Livingston - all the threads merged

43 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Shite draw really. Would've preferred St Mirren or County tbh

St Mirren would've prob beaten us, County though, yeah them at home would've been good. The way our finances are though, this is a great draw. If by any chance we win it would put a big dent in our losses. Martindale's had a dry run at it last weekend, hope he's learnt something and can find a way to beat them.

4 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Rumours kicking around we are after Nouble today. Canny see it, but I do wonder if we are the team that put in a cheeky bid for him. 

I could see it. His value has halved in the last 3 months, a cheeky 300k has half a chance of being looked at. I’d be disappointed if he went to someone were looking at as a rival, but with our finances i don’t think it would be rejected out of hand. 500k would take him, although that might be out of Killie’s budget. 

10 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I could see it. His value has halved in the last 3 months, a cheeky 300k has half a chance of being looked at. I’d be disappointed if he went to someone were looking at as a rival, but with our finances i don’t think it would be rejected out of hand. 500k would take him, although that might be out of Killie’s budget. 

I'd say it's about £450k out of our budget.

11 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Rumours kicking around we are after Nouble today. Canny see it, but I do wonder if we are the team that put in a cheeky bid for him. 

Martindale been saying he's not interested in offers less than £1m so probably file it under unlikely. Although I can see you lot being the club that stuck the bid in, we'd already warned off Hearts prior. Worth noting as well that I'd say a few Killie fans talking about him being a striker, he's a winger. He definitely struggles up front as a striker.

Edited by ATLIS

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Martindale been saying he's not interested in offers less than £1m so probably file it under unlikely. Although I can see you lot being the club that stuck the bid in, we'd already warned off Hearts prior. Worth noting as well that I'd say a few Killie fans talking about him being a striker, he's a winger. He definitely struggles up front as a striker.

Aye i think the £1M price tag is a bit optimistic now, maybe the first half of last season when he was rag dolling Sevco defenders and scoring some goals, but his form in the 2nd half of the season has gone to f**k. Just now he's playing ok in spells, but to quote Davie, he's wanting better than ok. And because we've seen how he's capable of being unplayable in games, ok just seems not good enough. That back to back erse cheeks fixture is a good opportunity to get himself noticed though, 2 good performances there and i reckon we'd see some proper offers coming in, still doubt it'll be anywhere near £1m, but 500K/600K ish would prob be enough.

Needs to forget about playing it safe and just get back to playing like he did up to the WC break last season.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I'd honestly be fine with keeping Nouble this season if we don't get an offer of 500k+. He's able to contribute to us finishing in a spot that can get us more money than if he's not here. Could be a difference in staying up or not too.

He was the difference in us not finishing top 6 last season though, with that crap performance against Utd, that's when we needed Nouble to step up and put in a Nouble esque performance, but he was found wanting. Since that game i've been hyper critical of him, but i just don't see him staying, playing the way he is just now, being that helpful. Montano is a bigger influence in games imo, he'd be a far bigger loss than Nouble.

It's pretty harsh to blame Nouble for not finishing top 6. His performances did drop after Christmas, however he did score in the wins against Kilmarnock, Ross County and St Johnstone. Given our terrible form in that period, that's no too bad

He's not been as good this season, however he's still got 2 goals in 7 games and caused some problems to the defence. 

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

It's pretty harsh to blame Nouble for not finishing top 6. His performances did drop after Christmas, however he did score in the wins against Kilmarnock, Ross County and St Johnstone. Given our terrible form in that period, that's no too bad

He's not been as good this season, however he's still got 2 goals in 7 games and caused some problems to the defence. 

Yeah pre WC he was brilliant, he got injured during the break in our bounce games, and never really got back to that form. In the last 10 games or so he also played it very safe, not taking players on and hitting the byeline, against Utd we needed him to be doing that but he just launched diagonal balls into the box, which were easily dealt with. That one game is where we needed him to be going for it, giving us that bit of something special, still irks me that he didn't, and played well within himself.

Don't think he could've missed the goal against Ayr, Montano set it up on a plate for him, but yep, he's scored 2 goals in the cup games, needs to be doing that in the league too though, and gets back to the Nouble that took defenders on hitting the byeline. I just feel he's playing at 60%, which isn't terrible, but by the standards he set at the start of last season it isn't good enough, because we all know he can be better.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He was the difference in us not finishing top 6 last season though, with that crap performance against Utd

Total nonsense, without him we're nowhere near even close to top 6 on the final day

Singling out a players performance in one match can be a deep rabbit hole to go down in the full context of a season. Sure he went missing for half the season, but almost every other player went missing after January too. 
I’d be surprised if we didn’t accept 350k, but whether that’s actually any use to us I have my doubts considering we’d lose such a major part of our team and have to replace him.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Total nonsense, without him we're nowhere near even close to top 6 on the final day

You say he'd make that same difference this season, i'm arguing he wouldn't because since the WC break he's not been the same player, and that one game against Utd, which it all came down to us getting top 6, he played safe and didn't give us those runs coming along the byeline that creates havoc. Yeah others were pish too, but it's Nouble we're talking about and he just isn't giving us anything special now that would make a difference getting top 6, or even give us the chance of challenging for it.

If he doesn't get a move and has to keep playing for us, maybe that will stop him having any fear of picking up an injury in case it knackers his chances of a move, and we'll see the old Nouble, but as it stands, he's not making the same difference to help us challenge for top 6.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

You say he'd make that same difference this season, i'm arguing he wouldn't because since the WC break he's not been the same player, and that one game against Utd, which it all came down to us getting top 6, he played safe and didn't give us those runs coming along the byeline that creates havoc. Yeah others were pish too, but it's Nouble we're talking about and he just isn't giving us anything special now that would make a difference getting top 6, or even give us the chance of challenging for it.

If he doesn't get a move and has to keep playing for us, maybe that will stop him having any fear of picking up an injury in case it knackers his chances of a move, and we'll see the old Nouble, but as it stands, he's not making the same difference to help us challenge for top 6.

I think you've fixated too hard on him. I'd hesitate that it's based on the fact that he won't be here much longer. Saturday he had a good game, I can't see how anyone can say he didn't. It's easy to be overly critical of him at times. He's being forced to play as a striker right now as we're playing without wingers, and we all know that stops him getting wide and running at folk. 

If anyone blame Martindale for setting us up in a formation that means we're more comfortable once Nouble goes I guess? Who knows.

3 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Singling out a players performance in one match can be a deep rabbit hole to go down in the full context of a season. Sure he went missing for half the season, but almost every other player went missing after January too. 
I’d be surprised if we didn’t accept 350k, but whether that’s actually any use to us I have my doubts considering we’d lose such a major part of our team and have to replace him.

Yeah i'm only singling him out because he's the focus of attention just now trying to get a move, and was such a big player for us in the first half of the season, a game changer of a player when he's on form going for it. But just now i don't think he's performing anything like he was back then, and wouldn't be a loss, feels like we've already lost that player tbh.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

When it mattered he was. 

Did it not matter away to Aberdeen at the end of February like? Or Hibs at home the week after? Or, indeed, the Dundee United game the Wednesday after that? 

Was he to blame then too? 

A wee reminder to you of Martindale's comments following the loss to United. He said, "The top six wasn't lost today". 

I don’t know if I’m right to be anxious but it would be very nice to get this away goal hoodoo out the way this weekend. Think hibs probably have one of the most vulnerable back lines in the league just now. While we seem to be a lot more solid just now, we have one less “attacking” player on the park, and already as the lowest scoring team last season, I do worry about us scoring goals this year.