Livingston - all the threads merged

And there is a good proportion of the current Livi support who were old enough at the time to realise that the club had been moved against the wishes of the Meadowbank fans but didn't give a flying f**k because they had a local club to watch on their doorstep which had been parachuted in from Edinburgh.

Well whoop te do let's damn them to hell for not adopting the saintly attitude of KFTS and boycotting something they had been crying out for for generations. By God they haven't half paid their dues by being cursed in the series of shysters who have been in charge of the club. If anything good comes of this latest fiasco it will be that the club at last loses the spivs and is taken over by either the fans or a combination of fans and local businessmen who have its rather than their interests at heart. KFTS sometimes I think you have never really supported one team exclusively the way the rest of us have. Yes Meadowbank were shafted and I more than most empathise with their fans but shit happens and at the end of the day it is never the result of actions by fans. It is usually done by the kind of folk that are currently killing Livi.

Some of them also saw the opportunity to get involved and make some cash for themselves.

You make that sound like Livi fans were trying to make cash. :lol:

I have sympathy for the original Meadowbank fans regardless of numbers,to have your team stripped away must be terrible.

Listening to Massone makes me realise that for all their faults my board are doing a good job.

I can understand the Livi fans frustration at their clubs situation but why does Massone get 100% of the blame,he did purchase them for £1 but I can only imagine the financial mess that he purchased Flyman Flynn after all the £10m lottery winner got shafted for £5m with nothing to show for it except being left to drive about in an old banger and Flyman Flynn doesn't even show the slightest concern for the financial mess he left that boy in.

PS. I actually think Massone will come up with the goods,IMO he likes the attention regardless of it being positive or negative.

IMO all smaller clubs should be run for the fans by the fans.

I have sympathy for the original Meadowbank fans regardless of numbers,to have your team stripped away must be terrible.

Listening to Massone makes me realise that for all their faults my board are doing a good job.

I can understand the Livi fans frustration at their clubs situation but why does Massone get 100% of the blame,he did purchase them for £1 but I can only imagine the financial mess that he purchased Flyman Flynn after all the £10m lottery winner got shafted for £5m with nothing to show for it except being left to drive about in an old banger and Flyman Flynn doesn't even show the slightest concern for the financial mess he left that boy in.

PS. I actually think Massone will come up with the goods,IMO he likes the attention regardless of it being positive or negative.

IMO all smaller clubs should be run for the fans by the fans.

That wasn't Flynn. That was the previous mob that releived McGuiness of his cash.

That wasn't Flynn. That was the previous mob that releived McGuiness of his cash.

Sorry,just knew the guy was well turned over.

In the fullness of time fans will realise that Massone was stung for £1m+ that he didn't know about,obviously his lack of due dilligence at the time of purchase is his own fault but the football authorities really should bear the brunt of blame as thay don't appear to be interested in vetting current or prospective owners of clubs.

Edited by ayrmad

Well whoop te do let's damn them to hell for not adopting the saintly attitude of KFTS and boycotting something they had been crying out for for generations.

So the town of Livingston had been crying out for league football for generations? Leave that excuse for the fans of the MK Dongs who justify that as the reason for their support. :rolleyes:

The thing is - if this was practically any other Scottish football club with generations of loyal support - you'd have mine and many other football fans' backing. As it is, like Gretna FC a year ago, you have a 100+ page thread on P&B ridiculing your club and the situation you are in. ;)

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

Honestly answer seriously, if I was from Livingston and supported them. What would I be doing wrong? Same with MK if it was there (I admit I would have been a bit older there so would have supported someone before then)? It goes along with everything you usually say "yer hame teams yer ain team" and all the rest of the lovey dovey bullshit that comes out of a lot of Queen's and other fans mouths.

You have to realise that not all young people are daft and/or selfish, Finlay. ;) Some are able to look at the reasons why Meadowbank Thistle/MK Dons ended up in Livingston/Milton Keynes and make up their own minds about supporting such a club.

Maybe it's better than supporting the old firm or an English Premier League club from afar - but perhaps only just. and of course increasingly in the modern world folks are lazy/greedy/motivated by self-interest and don't give a flying f**k....

And yes, of course the likes of me who have been through this as a supporter of Wimbledon FC (as will fans of Gretna FC and Clydebank) are likely to be more aware of these situations - but others can learn from our pain and mistakes.

I think Livvy got their comeuppance for the Kachloul affair when we relegated them with Hunt punching the ball into the net.

:lol:

I think it was us who relegated them at Almondvale. I am not 100% sure of that though but I thought we did when Barry Wilson scored the only goal of the game.

Apparently there is a poll on LiviLions running asking fans if they want Massolini to stay or go.

*Check out post 40*

To be fair to Livingston fans there can't be a group of supporters who have been more done over by their clubs owners in the recent history of Scottish football. If Ross County's owners had been shown to be lying cheats who couldn't be trusted on numerous occasions do you think your fans would be queueing up to hand over cash to them? I imagine that quite a few Livingston fans have though 'f*ck it' and given up on them.

I hope that Livingston manage to turn it round - as I said earlier on this thread I think - but there are few clubs in Scottish football who have been so dishonestly run. Living within their means and building a sustainable club has never really been on the agenda.

