Livingston - all the threads merged

23 minutes ago, Chuck Blazer said:

Tbf I'd rather he signed for someone like Hearts where he's likely to play regularly than down to one of the bigger teams down south where he sits on the bench or in the reserves.

He's earned his move and hopefully get to watch him in a Scotland shirt somewhere down the line.

Tbf I'd rather he signed for someone like Hearts where he's likely to play regularly than down to one of the bigger teams down south where he sits on the bench or in the reserves.
He's earned his move and hopefully get to watch him in a Scotland shirt somewhere down the line.
Heard a rumour that Sunderland were one of the teams interested....not sure if there's any truth in it but think he'd do well there.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 20:12, andylivi1 said:

TalkLivi Episode four is out now...

On this weeks podcast we hear from Gary Holt and Craig Halkett who both give their reaction to the St Johnstone result. 

We then review the game, discussing the ins and outs of the performance and result. 

We spoke exclusively with Stevie Lawless who spoke about THAT playoff game, his move to Livi, who he didn’t like on his first days training, his future, and he spoke pretty openly about 3G pitches too. 

Our Livi dud 11 feature continues as midfielders take centre stage this week. 

Next up is Talk Livi question time as we answered as many of your questions as we could. 

I spoke to Aberdeen fan Stuart Wood who helped preview our next opponents. 

Finally we preview the next game and give our predictions. 

Below is links to the show on many different sites...

Give it a listen and let us know what you think 

iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947?mt=2

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/2IoMa37T5umvOZlcbPLFV7?si=7qo_Iz70T1yEi4UjKyQsDQ

TalkLivi website - http://TalkLiviPodcast.libsyn.com

Castbox - https://castbox.fm/vd/135120789

Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/user-799227038/episode-four 

Only part of the way through but so far good show again guys, good content and as usual a good laugh. Only issue is the Lawless interview was quite difficult to hear at times. Had to keep putting it back to try catch what was said but understand you guys are still settling into the show. Well done again and thanks for the show.

13 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

Hopkin sitting next to Martindale at the st mirren game tonight...what’s going on here then eh

I'd be disappointed if the club removed Holt to shoehorn Hopkin in as I think Holt has done a fantastic job. I'd imagine Hoppy and Martindale have a friendship outwith the job so maybe just a catch up between friends. Plus it sounds like Holt is there too going by the BBC updates.

Edited by Cptn Hooch

8 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Only part of the way through but so far good show again guys, good content and as usual a good laugh. Only issue is the Lawless interview was quite difficult to hear at times. Had to keep putting it back to try catch what was said but understand you guys are still settling into the show. Well done again and thanks for the show.

Thanks for listening, yeh we had a bit of technical problems with our mic during the interview and had to use the back up audio from the dictaphone. 

If you managed to listen last week, the Lee Miller interview came out perfectly using the mic, I was a bit annoyed this week but thankfully we did have the back up audio so we could still publish the Lawless interview. 

Thanks again for listening. 

7 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Thanks for listening, yeh we had a bit of technical problems with our mic during the interview and had to use the back up audio from the dictaphone. 

If you managed to listen last week, the Lee Miller interview came out perfectly using the mic, I was a bit annoyed this week but thankfully we did have the back up audio so we could still publish the Lawless interview. 

Thanks again for listening. 

Yeah, I should have said that...the Lee Miller audio was fantastic. I was thinking it sounded more like a central Dictaphone this week as there was a lot more background noise but once again, don't take that as a criticism...the show is fantastic and it has become the first podcast that I actually listen to...I've dabbled a bit with the Joe Rogan experience but usually just the highlights after a UFC event but I enjoy listening to TalkLivi while walking to work.

15 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Yeah, I should have said that...the Lee Miller audio was fantastic. I was thinking it sounded more like a central Dictaphone this week as there was a lot more background noise but once again, don't take that as a criticism...the show is fantastic and it has become the first podcast that I actually listen to...I've dabbled a bit with the Joe Rogan experience but usually just the highlights after a UFC event but I enjoy listening to TalkLivi while walking to work.

