Livingston - all the threads merged

16 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Ward on Twitter saying that even if we do qualify for European football we probably won't even be allowed to play as we don't have Uefa certification. I remember something coming out about that at the start of the season, only us and Hamilton were given 'No Award' with Celtic taking an A grade, Rangers B etc... but without that we'd be disqualified I guess? Also went on to say it's unlikely we'd get it in time nor be granted special dispensation 

If Queen of the South and Gretna were able to get a UEFA License then I'm sure you will be able to get one to. Some of the diddy Welsh and N. Irish sides can get them ffs.

A well-run club like yourselves should have someone already looking into this.

Just now, ArabAuslander said:

If Queen of the South and Gretna were able to get a UEFA License then I'm sure you will be able to get one to. Some of the diddy Welsh and N. Irish sides can get them ffs.

A well-run club like yourselves should have someone already looking into this.

We had one when we qualified previously but apparently Uefa allow special dispensation for clubs outwith the top tier however if you don't have it and you're in the Premiership they don't? I think we have folk looking into it now but it's a race against time if we do finish in the top 4. I'm not sure why we failed to be honest but we've been fixing up the stadium with new dugouts and a new press room etc over the last year and a half

This is like when we were taken by surprise winning promotion through the play offs, John Ward was running about daft trying to get the stadium, pitch, and ticketing all sorted for playing in the top flight, as well as the squad having to be upgraded when looking at players to play in the Premiership. It's happening again if we qualify for Europe, nobody thought we'd be in the top 6 let alone having a chance at European footie, not even Livi. 😂

It's a bit amateurish getting caught out like this, but FFS, how the f**k we keep doing shit like this (winning promotion to the top flight, and now may even have a chance at Europe) is un fucking believable, it really is.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Ward on Twitter saying that even if we do qualify for European football we probably won't even be allowed to play as we don't have Uefa certification. I remember something coming out about that at the start of the season, only us and Hamilton were given 'No Award' with Celtic taking an A grade, Rangers B etc... but without that we'd be disqualified I guess? Also went on to say it's unlikely we'd get it in time nor be granted special dispensation 

Would’ve rather Ward had kept it quiet and quickly worked away behind the scenes to try and fix it. Makes it all a bit deflating now wanting to qualify just to be kicked out at the end. From looking at the licensing I really can’t see what would be failing us, added a youth system back, improved our facilities and as far as I’m aware our finances have been fine for a good few years now.  Rangers had a Uefa licence denied a few years ago cause of dodgy finances but managed to go through an appeal process and got their licence in the end, surely we can have our application reviewed. 

5 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Would’ve rather Ward had kept it quiet and quickly worked away behind the scenes to try and fix it. Makes it all a bit deflating now wanting to qualify just to be kicked out at the end. From looking at the licensing I really can’t see what would be failing us, added a youth system back, improved our facilities and as far as I’m aware our finances have been fine for a good few years now.  Rangers had a Uefa licence denied a few years ago cause of dodgy finances but managed to go through an appeal process and got their licence in the end, surely we can have our application reviewed. 

All ifs and buts at the moment.Il try not to think about it until we are actually in the top four.Still a long way to go and many tough games to come.Regardless,weve had a terrific season so far with a carrot being dangled before us.Surely the club arent stupid enough to oversee this aforesight should it materialise.But then again its Livi.

3 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

All ifs and buts at the moment.Il try not to think about it until we are actually in the top four.Still a long way to go and many tough games to come.Regardless,weve had a terrific season so far with a carrot being dangled before us.Surely the club arent stupid enough to oversee this aforesight should it materialise.But then again its Livi.

I don't think it's a case of them being stupid Troy, what were the odds we be in the top 6 let alone 4 points off a possible European spot at this stage of the season, the pundits only started talking about Livi being a top 6 team about 2 weeks ago, and only after our win against Motherwell did they see us as a possible threat to Aberdeen. Don't know the ins and outs of it, but i'd presume they're doing their best to get it sorted now. Would be proper gutting if we do qualify and aren't able to play though. These things don't come around that often for a club our size.

22 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I don't think it's a case of them being stupid Troy, what were the odds we be in the top 6 let alone 4 points off a possible European spot at this stage of the season, the pundits only started talking about Livi being a top 6 team about 2 weeks ago, and only after our win against Motherwell did they see us as a possible threat to Aberdeen. Don't know the ins and outs of it, but i'd presume they're doing their best to get it sorted now. Would be proper gutting if we do qualify and aren't able to play though. These things don't come around that often for a club our size.

Dead right L/F.Meant to say id be more than gutted for the players  if that were the case.If they get there.Lol.T.

Just now, crispy said:

Might (one of/) these be the same directors that approached John Ward to return? As described by JW on Alba a few weeks back.

Possibly...it could be one of the reasons John is back is to allow other directors to step away.

Brian Ewing, Alan Scott and Neil Hogarth away, just Robert Wilson and John Ward left on the board as it stands. Scott was re-elected but resigned immediately instead.

As it stands the club is owned by Opcco 6 Limited, I've no idea who that is though. They officially own 50-75% of the club, so full majority when it comes to decisions. So I'm imagining it's whoever is behind that, that's removed the two directors with Scott resigning upon re-election.

Not heard anything regarding anyone coming in as a director though.

Most I can find regarding Opcco is this: https://www.companieslist.co.uk/SC562119-opcco6-ltd - would appear they're simply an operating company for someone/something else.

Interesting that they were formed two years prior to becoming majority shareholder though, officially took over June 8th 2019, being formed March 30th 2017.

Found this further into the website posted before: 

NOTIFICATION OF A PERSON WITH SIGNIFICANT CONTROL ROBERT LAING WILSON

Form type: PSC01
Date: 2018.04.12

Seems like it's nothing to worry about, there's three directors in Opcco and that's John Ward, Robert Wilson and Brian Ewing. Wonder what Ewing's removal will mean though going forward

Edited by ATLIS

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Opcco6 was the vehicle that John Ward used to purchase the club, as I recall.

Yeah seems like it is, only weird part to me now is that Ewing was on the board for Opcco and is now gone. Non-Opcco directors have essentially had their position terminated so wonder if there's more lined up to come in.