Chris, the issue is that on each and every occasion - until now - Livi fans have either accepted their custodians' dishonesty and incompetence with a shrug or (worse) backed it up. Only now that they're in real danger is the worm turning.

I guarantee you that if Massone had signed a good team for this season and hadn't let the electricity go off, there would be hardly a peep said about the disgraceful treatment of Paul Hegarty, for example. It's only because the team's in trouble that the fans are acting.

FAO KftS, I can't quote big posts.

Honestly, you think ten years ago some 12 year old boy would be thinking "aye I better no support these, they moved from Edinburgh". So to suggest folk that did are daft/selfish is frankly daft, when I was 11/12 I was just delighted that my mum and dad bought me a season ticket and were willing to let me go to the games with my mates. I would say most Livi fans under 25, who are just supporting their local team will be losing a big part of there life and will just be as gutted as you were when the Don's shifted off to MK.

And I would say: f**k 'em.

FAO KftS, I can't quote big posts.

Honestly, you think ten years ago some 12 year old boy would be thinking "aye I better no support these, they moved from Edinburgh". So to suggest folk that did are daft/selfish is frankly daft, when I was 11/12 I was just delighted that my mum and dad bought me a season ticket and were willing to let me go to the games with my mates. I would say most Livi fans under 25, who are just supporting their local team will be losing a big part of there life and will just be as gutted as you were when the Don's shifted off to MK.

Just press the quote button before adding your reply. ;)

I'd like to think that some people would do a bit of research when a club appears in their town - but I'm not that naive not to understand the sort of priorities that a young lad/lassie into fitba might have and the fact that many don't care about the issues. The Livingston fans are learning the hard way abot supporting a football club atm.

These days we have the t'internet and media coverage of such matters - no excuse for not being 'up to speed' on such things.

Well whoop te do let's damn them to hell for not adopting the saintly attitude of KFTS and boycotting something they had been crying out for for generations. By God they haven't half paid their dues by being cursed in the series of shysters who have been in charge of the club. If anything good comes of this latest fiasco it will be that the club at last loses the spivs and is taken over by either the fans or a combination of fans and local businessmen who have its rather than their interests at heart. KFTS sometimes I think you have never really supported one team exclusively the way the rest of us have. Yes Meadowbank were shafted and I more than most empathise with their fans but shit happens and at the end of the day it is never the result of actions by fans. It is usually done by the kind of folk that are currently killing Livi.

You make that sound like Livi fans were trying to make cash. :lol:

Yes shit happens, but admin once again leaves a lot of people out of pocket. That not paying people seems to be seen as the end game to get back on the straight and narrow i(and s what was supposed to have happened after Meadowbank, and it was what was supposed to have happened five years ago) just ain't right. Yet here we are again.

For footie fans, yes, sympathy. For the rogue outfit that is Livingston FC, then no, no sympathy whatsoever. They can't be allowed to walk away virtually unscathed this time.

I'd like to see Livingston fans being a bit more sanctimonious about the debt they owe rather than the risk to their football viewing pleasure. I'm far from convinced that many give a toss if debts are paid or not.

Edited by Guest

I think it was us who relegated them at Almondvale. I am not 100% sure of that though but I thought we did when Barry Wilson scored the only goal of the game.

Apparently there is a poll on LiviLions running asking fans if they want Massolini to stay or go.

*Check out post 40*

:lol:

Fantastic.

Yes shit happens, but admin once again leaves a lot of people out of pocket. That not paying people seems to be seen as the end game to get back on the straight and narrow i(and s what was supposed to have happened after Meadowbank, and it was what was supposed to have happened five years ago). Yet here we are again.

For footie fans, yes, sympathy. For the rogue outfit that is Livingston FC, then no, no sympathy whatsoever. They can't be allowed to walk away virtually unscathed this time.

Yes, and short of my club being closed I agree.

Chris, the issue is that on each and every occasion - until now - Livi fans have either accepted their custodians' dishonesty and incompetence with a shrug or (worse) backed it up. Only now that they're in real danger is the worm turning.

I guarantee you that if Massone had signed a good team for this season and hadn't let the electricity go off, there would be hardly a peep said about the disgraceful treatment of Paul Hegarty, for example. It's only because the team's in trouble that the fans are acting.

Spot on - which is pretty sad, actually.

They are an odd bunch, right enough: over on LiviLions they're all slapping each other on the back and congratulating themselves on being so united as of this week, MONTHS after fans from all over the country started pointing out to them that Massone was a delusional fantasist at best.

Abuse has been dished out left, right and centre to anyone who dared suggest Massone was anything other than Livi's saviour, and the penny has dropped with them woefully late - and yet they want to congratulate each other for at last finally coming together when it's probably far too late??!?

*Check out post 40*

Unbelievable! that is priceless!

Spot on - which is pretty sad, actually.

They are an odd bunch, right enough: over on LiviLions they're all slapping each other on the back and congratulating themselves on being so united as of this week, MONTHS after fans from all over the country started pointing out to them that Massone was a delusional fantasist at best.

Abuse has been dished out left, right and centre to anyone who dared suggest Massone was anything other than Livi's saviour, and the penny has dropped with them woefully late - and yet they want to congratulate each other for at last finally coming together when it's probably far too late??!?

By far the best part is the one or two Massone loyalists still deluding themselves over the whole sorry situation :D