Livingston - all the threads merged

8 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

The mini pile-on from Devlin, Maley and Bartley onto that tweet made me a bit uncomfortable. Callum hasn't said anything controversial at all in my opinion and Bartley in particular has criticised him and called it poor. He's a local sports journalist, its literally his job and it's not like he's gone over the top. 

Callum's been open about his mental health struggles and the club's official account a couple days ago promoted the video he's in discussing it, think Marv had a bit of a cheek saying along the lines of "there's a young man who'll read this" when he's part of the management team that put Chuk in that position by subbing him on then taking him straight off, and is piling on to a completely innocent tweet. 

Wound me up a bit but I'll just hope that Chuk has something to show, he's clearly got some talent so hopefully it's just a bit of confidence he needs and he can find it pretty soon.

Yeah had said similar in a reply to Bartley, extremely poor from them. Correctly worded from Devlin but Bartley's was just outrage for the sake of it. He's certainly went down in my estimations from it.

I honestly feel the response Chuk's had has been justified. He's either not settling in at all or cba with being here. He's not in the right from of mind to play for this club either way and shouldn't be selected at all.

Well for a start, Carson didn’t even bother to ask Martindale about the sub in his post match interview. Very strange for a journalist to admit to not asking about about the incident before making such bold comments later in the evening but I’ll leave it at that re. Carson.

I enjoyed seeing the senior members of the squad sticking up for Chuk. He’s looked hopeless since he’s joined. Slow, poor first touch, poor ball control and doesn’t play with the same intensity as the rest of the team. Doesn’t mean seeing all the comments about him on Twitter won’t hurt him - he’s still a young lad trying to make a career for himself and he clearly needs more help. Togetherness and running through a brick wall for one another are what have made LFC so successful over the past 5 years or so. The fact that they’re willing to stick up for a young player who’s not quite there yet says it all about their togetherness. Brilliant result yesterday with some great individual performances. Considering the size of our club and what we’re trying to achieve this season, I’d be writing about how well Forrest is playing or how Davie has managed to find another rock solid center half who can chip in with a few at the other end too. People said we couldn’t replace Halkett or Guthrie, but we’ve found a great player in Obileye.

Keep seeing folk say Chuck has talent, no idea where they get that impression from. So far he's been hopeless, bad passing, keeps losing the ball, shows even less enthusiasm to chase after the ball than Hammy, said yesterday at the game we'd have been better keeping Hammy at Livi than bringing Chuck here.

He went on one decent run, then got the ball taken off him, wandered about out of possession with no interest in coming back to help out. One instance he was only several yards away from the opposition player with the ball and didn't bother his arse to put pressure on him, fans were shouting at him to put in a challenge, i think so was Martindale.

He either doesn't understand what we want him to be doing, or is just a lazy fecker, either case isn't good enough. We were down to 10 men with not long to go, we needed every player putting an extra bit of effort in to make up for Montano being sent off, yet Chuck was like us playing with 9 men., and Martindale knew that too, and subbed him back off. Beats me why he's getting on in the first place, because he's not shown anything to justify being ahead of other players on the bench, and should be bursting his arse to prove himself worthy of another game. Would like nothing more than to eat my words, i'm really wanting him to show us he's a good player, but if this is all he keeps bringing i'm not sure he's deserving of another chance. 

Nouble back for our next game has shown a hell of a lot more, and when Montano serves his suspension he's also way ahead of Chuck, and Soto has still to get a shot when his clearance goes through.

9 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

Well for a start, Carson didn’t even bother to ask Martindale about the sub in his post match interview. Very strange for a journalist to admit to not asking about about the incident before making such bold comments later in the evening but I’ll leave it at that re. Carson.

I enjoyed seeing the senior members of the squad sticking up for Chuk. He’s looked hopeless since he’s joined. Slow, poor first touch, poor ball control and doesn’t play with the same intensity as the rest of the team. Doesn’t mean seeing all the comments about him on Twitter won’t hurt him - he’s still a young lad trying to make a career for himself and he clearly needs more help. Togetherness and running through a brick wall for one another are what have made LFC so successful over the past 5 years or so. The fact that they’re willing to stick up for a young player who’s not quite there yet says it all about their togetherness. Brilliant result yesterday with some great individual performances. Considering the size of our club and what we’re trying to achieve this season, I’d be writing about how well Forrest is playing or how Davie has managed to find another rock solid center half who can chip in with a few at the other end too. People said we couldn’t replace Halkett or Guthrie, but we’ve found a great player in Obileye.

Said on the Livi FB he didn't get a chance with Martindale talking about Clancy shitshow, and had another interview next week where he'd ask. He is surely entitled to his opinion on the sub being subbed no?

