Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 hours ago, LiviLion said:
Been quiet in here for a while...
On a brighter note, women's side starting their season off well. 6-0 up after 55 mins.

Finished 12-0....they should sign a striker

They're in for a shock when they play away from home.

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Reading reports from both games this week it seems County went with a back 3 so they could match us in midfield with their extra man, and ICT did the same after Robertson watched us against County. 

I thought both sides went with a back five but with wing backs so adding that edge to midfield - mind you I'm only going be what people told me so could be wrong.

3 hours ago, Durnford said:

I thought both sides went with a back five but with wing backs so adding that edge to midfield - mind you I'm only going be what people told me so could be wrong.

Same formation as we used to play, 3-5-2 in attack, going into a 5-3-2 when defending, with the wingbacks helping out in midfield and defence. Robertson said he wanted to match us up in midfield so made the same change as County.

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Saturday was as bad as I've seen us play in a long time,yeah the conditions weren't great but we never looked like we were in the game,apart from the last 10 mins or so. Even then we didn't look like we'd equalise,could have been playing yet and still wouldn't have scored!!

Yep two games, two blank sheets for us, looks like both County and Inverness found a way to stop us scoring*. Pity we couldn't do the same to them, prob would've won the cup game in a replay at home.

*All the more impressive for them considering how many goals we've scored away from home, our away form sucks but we usually still score goals, just can't keep them out, which we failed to do again in these games.

Looking at things from a slightly different perspective, and entirely objectively, we’ve only conceded 4 attempts on target in the past 3 games. It’s unfortunate that 3 (nearly 4) have all resulted in goals. Compare that to 33 shots and it would seem that it’s as much an issue at the top end of the park as it is at the back. 

It was a sloppy start for County’s first and the metaphorical perfect storm... which literally arrived a few days later and I believe the wind made things difficult for Lawson. If we’d have got a 2 minute goal in either of those games and it was as even as the possession stats suggest then we’d have seen them out I think.

Has anyone considered pitch dimensions? It always strikes me that Almondvale is a tight park.

Edited by crispy

Erskine out for the season, had a groin op. Reckon that'll be him done at Livi

Also heard Livi still owe 700k to Rankine which explains his involvement at the club...

Sell Dykes for a million and Rankie is gone forever? Seems like a fair swap.

Two questions 

1. Why would Rankin have any involvement in the club as a creditor? Do any of the other creditors have an involvement; I doubt it.

2. The latest unabridged accounts show the clubs is in a relatively positive position. Certainly there are no declared debts of the amount described for either the latest accounts for Livingston 5; Opcco6; or Livingston Football Club Limited. Where did this debt of £700k come from and why isn't it declared?

Or is it yet more pony?

19 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Erskine out for the season, had a groin op. Reckon that'll be him done at Livi

Also heard Livi still owe 700k to Rankine which explains his involvement at the club...

That's a shame. He was doing a job coming off the bench. I hope Erskine can find a new club once he heals

Edited by spiggle

25 minutes ago, spiggle said:

That's a shame. He was doing a job coming off the bench. I hope Erskine can find a new club once he heals

His fitness seemed to have improved immeasurably - seemed to cause Raith real problems when he came on after a long break.

2 hours ago, Afro said:

Sell Dykes for a million and Rankie is gone forever? Seems like a fair swap.

Even better, sell him for 2M and leave us with some in the bank for emergencies. From what other strikers are being rated in the Premiership Dykes should be worth at least that amount. We don't seem desperate for dosh so hopefully we value him sensibly and hold out for the right price. We sold Fernandez for 1M about 17 years ago, which puts perspective on what Dykes must be worth.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER