Livingston - all the threads merged

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Big Nouble's getting plenty plaudits at Arbroath, think we could be doing with him right now, and not having to wait till Jan, he's got up to speed pretty quickly.

I don't think we can recall him in this window, although I'm not sure on the specifics on it. It's possible @Skyline Drifter may know more about the legality of recalling a player within the same window he was loaned out in though.

Really hoping Bruce Anderson is okay having passed out on the park and suffering a diabetic seizure today, in hospital overnight for safety. He's been one of the few bright spots for us this season and genuinely looks like a good number 9 for us, hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I don't think we can recall him in this window, although I'm not sure on the specifics on it. It's possible @Skyline Drifter may know more about the legality of recalling a player within the same window he was loaned out in though.

Yeah i don't think we can, can't wait till Jan though, he looks a great signing. It'll just be like the thing for Martindale to leave him at Arbroath the full season now.

Reading on the bbc website Anderson took a diabetic fit on the pitch, and is in hospital overnight. Fitzwater and Stryjek were chucking up in the dressing room at HT, and Fitzwater was spewing into his shirt when he was going off the pitch, that's why he went straight down the tunnel.

48 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Absolutely nothing to stop you cancelling the loan in the same window. Of course the terms of the loan may not allow it. It's likely Livi have a recall option only in January under the loan contract. That said, if all parties agree you can cancel a loan at any time regardless of whether there's a term allowing for it.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Really hoping Bruce Anderson is okay having passed out on the park and suffering a diabetic seizure today, in hospital overnight for safety. He's been one of the few bright spots for us this season and genuinely looks like a good number 9 for us, hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.

Also wanted to jump into the thread to wish Anderson the best - any kind of on-pitch collapse is always scary and fingers crossed he is out of hospital tomorrow. As a professional sportsperson having to also manage diabetes, he already has my respect, so I hope he's able to recover from this quickly.

(I still hope he's shite everytime Livi play Motherwell though)

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Christ, that sounds horrible.

50 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I'm sure there was an article after the Motherwell game about Martindale wanting to sign another defender. 

That's about the only bit of hope I'm clinging onto right now. 

His interview about the Omeonga signing has him saying there's no money for anyone else, and Reilly out on loan would be your last bit of business.

Obviously can't always trust what managers are saying around this time of the window though.

First of all, all the very best to Anderson and the various walking wounded. Hopefully our fitness concerns ease over the international break, although by the same token I hope our myriad defensive issues are worked on as well. I can’t remember who said it, may have been someone on Facebook, but I’d like to think that any centre half who was available, at a level we could afford, we would be all over them. 

Rory Loy on Sportsound yesterday was covering the Arbroath game, and he said that Nouble was “frightening”. You just know that if he came back to us at any point, he’d lose all form and/or suffer some injury setback. 

On a side note, I’m not sure if it’s been brought up on the thread already, but I thought the managers comments prematch about it being a guarantee that we won’t be relegated were nonsensical. Mark Twain’s quote on fools springs to mind. 

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

For what little it's worth, Nouble reminded me of JET when we played Arbroath.

I think he's a lot more mobile and holds the ball up miles better, JET tended to lose the ball easily with his back to players, trying to shield it, all they had to do was hook a leg round and kick it away. JET's prob got a better shot on him though, but all round play Nouble looks a lot better. Would be great playing as the target man for feeding in Anderson and/or Forrest. Both have quick feet for big men though, and good close ball control,  in that regard they're similar.

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

I'm sure there was an article after the Motherwell game about Martindale wanting to sign another defender. 

That's about the only bit of hope I'm clinging onto right now. 

Martindale spotting a midfielder when he's meant to be looking for a CB.

See the source image

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Martindale spotting a midfielder when he's meant to be looking for a CB.

See the source image

It's like he's playing Football Manager at this point. Just click "Approach to sign" on every available player and end up with a horribly imbalanced squad

20 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope he recovers quick and fully, that is scary stuff.

4 hours ago, LiviLion said:

It's like he's playing Football Manager at this point. Just click "Approach to sign" on every available player and end up with a horribly imbalanced squad

He's sat filtering by youth caps and international caps :D 

27 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope he recovers quick and fully, that is scary stuff.

Think there's been a few Hibs fans that have went and apologised as well, quite a few of their home support were booing him for going down on the park. There's no way anyone could've known what was happening