Livingston - all the threads merged

Think you will find Walter is the only rape apologist, he actually admitted he would accept a rapist if they admitted to it ! Goodwillie isnt on the sex offenders register nor was he criminally convisted.....just to bounce back your Lithgow argument.
Read the post again you moron.

5 hours ago, B0baFatt said:

I would rather we done a Brechin than have Goodwillie in the team

Think more so because he did what he did in West Lothian and his victim is from Livingston, it would not sit well

Also, if the stories are to be believed and there is a six figure sum involved, there are plenty of better options out there for that price without as much high profile baggage

Nothing in that story is to be believed, same as their Larsson story, made up pish to justify their wages during the close season. The Scotsman has just jumped on the Record's band wagon, these c***s are meant to be journalists, do they not bother checking up on a story before running with it. That was a rhetorical question btw.

In the case of the Scotsman fella, he could've done that piece last season when Goodwillie signed for Clyde, at least it would've had some relevance to the cover story, in that he did actually sign for Clyde. 

Resorts to abuse....argument lost !
Said the man who called me a rape apologist.

My post was in response to question which was why do Livvy fans have a problem with DGW but not Lithgow. I gave a possible reason i.e. many people, rightly or wrongly, having looked at all of the evidence or some of the evidence on none of the evidence consider DGW to be an unrepentant and unpunished rapist. They may also feel that the crime Lithgow was convicted of, although no doubt terrifying for his victim is not in the same bracket as the crime DGW was accused of.
I don't know if any of that is true hence the use of the word "perhaps" at the beginning of the sentence.
I called you a moron because I thought your response was moronic. To call someone a "rape apologist" is completely out of order.

Said the man who called me a rape apologist.

My post was in response to question which was why do Livvy fans have a problem with DGW but not Lithgow. I gave a possible reason i.e. many people, rightly or wrongly, having looked at all of the evidence or some of the evidence on none of the evidence consider DGW to be an unrepentant and unpunished rapist. They may also feel that the crime Lithgow was convicted of, although no doubt terrifying for his victim is not in the same bracket as the crime DGW was accused of.
I don't know if any of that is true hence the use of the word "perhaps" at the beginning of the sentence.
I called you a moron because I thought your response was moronic. To call someone a "rape apologist" is completely out of order.
I think you will find a livvy fan initially said clyde fans were rape apologists....i merely pointed out that you tried to give justification and therefore you were more in that bracket than i was. If the recent post you made is the truth then why not say that in the first place, or is this a case of back pedalling ?

You dont hear him speaking much in the media but I heard him on sportsound a few weeks ago and he just sounded like your typical mouth breathing footballer. Having said that he is a player who got the very most out his talent and is one of few scottish footballers who has played abroad. It is an interesting appointment but it may have made sense playing another season first as a player/coach perhaps. Im guessing he thought the chances of getting a first club in the top league as a novice again would be very unlikely .

You dont hear him speaking much in the media but I heard him on sportsound a few weeks ago and he just sounded like your typical mouth breathing footballer. Having said that he is a player who got the very most out his talent and is one of few scottish footballers who has played abroad. It is an interesting appointment but it may have made sense playing another season first as a player/coach perhaps. Im guessing he thought the chances of getting a first club in the top league as a novice again would be very unlikely .
Didnt someone post on here about meeting him in a mates house or something and said he was thick as f**k?

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Didnt someone post on here about meeting him in a mates house or something and said he was thick as f**k?

After hearing him the other week it wouldn’t suprise me.

I should really hate him like most Celtic fans but I dont.  He gave his all when at us but it just didnt happen and was also (understandably) chased out by Lawell when we were offered a good fee. It came to bite us in the arse when he came back to Rangers by scoring for fun against us but hes not the dirty or diving type to bringthe seethe out in me ala Novo. The way he lead the line for Scotland and carried them at times shows he may have some leadership capabilities who isnt afraid of pressure.  Still think its a fair risk by Livingston though but Im guessing they were struggling to get anyone of note in terms of managerial experience.

Interesting to see what he brings to the table in a managerial sense. He should have plenty of contacts thanks to his playing career. So may well attract some decent signings. On the face of things you wonder about the man management side of things after his spat with Rangers.

On the coaching side you'd assume Martindale will still hold away, at least for now.

As said at least an appointment out of the usual cycle.

OF history will result in a decent level of media interest...

I remember when we appointed the inexperienced David Hopkin after we had been relegated to league 1, I was really unhappy with that appointment but look how that turned up....

I’m not convinced by this appointment either but I’ll back him 100%, he is a good experienced player to have in our ranks, he will certainly add to the squad despite his age and if he grabs us 10 goals then that will be a terrific return, I don’t think it’s a surprise that the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen had been linked with him, he is a fit lad and will most certainly be a coup for the club in a playing sense. 

Whether his coaching is up to it yet I don’t know but if it’s true what I was told, Martindale was the main man when it came to coaching the last couple of seasons anyway. 

Only time will tell if this is the right appointment, if he keeps us up then it was an excellent call. 

I remember when we appointed the inexperienced David Hopkin after we had been relegated to league 1, I was really unhappy with that appointment but look how that turned up....
I’m not convinced by this appointment either but I’ll back him 100%, he is a good experienced player to have in our ranks, he will certainly add to the squad despite his age and if he grabs us 10 goals then that will be a terrific return, I don’t think it’s a surprise that the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen had been linked with him, he is a fit lad and will most certainly be a coup for the club in a playing sense. 
Whether his coaching is up to it yet I don’t know but if it’s true what I was told, Martindale was the main man when it came to coaching the last couple of seasons anyway. 
Only time will tell if this is the right appointment, if he keeps us up then it was an excellent call. 

Imagine what 2 good coaches could do with a young team or a good manager and a good coach?? I think it’s a massive call that’s going to come back and bite the board on there arse.hope I’m wrong

In time I think I can get behind that, will need to see how the first few months go. Obviously he comes with the reputation as dressing room wrecker so hopefully we can keep the togetherness of the squad, and it also gives us one of the couple of strikers we'll need. If Hardie isn't one of the players he pissed off it might strengthen our chances of getting him back on loan too.

Also I think with the system we have in place we're probably looking at Martindale pulling the strings and Miller being more of a coach and player.

8 minutes ago, Bigbairn72 said:

Imagine what 2 good coaches could do with a young team or a good manager and a good coach?? I think it’s a massive call that’s going to come back and bite the board on there arse.hope I’m wrong

How do you know Kenny Miller isn’t or won’t be a good coach though ? Answer is none of us know. Fact is whoever was given the job is getting a tough gig, we are expected to go back down, following the job that Hoppy done it was going to be a brave man who takes the job.

Like Hoppy none of us knew how it would go, it went remarkably well, let’s hope for more of the same.

I’m willing to give him a chance, time will tell if it works out. 

Edited by andylivi1