Players really shouldn't be going on twitter or football forums to read what folk are saying about them, not unless they're extremely thick skinned, but even then it isn't advisable. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

4 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

Carson is a journalist. He has failed to ask the most basic and important questions and his still made comment on the issue afterwards. Bartley has quite rightly pointed out that the young player is likely to see it which sums it all up.

You'd have to take that up with him, but he's been brilliant writing about Livi over the years, and has earned a lot more respect than you're giving him.

24 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nouble back for our next game has shown a hell of a lot more, and when Montano serves his suspension he's also way ahead of Chuck, and Soto has still to get a shot when his clearance goes through.

His clearance has been through for some time, he tested positive for COVID when he turned up at the club and has only been in training late this week. Was technically available for yesterday but had only trained 2-3 days.

He's available for Ross County midweek, as is Konovalov I think

Which kinda tells you something.

I know a lot of our fans go on his twitter to get info about the club, read about his opinion on the match, and his articles, also good to have someone on the Livi FB page the fans can relate to and is knowledgeable about the club, and football in general. Seems this Chuck situation is blown out of proportion when he hasn't said anything most of us weren't thinking too.

17 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

Carson is a journalist. He has failed to ask the most basic and important questions and his still made comment on the issue afterwards. Bartley has quite rightly pointed out that the young player is likely to see it which sums it all up.

Bartley has dived in on him and made himself look like a p***k in the process. He's went way too far.

CC is one of the people I respect most when it comes to Livingston FC, he's absolutely one of the good people out there connected to the club even if it isn't in an employed status. He's covered the club for close to 10 years and deserves a lot more respect than people are giving him.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Which kinda tells you something.

I know a lot of our fans go on his twitter to get info about the club, read about his opinion on the match, and his articles, also good to have someone on the Livi FB page the fans can relate to and is knowledgeable about the club, and football in general. Seems this Chuck situation is blown out of proportion when he hasn't said anything most of us weren't thinking too.

Exactly this, his comments accurately sum up the general thoughts of the Livi fans in a more polite way than most fans would put it

26 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

Also, who runs that Livi podcast Twitter account? Coming out with the race card last night and saying he only gets abuse cause he’s black. Fucking muppet whoever you are - your podcast should be cancelled for that.

"Race card"? Are you some American Fox News w****r? We're in Scotland, here, ya p***k. 

Also, who runs that Livi podcast Twitter account? Coming out with the race card last night and saying he only gets abuse cause he’s black. Fucking muppet whoever you are - your podcast should be cancelled for that.

What's this all about? I wonder if you've anything to do with J Domingo [emoji848]

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

His clearance has been through for some time, he tested positive for COVID when he turned up at the club and has only been in training late this week. Was technically available for yesterday but had only trained 2-3 days.

He's available for Ross County midweek, as is Konovalov I think

Someone on FB put up a twitter convo from a Norwich fan not pleased we weren't playing Soto, and read his clearance wasn't through.

May be a Twitter screenshot of text that says '16:51 Livingston FC 3h All comments Gazza Cubitt Why are you not playing soto if you are not playing him just let him go ffs don't know why we Norwich) send players to you you never play them We should never send players to agian!! You silly little pub team 1h Haha Reply 2 Matt Mellor Gazza Cubitt we still waiting on international clearance 1h Like Reply Livingston FC Gazza Cubitt thanks for taking the time to comment. 57 Like Reply are commenting as top fan! Manage badge Write a comment... Home Watch arketplace Groups Noti ications Menu'

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Someone on FB put up a twitter convo from a Norwich fan not pleased we weren't playing Soto, and read his clearance wasn't through.

May be a Twitter screenshot of text that says '16:51 Livingston FC 3h All comments Gazza Cubitt Why are you not playing soto if you are not playing him just let him go ffs don't know why we Norwich) send players to you you never play them We should never send players to agian!! You silly little pub team 1h Haha Reply 2 Matt Mellor Gazza Cubitt we still waiting on international clearance 1h Like Reply Livingston FC Gazza Cubitt thanks for taking the time to comment. 57 Like Reply are commenting as top fan! Manage badge Write a comment... Home Watch arketplace Groups Noti ications Menu'

To be fair our FB account hasn't said anything about it there. It was actually from Callum Carson's twitter I'm pretty sure or on Facebook from him where he confirmed it was COVID holding it up

Aye, I thought it weird that Bartley - a part of the management team that subbed Chukwuemeka on and off - took offence at some pointing out the reasons why. For what it's worth his performance was like playing a man light, he literally refused to press the defenders

In an age when Sky Sports and the BBC still call us "Livingstone" on a regular basis it's probably not a good idea to go after one of the few reporters that seems to actually report on us.

The podcasts comments were bizarre as well, plenty of players have seen that response over the years. Ryan Hardie's last game away to Motherwell springs to mind. It's not that complex - loan and fringe players tend to not be given as much leeway as established players owning to their previous performances.