Livingston - all the threads merged

Are you missing the point on purpose? I am saying pretty much every single Livi fan under the age of 25 maybe actually 30 would/will have been to young to understand the issues of the club moving to Livingston. Yet you constantly say folk should be researching when a club appears in your town, obviously if they were 30 when it happened that would be possible. For anyone under 15 it may have been a bit harder, so they just started supporting what was to them their local club.

My point is - that no matter how many years ago that Meadowbank Thistle moved to Livingston - it's still possible for a young person to check the club's history - and question how and why they ended up playing in their town - the fact that they chose to support them regardless or get taken their by their father or go along with their mates - is another argument.

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

Shame that Livvi are getting held to ransom by two clubs over the sale of their star asset.

Well, shame that is that there are two interested parties. It would be more poetic if there were only the one and they got screwed even better.

Funny how things like that come back from the past, the only thing that would be even better was if it was Raith who were in a position to buy him for smarties.

Still at around £100k for Leigh Griffiths they are getting a bloody sight more out of the deal than near the bankrupt Raith Rovers did when they gave us a paltry £20,000 for Andrews, Tosh and Burns.

GIRFU them!

My point is - that no matter how many years ago that Meadowbank Thistle moved to Livingston - it's still possible for a young person to check the club's history - and question how and why they ended up playing in their town - the fact that they chose to support them regardless or get taken their by their father or go along with their mates - is another argument.

None of that explains why they would give a f'ck as to how the club came into being.

I enjoy the game of football, and couldn't care less about football politics. I wasted enough attending dozens of meeting when Airdrieonians were hitting the skids to know that I have absolutely no interest in the internal workings of clubs.

If at the age of 12, I'd found out that Hitler, Mussolini and Pol Pot had previously sat on the board of Airdrieonians, that wouldn't have prevented me from following the team. A 12 year old Livvy fan should bear no guilt over shit that they have sod all responsibility for.

Edited by wearealldoomed

Don't understand the point the numbnuts are trying to make with regard to youngsters checking up on why Livi came about,to any youngster from Livingston supporting their local team should be the priority rather than following the OF or the 2 Edinburgh clubs.

I know when I stayed in Livi 13 years ago that the Edinburgh clubs understandably had large followings there,so it will take a while for that to change if ever.

They'd get slagged for gloryhunting if they didn't support Livi, Wimbledon,Meadowbank and others is not the fault or concern of MK Dons and Livi fans so just get over it,it's gone and it aint coming back.

None of that explains why they would give a f'ck as to how the club came into being.

I enjoy the game of football, and couldn't care less about football politics. I wasted enough attending dozens of meeting when Airdrieonians were hitting the skids to know that I have absolutely no interest in the internal workings of clubs.

If at the age of 12, I'd found out that Hitler, Mussolini and Pol Pot had previously sat on the board of Airdrieonians, that wouldn't have prevented me from following the team. A 12 year old Livvy fan should bear no guilt over shit that they have sod all responsibility for.

The fact that that your club were in the shite and got bailed out - should make you you even more aware. The Airdrie support is know for burying their heads in the sand though - and it was only Ballantyne that kept you afloat and brought the support together when you took Clydebank's league place.

Don't understand the point the numbnuts are trying to make with regard to youngsters checking up on why Livi came about,to any youngster from Livingston supporting their local team should be the priority rather than following the OF or the 2 Edinburgh clubs.

I know when I stayed in Livi 13 years ago that the Edinburgh clubs understandably had large followings there,so it will take a while for that to change if ever.

They'd get slagged for gloryhunting if they didn't support Livi, Wimbledon,Meadowbank and others is not the fault or concern of MK Dons and Livi fans so just get over it,it's gone and it aint coming back.

I'm not disputing that the vast majority of youngsters won't give a flying f**k about how Livingston came to get their league place - I'm not even saying they should - I'm just saying that it is possible to find out the truth easy enough.

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

The fact that that your club were in the shite and got bailed out - should make you you even more aware. The Airdrie support is know for burying their heads in the sand though - and it was only Ballantyne that kept you afloat and brought the support together when you took Clydebank's league place.

I'm not disputing that the vast majority of youngsters won't give a flying f**k about how Livingston came to get their league place - I'm not even saying they should - I'm just saying that it is possible to find out the truth easy enough.

You really are deluded. Do you know any young people?. Do you know anyone for that matter.

Very few people care. That's why Clydebank went belly up, and Airdrie and every other team whose ambulance you happen to hitch yourself to.

"I say Tommy let's go to the footie old chap.

I'd love to, but let me check the internet, I believe their are some moral issues surrounding our local team.

You really should carry out due dilligence before embarking on these outings.

Oh well lets go swimming then.