Not taken as criticism at all, appreciate any feedback we get as we want to get better with it, we are still novices haha, as I say hopefully any technical problems are ironed out for next time and we are back to the audio we got with Lee Miller. 

Tbh I’m not much of a podcast listener myself but thought we’d give it a go ourselves as felt the club had been missing a trick a little with the lack of internal player interviews etc, and we have a bit of fun with it too. 

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I agree with this. Couple of minor technical issues that you're working out, but all in all you're doing a great job for 4 episodes in. Keep it up, I'm loving it

18 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I agree with this. Couple of minor technical issues that you're working out, but all in all you're doing a great job for 4 episodes in. Keep it up, I'm loving it

Thanks for listening and for the feed back, definitely things we are working on and can improve on for sure. 

Glad for any feedback as it’s the only way we know what we can improve on. 

I'd be disappointed if the club removed Holt to shoehorn Hopkin in as I think Holt has done a fantastic job. I'd imagine Hoppy and Martindale have a friendship outwith the job so maybe just a catch up between friends. Plus it sounds like Holt is there too going by the BBC updates.
Just an Amber Machine boys night out in Paisley IMO

Finally able to buy tickets online: https://livingstonfc.co.uk/online-ticket-sales-go-live/

Had a quick look and it's easy enough to use. Can't quite figure out how away fans can buy tickets though unless I'm missing something. £6.50 for delivery is ripping the piss a little bit, and £1 for sending it to your phone should really be the free option. Reckon plenty people won't bother and still buy them on the day to avoid the charges :lol: Also web page is called "LivingstonF.C Online Ticketing", which boils my piss.

Still a positive step and I'm sure the above issues will be sorted. 

16 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Saw some highlights of Lyndon Dykes and I am quite excited about him joining in the summer

It's just a pity him and Hardie wont link up, reckon they'd make quite a partnership, he's exactly the player Hardie needs to get some goals.

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Finally able to buy tickets online: https://livingstonfc.co.uk/online-ticket-sales-go-live/

Had a quick look and it's easy enough to use. Can't quite figure out how away fans can buy tickets though unless I'm missing something. £6.50 for delivery is ripping the piss a little bit, and £1 for sending it to your phone should really be the free option. Reckon plenty people won't bother and still buy them on the day to avoid the charges :lol: Also web page is called "LivingstonF.C Online Ticketing", which boils my piss.

Still a positive step and I'm sure the above issues will be sorted. 

Think it’s great this is finally up and running, I understand what you’re saying about £6.50 but Derek White said on twitter this is the standard fee for special delivery via the post office, I agree about the £1 fee for the online option, that to me should be free, but again Derek said that’s a fee to facilitate the process, not quite sure what that means right enough :lol:

Ive asked the club about away tickets and have been told that away tickets can be purchased via a different link that will be sent to visiting clubs so they can put it on there website and social media etc. 

I also mentioned the “Livingstone” issue, and they have already emailed the company to get this sorted and aren’t overly happy that this has happened. 

All in all I feel that it’s great to see the club professionalising a bit, this system although not perfect solves the problem for fans who aren’t able to get to the ground before match day. 

%100 drop Halkett now.

Time for Holt to stamp his authority and build his own team.
Drop our best player when top six is still a possibility? Granted a distant possibility. I'd wait until the post split games before tinkering too much....by then we could be looking at dead rubbers....those are the games to experiment

7 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

%100 drop Halkett now.

Time for Holt to stamp his authority and build his own team.

That’s one way to repay our best player for the past 2 seasons, our captain and a player who easily could’ve moved on last season but decided to stay. Who would you even put in his place, loan players? Cause they’ll be about next season too, may as well take Gallagher out while you’re at it too then, delusional