Livingston - all the threads merged

I wonder if Martindale could do the same idea again, use this window to tempt an old pro who's coming to the end of his career to the club. Play for a season or two and use the open coaching spot to get them their start in this side of the game. 

I've little doubt that we'll probably see Hastings step up to assistant for the time being

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I wonder if Martindale could do the same idea again, use this window to tempt an old pro who's coming to the end of his career to the club. Play for a season or two and use the open coaching spot to get them their start in this side of the game. 

I've little doubt that we'll probably see Hastings step up to assistant for the time being

"Wee Scotty" Arfield come on down 🤣

Would love to see Bingham back as a coach.Spoke to him earlier. Not sure he'd be ready for this.But Arfield,great shout . There's a few I could mention.But end of the day,it will be up to Davie. Sad to see his wing man gone,but good luck to him 👍

10 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Would love to see Bingham back as a coach.Spoke to him earlier. Not sure he'd be ready for this.But Arfield,great shout . There's a few I could mention.But end of the day,it will be up to Davie. Sad to see his wing man gone,but good luck to him 👍

Shinnie is another shout but still looks to have a year or 2 in him

Looking at the squad, I don’t think there’s a player who would want to step up. Bartley combined playing with reserves coaching for a year before moving into coaching, so I’d rather see a coach who’s comfortable working with the defensive side come in rather than just those in the building already 

He wasn't actually at the club all that long but his time was very impactful so it has felt longer. Given the captaincy straight away and played every minute he was available. Remained prominent since retiring first as coach then as assistant manager.

His impact reminds me of Stuart Lovell's a bit. Both weren't at the club for an especially long time but came in as captain and became a symbol during a successful era. Both provided a media voice too, of course.

7 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

He wasn't actually at the club all that long but his time was very impactful so it has felt longer. Given the captaincy straight away and played every minute he was available. Remained prominent since retiring first as coach then as assistant manager.

His impact reminds me of Stuart Lovell's a bit. Both weren't at the club for an especially long time but came in as captain and became a symbol during a successful era. Both provided a media voice too, of course.

Pretty much a perfect summary. Bartley joined at a time when we’d lost Halkett, Gallagher and Byrne. Signing Bartley, and Dykes, provided leadership at a time we could have easily become rudderless with short term deals and loans every transfer window 

13 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

"Wherever, whenever you play St Johnstone, it's a difficult game. We will try and impose our game plan, but I should have Nouble, Montano, Holt and Pittman back next week."

Get. the. f**k. in.

Guthrie should be back the following week based on his comments in the pre match press conference. Will be big for us to start having multiple options on the bench.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Wonder if we’d be looking at Brophy, kept on the bench yesterday and seems St Mirren want him gone 

His basic wage is allegedly eye watering. That could be a major stumbling block as he is highly unlikely to move for less. 

39 minutes ago, Molotov said:

His basic wage is allegedly eye watering. That could be a major stumbling block as he is highly unlikely to move for less. 

He’s not really done much to warrant a move upwards though has he? Let alone one to justify him staying on a big wage. 

I was just thinking about him as backup to Anderson tbf

Edited by ATLIS

10 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He’s not really done much to warrant a move upwards though has he? Let alone one to justify him staying on a big wage. 

I was just thinking about him as backup to Anderson tbf

Nope he was a Goodwin “push out the boat” signing. At the time Brophy was in the Scotland squad so St Mirren paid the price. 

There is a goal scorer in there. But I think he has lost the hunger and drive to succeed.

He won’t be the last high profile striker we have signed who ends up shooting blanks. 

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Wonder if we’d be looking at Brophy, kept on the bench yesterday and seems St Mirren want him gone 

Would prefer Curtis Main in all honesty...he seems a very Livi type player but the chances of that happening are zero.

20 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Can only assume he's heading somewhere else; first question is if its another loan or permanent, second is if Marvin's taking him to Queens.

What type of player is Jaze? Do a job in league one gaining experience?

8 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

What type of player is Jaze? Do a job in league one gaining experience?

Started well enough with us but got injured and was very slow to recover. Doesnt seem to have been a success for Morton. Dtarted a few games for then but faded out of favour.

As I recall he played both attaching midfield or inverted winger; also one or two outings as a false number nine.

Claim to fame - getting Scott Brown sent off at Celtic Park.