerned by this. Seems strange to leave on such a high and not try and continue his good work. Would be disappointed if he went to somewhere like Shrewsbury as although its England its not a huge step forward for him.

Oh behave, it really is. There's a reason why St Mirren lost their Chief Executive to Shrewbury too. It's a much bigger job and a very big step forward. Their last manager has just stepped up to the Championship. He leaves a good squad and a team which narrowly missed promotion. There are opportunities there. It would be a good move if he wants to try to succeed in England.

5 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

https://www.mcbookie.com/en-gb/sports/3/meetings/126456098/events/951069100

James McPake is an interesting suggestion. Mark Burchill, less so.

I think John Hartson would be a good option. Already on good terms with the players and would be unlikely to change the system too much. Continuity would be great for us.

Is Hartson doing some coaching at Livingston? Would seem a logical move if Martindale stays put. 

He is working with the strikers a few days a week.

Not sure whether he would want to give up his multiple punditry gigs though. Pretty sure he said a few months ago that he wasn't looking to get into management.

6 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Is Hartson doing some coaching at Livingston? Would seem a logical move if Martindale stays put. 

1 minute ago, EdinburghLivi said:

He is working with the strikers a few days a week.

Not sure whether he would want to give up his multiple punditry gigs though. Pretty sure he said a few months ago that he wasn't looking to get into management.

Aye pretty sure he's only with us a few days a week because that's all he wants. Can't see him wanting a managerial role. 

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

From June 2013 to September 2014. He got the job when Allan Johnston departed for Kilmarnock and was headhunted by Ross County with us battling it out with Rangers and Hearts at the top of the Championship at the time.  To be fair he inherited a right good squad but he also refined it well and did a cracking job with us imo, though there are certainly Queens fans who think he tinkered too much with Johnston's team and we got where we did partly in spite of him. I think they are wrong but there is certainly a substantial group of people who thought that way.

9 points and second bottom of the league after his first 9 games in charge suggests his tinkering had an adverse effect on the team, at least initially. We went on to finish 4th after he signed a  competent keeper and stopped tinkering as much.

I think it is stretching things a little to say we were battling it out with Rangers and Hearts at the top of the league when he left. We had only played 4 league games and our wins were against part-time Dumbarton and Alloa. We’d just lost to Rangers after being knocked out of the League Cup in the second round at Livi (who had also knocked us out of the Diddy Cup in the first round at Palmerston).

I’d say he did a decent, if unspectacular, job. Probably cost us a higher league finish in his first season with the awful start, but at least he turned it round.

Edited to fix league position.

Edited by Flash

Some couple of days, Sibbald signing yesterday and Hoppy finally confirming he's leaving. It was dragging on a bit so at least it is now settled. Obv wanted him to stay but it was needing sorted so we can get on with things.

Hopefully with Martindale and the backroom staff still here things will be much the same on the playing side of things, we've a good group of players that play a high energy, high pressing game, I think we'll do well in the Premiership sticking with that style of play. Maybe just get someone with plenty of experience to assist Martindale, like we did when Archie Knox was Gough's assistant.

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Not sure Hopkin can really be looked upon as a 'legend' as some have stated after dumping us at the first opportunity. Nonetheless, I wish him well going forward. Really turned it around after the shambles at Stranraer.

I think McIntyre would be a shrewd appointment.

Prob the best manager we've had but yeah, think he needed to stay at least another season and have kept us in the Premiership before legend could be used to describe him. 

Martindale simply cannot get the job, as far as I’m aware he has a major role in the day to day running of the club, if things didnt go as hoped who knows what kind of state the club would be in. 

He will remain as number 2 to the new manager coming in. 

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

I hear Paul Ferris is the favourite. 

A Ferris / Martindale dream team, you heard it here first... 

19 hours ago, Hendo said:

There's nothing he can't steal,be it tampons, or young people's futures, even their lives. 

You must be so proud... 

19 hours ago, Hendo said:

That's it, Livi forever, stick up for the drug dealers. 

Any more of you going to justify his presence on your payroll? 

Just now, Hendo said:

FIFY. 

food-aggression.jpg

Hearing Lewis Vaughan could be another one we are looking to bring in. 

I genuinely thought you’d be looking at staying up next season. With players like Vaughan, I’m not convinced.

He’s far from premiership quality. Mid- championship at best. He has been brutal since about November last year.

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I genuinely thought you’d be looking at staying up next season. With players like Vaughan, I’m not convinced.

He’s far from premiership quality. Mid- championship at best. He has been brutal since about November last year.

If he was to come in, I think he’d be seen as a squad player, whether it happens now with Hopkin leaving I don’t know. 

Id be fairly happy if it did still happen, as I say we’d obvioulsy need much more than that but he’d be a good squad player to have. 

I guess you lot will be coming straight back down. Hopkins was the only reason your lot went up. Another manager will struggle to get the team to do the same.
Imagine leaving a club you just got promoted to the premiership [emoji23][emoji23]
Ah well, guess he has another job lined up.

Just now, glasgow_bairn said:

I guess you lot will be coming straight back down. Hopkins was the only reason your lot went up. Another manager will struggle to get the team to do the same.
Imagine leaving a club you just got promoted to the premiership emoji23.pngemoji23.png

^^^^ Still seething. 

5 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Imagine leaving a club you just got promoted to the premiership emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Ah, good. I was worried the Falkirk seethe may have died off quickly but seems it still hurts...a lot.

35 minutes ago, glasgow_bairn said:

It must really hurt knowing clubs like Livi and Hamilton will be in the top flight next season and your club are still hanging around in a league you’ve consistently failed in for years. #OurTime 

It must really hurt knowing clubs like Livi and Hamilton will be in the top flight next season and your club are still hanging around in a league you’ve consistently failed in for years. #OurTime 

The amount of Livi fans flocking to the Falkirk thread when they signed wee Sibbald and they now have the nerve to berate someone ripping the pish out of their manager abandoning ship for bigger and better things. Wouldn’t be difficult to improve though, would it.