Livingston - all the threads merged

6 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Numbers 19 and 25 looked like trialists.

Thought 19 looked like Saunders, awk well, we’ll find out tomorrow. 

Have to say the social media team have really raised there game already, got everybody right involved with signings. 

Hopefully that keeps up, makes such a difference. 

Signings news today, might be the manager, hopefully a player too.

Not seeing the problem signing Miller as one of our strikers, no idea what he'll be like as a manager but with Martindale and the backroom staff from last season i'm not too worried. As a player though he has a wealth of experience and will bang in some goals, we know everyone else will chip in with some too so a prolific striker isn't the be all it might be at other clubs. Wouldn't say no to Ryan Hardie too though, he'd get us a few more goals than either of the Millers.

Still not sure about Kenny being manager - here's hoping he proves me wrong. perhaps Martindale will be the 'real' manager with Kenny chipping in/bringing in players. Thats what i'd hope for. not convinced player/managers work well.

1 minute ago, Mpire said:

Still not sure about Kenny being manager - here's hoping he proves me wrong. perhaps Martindale will be the 'real' manager with Kenny chipping in/bringing in players. Thats what i'd hope for. not convinced player/managers work well.

Didn't with Lambert and Burchill anyway, remember assistant manager Kernaghan putting on his boots in a couple of games too, looked like he was ready for having a heart attack after 10 mins of running  around.

16 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

They are being awkward and wanting a stupid fee, we could sign him and take it to a tribunal but that’s taking a risk that they will side with Morton then we are stuck having to pay a stupid fee. 

How are we being awkward exactly?

Surely any club would want the most they could possibly get for a promising player under 23 no?? If it needs to go to a Tribunal, then so be it.

Should we just let him go for peanuts to please you?? I would be disappointed in us if we just let him go for very little, if we could hold out and get more!

Perhaps you are being awkward in offering peanuts for a player worth much more?

2 minutes ago, madton said:

How are we being awkward exactly?

Surely any club would want the most they could possibly get for a promising player under 23 no?? If it needs to go to a Tribunal, then so be it.

Should we just let him go for peanuts to please you?? I would be disappointed in us if we just let him go for very little, if we could hold out and get more!

Perhaps you are being awkward in offering peanuts for a player worth much more?

I think the clue was in 'wanting a stupid fee'.