Livingston - all the threads merged

Do we need another striker do you think?

If we stick with the 4-2-3-1 then we'd be looking like:

GK: Max / Barden

RB: Devlin / McMillan

RCB: Fitzwater

LCB: Parkes

LB: Longridge / Penrice

CM: Holt / Jacobs / Lewis / Obileye

AMC: Pittman / Sibbald

RW: Mullin / Kabia (although he has mainly played off the left)

LW: Forrest / Montana

ST: Anderson / Hamilton / Reilly

Not including - Schwake / Maley / Bartley / Pignatiello / Salim

Looks as though centre back is the priority and maybe a centre midfielder?

1 hour ago, championlivi said:

Do we need another striker do you think?

Looks as though centre back is the priority and maybe a centre midfielder?

100% agree that we should be focusing on bringing in a centre-back. Martindale mentions another offensive player in the Poplatnik announcement, could that be a right winger rather than a striker?

We don't need another winger,we're well covered in that dept.An out and out striker a a good solid CB and we should be just about there.Be interesting to see how many get a run out today down at the stadium against East Stirling in the friendly 🤔

18 hours ago, Afro said:

Sincerely hope that out of he and Stryjek that a clear number one becomes apparent (at least to the manager). The whole Hokey Cokey of McCrorie/Stryjek flitting in and out the side throughout the season certainly didn't help us defensively, IMO.

Agreed, while having two decent keepers fighting it out would be great. Most successful teams have a level of consistency with the first team/starting 11. should only really make changes with injuries or a consistently poor performance. 

24 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Centre half big time,Fitzwater isn't cutting it for me ......

Think he had a stop start season last year with a few injuries, not entirely written off for me. hope he steps up this coming season, he is still only 23 and we have him until 2023. a good season and maybe he could move on for a decent fee. 

Stryjek got more slack because he was better than McCrorie, and most fans preferred him in goals, but he made a few mistakes too, and wont get the same free pass this season now McCrorie has gone. 

Usually play one in cup games and the other in the league, but we should be using the cup group games as preparation for the league starting, and the keeper needs those cup games for that reason too.

Notice we only named 8 subs for today's friendly, 3 of which were trialists. No sign of Montano, Devlin, Bartley, Jacobs, Sibbald, SKA, Reilly, or Hamilton.

Would expect most of them are injuries/knocks. Bartley possibly just focussing on being assistant, but would still expect him to feature in the friendlies at least. Wouldn't surprise me if Sibbald is wanting out though, as much as I'd love him to stay. SKA probably just not fancied, unless he's already away and I've just missed it.

Anyone spend their afternoon on the hill in the rain? Any idea if we're likely to get any form of highlights?

Notice we only named 8 subs for today's friendly, 3 of which were trialists. No sign of Montano, Devlin, Bartley, Jacobs, Sibbald, SKA, Reilly, or Hamilton.
Would expect most of them are injuries/knocks. Bartley possibly just focussing on being assistant, but would still expect him to feature in the friendlies at least. Wouldn't surprise me if Sibbald is wanting out though, as much as I'd love him to stay. SKA probably just not fancied, unless he's already away and I've just missed it.
Anyone spend their afternoon on the hill in the rain? Any idea if we're likely to get any form of highlights?

I was up on the hill and as far as I could see we played pretty well in the first half without ever really getting out of first gear. Anderson looks like Scott Robinson and seems to be our type of player. Ayo is gonna be a cult hero...he's head and shoulders above everyone and looks really useful, took his goal really well too. Second half we lost a lot of rhythm with the changes and it seemed we were experimenting a bit more. They're keeper made a few decent stops in the second half. Montano's contract at port vale only ended a couple of days ago so he has only just joined up with the side. Devlin carrying a knock from what I've heard. We have another friendly in a couple of days so I'd imagine there will be a lot of rotation and the players that weren't involved today might make an appearance then.

48 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Sibbald was in Spain, saw him on the friendly video. Imagine he'll be injured if he doesn't play Monday night.

Devlin didn't go to Spain, but I think he had something to do with his wedding kind of hanging on, so probably behind due to that. Sibbald defo went, I'd be disappointed if we let him go as he's our best playmaking midfielder.

Where's the suggestion coming from that Sibbald is away? IIRC, both he and Devlin were injured for the St Johnstone game, so probably not a stretch to suggest both are possibly still out due to that.

Also worthwhile noting with the game on Monday I'd have expected a few of what would probably be considered our best XI to feature in that, to spread it over the two friendlies.

Where's the suggestion coming from that Sibbald is away? IIRC, both he and Devlin were injured for the St Johnstone game, so probably not a stretch to suggest both are possibly still out due to that.
Also worthwhile noting with the game on Monday I'd have expected a few of what would probably be considered our best XI to feature in that, to spread it over the two friendlies.
As far as I know, we aren't expecting any more exits. Sibbs would require a fee and after his performances last season, a reasonable 6 figure fee would be required for me.
Can see him leaving now so close to the season starting.

13 hours ago, Afro said:

Where's the suggestion coming from that Sibbald is away?

Wasn't really suggesting he's away, just that it wouldn't surprise me if wanted to leave, with him being in and out of the team since he joined.

More than happy to look a complete fool if he's in our midfield this season though.