Livingston - all the threads merged

Reckon Bartley is done with playing. Which leaves us with these CM options?

Sibbald, Obileye, Holt, Lewis, Williamson, Jacobs (injured for ages and probably at the end of the queue when he's fit)

Haven't included Pittman there as he's usually behind the striker (although there is a chance we go more of a 4-3-3 this season.)

Taking Jacobs out the equation leaves us with 5 players fighting for 2 spots. If we're running a thin squad you're probably expecting someone to leave, and a centre back coming in. 

Aye Williamson would be a better option than Pittman playing there. Also,, as Goodwin says too, it'll be a lot trickier this season with lockdown restrictions being lifted, for players having to isolate, so we'll need plenty of cover all over the pitch. Just don't have players together that play in the same positions so they aren't all isolating at the same time.

The infection rate is going to rocket, so unless rules are changed for players who have been in close contact with a positive tested player, and they only need to be tested instead of isolating, we're going to see a lot of team getting games postponed, not being able to field a team.

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair, aye? Do we actually need him unless someone is away? Where does he actually fit into that midfield?

Dunno if this helps or not, but this is how RG v8.95 saw him last season...

Arbroath.thumb.png.cd7d2b85398a980a484f5a0cc1d5195c.png

Plenty of ball winning, plenty of bringing the ball up the park, plenty of shooting when given the chance, plenty of fouls given away. 

Based on this he looks like he'd be suited as playing as the most advanced of a 3 man midfield. Will be more solid defensively than Pittman, but will score less.

Unfair to really judge players based on this alone though, mind you.

6 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I'm aware of that.
Moving to Meadowbank was hardly the same.

Why, because it was from one part of Edin to another, still the same club, players/team, staff, it wasn't an Airdrie taking another club's registration, so stop talking shite.

13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Joel Nouble signs and is promptly sent out to Livi B over in Arbroath. Wtf is actually happening :D 

And if they're any good Motherwell will take them. In fact they don't even have to be any good.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

On 30/06/2021 at 12:45, EdinburghLivi said:

Wrong Joel after all. 

I'm surprised we're sending him out on loan, he looked like a monster in the friendly we played. Suspect he will cause absolute havoc for Arbroath.

Wrong Joel after all. 
I'm surprised we're sending him out on loan, he looked like a monster in the friendly we played. Suspect he will cause absolute havoc for Arbroath.
Let him get up to speed with the game here, recall him in January and watch him demolish the premiership defenders

Saw a highlight reel on YouTube and I know they're all edited to make them look good but he looks like a younger, faster version of Jet...nice bit of skill but not afraid to body defenders about... excited to see how he does.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:
Wrong Joel after all. 

Let him get up to speed with the game here, recall him in January and watch him demolish the premiership defenders

Yep my thoughts too, took JET a while to get match fit and up to 'speed' before we got the best from him, we've already got 3 strikers ready for action too, he wouldn't be getting the game time at Livi to get himself challenging for a starting place. Plays regularly with Arbroath and tears it up in the Championship and he'll be like a new signing to push us on the 2nd half of the season.

On 30/06/2021 at 12:45, EdinburghLivi said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/daire-oconnor/profil/spieler/365202

🤔 *pretends to be ITK*

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Saw a highlight reel on YouTube and I know they're all edited to make them look good but he looks like a younger, faster version of Jet...nice bit of skill but not afraid to body defenders about... excited to see how he does.

Watched it too and don’t usually like your highlight reels but it was a very good one. Him carrying the ball all over the park and bodying boys about. Very excited to see him play. Just let us have him for the season please or swap for Jack Hamilton again in January. 😂

Also just a heads up on Williamson. He’s an all round all action midfielder he will be absolutely all over the joint. Loves a tackle, great on the ball, clever, hard working and he looked more of a goal threat the longer he was with us. Absolutely loved him. Scored a cracking goal for under 21s too. Great attitude on him I think he will go far.

Also just a heads up on Williamson. He’s an all round all action midfielder he will be absolutely all over the joint. Loves a tackle, great on the ball, clever, hard working and he looked more of a goal threat the longer he was with us. Absolutely loved him. Scored a cracking goal for under 21s too. Great attitude on him I think he will go far.
I get the feeling he's in to rotate with Pittman. Pitts has played almost every game since he joined us barring a spell out injured, could see he was a bit jaded by the end of the season

Watched it too and don’t usually like your highlight reels but it was a very good one. Him carrying the ball all over the park and bodying boys about. Very excited to see him play. Just let us have him for the season please or swap for Jack Hamilton again in January. [emoji23]
Big season for young Jack. I really like the lad so hope he kicks on and shows he'd good enough for the premiership

20 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:
On 10/07/2021 at 19:28, FreedomFarter said:
Get out of Gorgie and give the people of Powderhall their team back.

EH?

Hearts were based in Powderhall before moving to Gorgie.

What does the RG System say about Nouble btw @RandomGuy.? Seems like he could be a decent player and certainly should do well at Arbroath.

Highlight reels are obviously slanted but seems a good ball carrier and creator for a striker

Edited by ATLIS