Livingston - all the threads merged

How do you know Kenny Miller isn’t or won’t be a good coach though ? Answer is none of us know. 
Like Hoppy none of us knew how it would go, it went remarkably well. 
I’m willing to give him a chance, time will tell if it works out. 

You had the chance of a good coach in holt though,I’m a big Norwich fan and I seen first hand what holt did with our youth team and then as an assistant manager and to be totally honest,our team turned into an absolute clusterfuck when he walked.he also done a steady job at Falkirk.hope miller does work for yous because I’m honestly excited to see livi back in the spl especially in the manner yous have done so.i just think miller is bigger than the club in his mind.the man is renowned for being an absolute trumpet of a boy

6 minutes ago, Bigbairn72 said:

You had the chance of a good coach in holt though,I’m a big Norwich fan and I seen first hand what holt did with our youth team and then as an assistant manager and to be totally honest,our team turned into an absolute clusterfuck when he walked.he also done a steady job at Falkirk.hope miller does work for yous because I’m honestly excited to see livi back in the spl especially in the manner yous have done so.i just think miller is bigger than the club in his mind.the man is renowned for being an absolute trumpet of a boy

I share the concerns that he thinks he’s bigger than the club and that he may come between what is a very tight changing room. 

Holt was was my choice from the remaining realistic candidates but as I’ve said I’ll give Miller a chance, i won’t ridicule him before he’s even in the door, by all accounts the players are very excited by the season ahead and I think Miller may have been the edge we had in keeping Halkett, it may also help us get Hardie back on loan. 

Lets wait and see how it goes, regardless of who the manager was going to be, I’m very excited by the coming season. 

They've worn me down the amount of time this has taken. Maybe that was their plan all along, drag it out for over a month so we'd get to the point we'd just like a manager in place and not give too much of a feck who it was. Suspect

If Miller signs then he'll want to play, so it is prob going to be Lee Miller, K Miller/Quitongo, or a combination of two of those 3 rotating. L Miller's age may not allow him 90 mins every game but him and one of the other two looks the best formation up front for target man and pacy runner working off the knock downs/flick ons.

23 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Could be a decent appointment for Livi. If nothing else, at least it's someone different from the usual suspects.

Guaranteed the boys on Sportsound will be talking about you a lot more now. They LOVE an ex Old Firm player going into management. Lowly old Clyde were discussed to death when Barry Ferguson was in charge.

Problem is though all they ever talked about was The Rangers.. It really annoyed the Clyde fans.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:
They've worn me down the amount of time this has taken. Maybe that was their plan all along, drag it out for over a month so we'd get to the point we'd just like a manager in place and not give too much of a feck who it was. Suspect

If Miller signs then he'll want to play, so it is prob going to be Lee Miller, K Miller/Quitongo, or a combination of two of those 3 rotating. L Miller's age may not allow him 90 mins every game but him and one of the other two looks the best formation up front for target man and pacy runner working off the knock downs/flick ons.

Morton are going to price us out of a move for Quitongo, they want a stupid amount of money. 

Ryan Hardie on the other hand, I think we have a real chance of getting him back on loan for the season.

4 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Morton are going to price us out of a move for Quitongo, they want a stupid amount of money. 

Ryan Hardie on the other hand, I think we have a real chance of getting him back on loan for the season.

I'd be over the moon if Hardie signed, wouldn't be allowed to play against Sevco right enough but I could live with that.

Would like to see Jack Hamilton getting some game time this season too, maybe even a loan spell in the Championship the first half of the season and then back to us for the 2nd half, and see how he gets on, looks a real talent, very similar to Hardie from what I've seen of the clips of his goals last season.

25 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Isn't Quitongo out of contract? Imagine the development fee could get taken to a tribunal if they're asking for silly amounts and couldn't see it being more than for Sibbald. 

I'm a Dee but Miller is some signing. I wouldn't see him being a first choice as he clearly took the job for management experience.

When he does get on the pitch though he will be an asset even at his age.

Well played Livi.

33 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Problem is though all they ever talked about was The Rangers.. It really annoyed the Clyde fans.

Same with Stubbs at St Mirren, first question I heard getting asked about by the MSM was about Celtic’s champions league prospects :green

27 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I'm a Dee but Miller is some signing. I wouldn't see him being a first choice as he clearly took the job for management experience.

Well played Livi.

What makes you say that? He barely got five goals in a dominant Rangers side last season

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What makes you say that? He barely got five goals in a dominant Rangers side last season

Our top scorer last season only got 8. Plenty goals throughout the squad so as long as he can fit in to our play I'm not arsed about how many he scores, as long as he's contributing in other ways.

Guarantees the MSM slavering all over your club next season. Likely to be at all games involving Sevco on Sky/BT for analysis. Hard luck Livi

On reflection, it’s the perfect appointment as the drug dealer can continue to manage the club, while the media concentrated on Miller’s views on Sevco. Brilliant deflection from the real issue of Martindale running a football club as puppet master.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Our top scorer last season only got 8. Plenty goals throughout the squad so as long as he can fit in to our play I'm not arsed about how many he scores, as long as he's contributing in other ways.

Lost my voice a few times last season shouting at him to get up the fcuking park. He kept dropping far too deep and basically slowing our game down.

3 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I share the concerns that he thinks he’s bigger than the club and that he may come between what is a very tight changing room. 

Interesting to see how Kenny Miller  the manager deals with Kenny Miller the greetin-faced player in the dressing room ;)

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

Well played Livi.

I agree with this.  Kenny may only have enough in the tank to give 40 minutes as a player and he may have no management experience.  What's sure, though, is that he'll give his all in both roles.

Bold move by Livingston and one I hope comes off.

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

Guarantees the MSM slavering all over your club next season. Likely to be at all games involving Sevco on Sky/BT for analysis. Hard luck Livi

On reflection, it’s the perfect appointment as the ex drug dealer can continue to manage the club, while the media concentrated on Miller’s views on Sevco. Brilliant deflection from the real issue of Martindale running a football club as puppet master.

FTFY.

He's doing a superb job of it tbf.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Lost my voice a few times last season shouting at him to get up the fcuking park. He kept dropping far too deep and basically slowing our game down.

Serve...

59 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I hope you didn’t disturb your neighbours

Love-Fifteen

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

The b&b lady wasnt happy.

Fifteen all...

8 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Isn't Quitongo out of contract? Imagine the development fee could get taken to a tribunal if they're asking for silly amounts and couldn't see it being more than for Sibbald. 

They are being awkward and wanting a stupid fee, we could sign him and take it to a tribunal but that’s taking a risk that they will side with Morton then we are stuck having to pay a stupid fee.