Livingston - all the threads merged

Here is an interview with manager Davie Martindale on my podcast if anyone is interested 👍🏻

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B-s8q2FFM7Y&t=5s

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1DymuJ4s2QvVNmPfji8AVl?si=Ji1lW8FRQC-rEdVbtPRknw&dl_branch=1

1 hour ago, rossd98 said:

Here is an interview with manager Davie Martindale on my podcast if anyone is interested 👍🏻

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1DymuJ4s2QvVNmPfji8AVl?si=Ji1lW8FRQC-rEdVbtPRknw&dl_branch=1

Listened to this, earlier this week. Good podcast and worth listening to for Livi fans. Davie seemed to be more open with you as you are a Livi supporter.

Your Raffa and Gallagher ones were very good as well.

49 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Listened to this, earlier this week. Good podcast and worth listening to for Livi fans. Davie seemed to be more open with you as you are a Livi supporter.

Your Raffa and Gallagher ones were very good as well.

Thanks for that. Really appreciate it and glad you enjoyed them 👍🏻

On 12/06/2021 at 15:27, rossd98 said:

Yeah great listen, very informative too, covering pro youth set ups, and young players from big clubs being so far off first team men's football. Interesting about Obileye coming in to take over from Marv this season, and Marv wouldn't have been playing many games anyway, so was good for him and us that he stepped into the assistant manager/coaching job.

Goalkeepers
1. Daniel Barden - 2022 (Loan)
32. Max Stryjek - 2023

Defenders
2. Nicky Devlin - 2022
3. Jackson Longridge - 2023
4. Tom Parkes - 2022
5. Jack Fitzwater - 2023
6. Ayo Obileye - 2023 (1 year extension option)
21. Jack McMillan - 2022
24. Sean Kelly - 2022

Midfielders
7. Keaghan Jacobs - 2022
8. Scott Pittman - 2023
10. Craig Sibbald - 2022
12. Ben Williamson - 2022 (Loan)
16. Adam Lewis - 2022 (Loan)
18. Jason Holt - 2023
29. James Penrice - 2024

Forwards
9. Bruce Anderson - 2024
11. Cristian Montano - 2023 (1 year extension option)
14. Josh Mullin - 2023
17. Alan Forrest - 2022
20. Gavin Reilly - 2022
22. Andrew Shinnie - 2023
23. Jack Hamilton - 2022
37. Jaze Kabia - 2023

In
Bruce Anderson - Aberdeen
Daniel Barden - Norwich City (Loan)
Harrison Clark - Chester-Le-Street United
Sean Kelly - Falkirk
Adam Lewis - Liverpool (Loan)
Cristian Montano - Port Vale
Joel Nouble - Aldershot Town
Ayo Obileye - Queen of the South
Tom Parkes - Exeter City
James Penrice - Partick Thistle
Andrew Shinnie - Charlton Athletic
Ben Williamson - Rangers (Loan)

Loans Out
Harrison Clark - Arbroath - Contract Expiry 2023
Joel Nouble - Arbroath - Contract Expiry 2023 (1 year extension option)
Carlo Pignatiello - Dumbarton - Contract Expiry 2022 (?)
Matej Poplatnik - Raith Rovers - Contract Expiry 2022 (1 year extension option)
Brian Schwake - Edinburgh City - Contract Expiry 2023

Left Club
Efe Ambrose
Raffaele De Vita
Djibril Diani - Grasshoppers (Loan return)
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Aberdeen
Jon Guthrie - Northampton Town
Salim Kouider-Aissa - Airdrieonians
Steve Lawson
Alan Lithgow - Greenock Morton
Robby McCrorie - Rangers (Loan return)
Scott Robinson - Kilmarnock
Julien Serrano - Monaco (Loan return)
Ross Stewart - Hearts
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair
Scott Tiffoney - Partick Thistle

Updated with Schwake's loan to Edinburgh City.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah great listen, very informative too, covering pro youth set ups, and young players from big clubs being so far off first team men's football. Interesting about Obileye coming in to take over from Marv this season, and Marv wouldn't have been playing many games anyway, so was good for him and us that he stepped into the assistant manager/coaching job.

Thanks a lot, appreciate it! Yeah it was really interesting to hear that sort of stuff as you wouldn’t normally hear details like that in normal press interviews.

Ben Williamson is superb, speaks volumes that Jack Hamilton scored so much for us, yet Williamson won YPOTY ahead of him. He’s not the biggest built, but he loves a tackle and gets absolutely everywhere. Confident goals will be added to his game as he goes on as well. I’m gutted we never got to see him in person tbh, he’s bags of fun to watch. Looked like he loved every second playing at Arbroath as well, which is great to see from a young loanee brought into a relegation battle. Hope he absolutely smashes it for you.

It's all gone quiet from the club. No signings for a while, no sign of the new kit, no announcements of any friendlies or the fact they're off to Spain. 

Uncharacteristically quiet for them when stuff is going on, wee bit disappointing but maybe more so because I want to know what's happening :D 

Edited by ATLIS

It's all gone quiet from the club. No signings for a while, no sign of the new kit, no announcements of any friendlies or the fact they're off to Spain. 

Uncharacteristically quiet for them when stuff is going on, wee bit disappointing but maybe more so because I want to know what's happening [emoji3] 
Wonder if that could be down to the new SLO after Derek got his new role...maybe a bedding in period

Officially confirmed that the club took the government loan now.

The club ended up taking out a loan of £1,783,000. Not the best but if I recall correctly then it's paid back at around £500-£1000 per week

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Officially confirmed that the club took the government loan now.

The club ended up taking out a loan of £1,783,000. Not the best but if I recall correctly then it's paid back at around £500-£1000 per week

Think every team gets until 2042 to pay it off, and the first payment isn't due until 2022.

I think.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think every team gets until 2042 to pay it off, and the first payment isn't due until 2022.

I think.

Ah, so Livi's will end up closer to 1.5-2k per week I'd imagine then. Not the worst thing given the circumstances and 20 odd years to pay it off is decent enough. I imagine that within 20 years we'll sell someone for at least a few million that we can use to just wipe it off the books or some way towards reducing it

Had also saw Sibbald posting a picture of him and Guthrie saying it's the last time he'll see him. I'm imagining it's with the squad going abroad for the training camp, and Guthrie is left behind. Hopefully a deal imminent and we get at least 300k+ for him