What! In a Labour controlled council swimming pool."

Why? There's f'ck all I can do to influence the direction of the club unless I find a spare £500K lying in the street and buy JB out.

I don't particularly like the way the club is going, but as my only involvment is deciding whether or not to cough up £15 on any given Saturday, I don't really have any right to challenge the board.

You an your fellow Trust types thoughout the land have a different take on the game. Each to their on and all that, but I suspect you're cvastly outnumbered by folk whose only interest is the on-pitch spectacle.

So Livi (or Massone) have found £10k to pay the council this months dues buying them some time. Can someone please confirm to me whats due next week? Am I right in thinking that they will be due £280k to the council and the players wages...has the leccy been played off or the Hegarty situation been resolved??

Its just jumping from deadline to deadline at the minute. If Massone has the cash then it should be used to pay off the bills, then he could sell the club for an amount as a 'debt free' asset...until then no-one with any sense will be near Almondvale to pick up the pieces...its cheaper to wait and see what happens!

Your whole argument on this thread is utter nonsense. I can handle the whole "moved against others wishes" stuff, but this...

So, rather than giving plenty of young footballers in West Lothian opportunities, getting behind a local team, creating local jobs, providing young people in West Lothian with an alternative to the Old Firm, you are actually suggesting we should have boycotted the club, let it die, and allow a small bunch of folk to bleat "I told you so" for the next forty years?

Aye, more fool me for not heading off to Ibrox and Celtic Park each week. You are actually condemning Livingston fans for supporting a local club that was brought to the town. That beggars belief.

You really are deluded. Do you know any young people?. Do you know anyone for that matter.

Very few people care. That's why Clydebank went belly up, and Airdrie and every other team whose ambulance you happen to hitch yourself to.

I'd love to, but let me check the internet, I believe their are some moral issues surrounding our local team.

Things are changing though - not quickly - but football fans are looking more closely at the chancers who are taking over football clubs to make a fast buck.

You an your fellow Trust types thoughout the land have a different take on the game. Each to their on and all that, but I suspect you're cvastly outnumbered by folk whose only interest is the on-pitch spectacle.

Not disputing that, though Supporter's trusts and supporters generally getting more involved with their football clubs.

So, rather than giving plenty of young footballers in West Lothian opportunities, getting behind a local team, creating local jobs, providing young people in West Lothian with an alternative to the Old Firm, you are actually suggesting we should have boycotted the club, let it die, and allow a small bunch of folk to bleat "I told you so" for the next forty years?

No, what is done is done - it can't be changed - but there was very little concern for the Meadowbank Thistle fans who had `'lost`' their club from those new Livingston fans that started supporting the club when it moved to WL. What goes around comes around and all that...

Perhaps you can start a campaign with the Livi trust and Massolini to get the trophies won under the name Ferranti and Meadowbank sent back to Edinburgh. :P

Yet again you completely miss the point that pretty much every person in there fan base under 25 didn't just start supporting them because they moved there. It is all due to them being of the age in the last 15 years when supporting a football club comes to a young man or woman. To them and many others across the country supporting your local team is the easiest/cheapest option to do so. So it's not what goes around comes around.

There are a few older people who jumped on the Livi band-wagon as soon as they arrived in town - it's to them that "what comes around, goes around" comment is aimed at - not the 10-15 year olds who decided to follow the club.

Quite a few of the Livi "Old Guard" post (or use to) on this Board or livilions.

Charles Darwin Esq. of Inverness, where are you? :lol:

Indeed - though he's not posted on here since the 6th June I think.

He's probably busy on livilions and no doubt delighted at the number of hits and exposure his forum is getting.

I thought I saw a post by him the other day.

His forum is certainly getting exposed. :D

There are a few older people who jumped on the Livi band-wagon as soon as they arrived in town - it's to them that "what comes around, goes around" comment is aimed at

Please explain to me what is wrong with the older people you refer to above jumping on the Livi bandwagon when they came to town? I'm imagining the majority of them were armchair OF or Hibs/Hearts fans who were contributing nothing to the Scottish game financially, but now have done for the past 15 years.

Surely anyone deciding to support a "diddy" team rather than the OF or nobody at all can only have been good for the game?

There are a few older people who jumped on the Livi band-wagon as soon as they arrived in town - it's to them that "what comes around, goes around" comment is aimed at - not the 10-15 year olds who decided to follow the club.

Quite a few of the Livi "Old Guard" post (or use to) on this Board or livilions.

Charles Darwin Esq. of Inverness, where are you? :lol:

They should teach this sort of stuff in the schools. Then the ignorant wee tramps would know who to support.

But who would be suitably qualified to impart the morality of supporting football..........

:lol: